• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland Girls Forfeit

Started by Rulesman, February 09, 2006, 08:29:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulesman

I saw this in today's Jonesboro Sun: "Brookland had to forfeit its last league game after a second-quarter injury left it with just four players. "

By rule, as long as a team starts the game with 5 players they can finish with less. The quote from the Sun sounds as if the game was forfeited incorrectly. Anybody know the exact circumstances?

athletic supporter

Quote from: Rulesman on February 09, 2006, 08:29:33 pm
I saw this in today's Jonesboro Sun: "Brookland had to forfeit its last league game after a second-quarter injury left it with just four players. "

By rule, as long as a team starts the game with 5 players they can finish with less. The quote from the Sun sounds as if the game was forfeited incorrectly. Anybody know the exact circumstances?

Maybe they haven't played their last league game yet, but they won't have 5 healthy players by that time. Just a guess.

Rulesman

Quote from: youthguy on February 09, 2006, 08:50:47 pm
Quote from: Rulesman on February 09, 2006, 08:29:33 pm

Maybe they haven't played their last league game yet, but they won't have 5 healthy players by that time. Just a guess.
I doubt that is the case. Here is the entire piece:

"7, Highland (19-5): Highland wrapped up a 10-2 finish in the 3AAA-North via a forfeit, then buried Izard County Consolidated 77-54 as the Lady Rebels appear to be peaking at the right time. Brookland had to forfeit its last league game after a second-quarter injury left it with just four players. Courtney Sublett then pumped in 20 points, and Amber Watson added 15 in the victory over ICC."

Ron Mexico

Their coach probably just threw in the towel.  They have been terrible for years and she does very little for the program, word is that she is quitting after the season and just coaching volleyball.  It's a shame that a AAA school can get so few kids out to play basketball (they didn't even field a team 2 years ago and apparently they are getting close to that again.

Rulesman

Quote from: Ron Mexico on February 09, 2006, 11:55:07 pm
Their coach probably just threw in the towel.  They have been terrible for years and she does very little for the program, word is that she is quitting after the season and just coaching volleyball.  It's a shame that a AAA school can get so few kids out to play basketball (they didn't even field a team 2 years ago and apparently they are getting close to that again.
Sounds a lot like Jacksonville in some respects.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas