• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 5AAA district tourney

Started by razorbackfan3, February 06, 2006, 11:47:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan3

Do you think this will turn out to be a upset in the end?

Coltrane

Right now it is Atkins' to lose.  If Dardanelle or Pottsville gets hot, though, they both could make a run . 

allstar21

atkins is playing well and they are extremely confident.  if pottsville or dardanelle can get a win from them this week to slow down their momentum, dont expect atkins to be district champs.  However, do expect mayflower or clinton to upset a 1-4 seeded team and earn a bid to the regional tournament.

athletic supporter

I would watch out for Clarksville. They are probably the most physical team in the 5AAA, and they play the best overall defense of the top teams.

basketball4

Quote from: allstar21 on February 06, 2006, 05:17:56 pm
atkins is playing well and they are extremely confident. if pottsville or dardanelle can get a win from them this week to slow down their momentum, dont expect atkins to be district champs. However, do expect mayflower or clinton to upset a 1-4 seeded team and earn a bid to the regional tournament.

I think mayflower could have a chance to upset someone...  IF more then one person shoots the ball.  I think everyone knows what im talkin about.

petey24g

Quote from: allstar21 on February 06, 2006, 05:17:56 pm
atkins is playing well and they are extremely confident. if pottsville or dardanelle can get a win from them this week to slow down their momentum, dont expect atkins to be district champs. However, do expect mayflower or clinton to upset a 1-4 seeded team and earn a bid to the regional tournament.
when you say clinton could upset someone is it cause you, like everybody else, think that clintons homecourt brings favors, or cause were not that bad??

kijex13

Where is the 5AAA district tournament being held? .

austinthegreat2003

razorbackfan3

Do ya'll think lamar has a chance for Repeat?

basketball4

Quote from: razorbackfan3 on February 07, 2006, 02:07:25 pm
Do ya'll think lamar has a chance for Repeat?

From what ive saw they have pretty much only 2 guys. Number 15 and i think the other is 3.  I saw the lamar/pottsville game last week and i can only remember one guy scoring besides number 15 and 3(maybe a lay-up by someone else)   Number 15 had a very good game making almost everything he shot.  Pottsville won even though both of Lamars guys were makin their shots. 

I dont think its likely, but who knows?

petey24g

clinton should have a major advantage due to thier homecourt, hopefully the fans will pull through

basketball4

Quote from: petey24g on February 08, 2006, 09:43:41 am
clinton should have a major advantage due to thier homecourt, hopefully the fans will pull through

Dont you mean, "Hopefully the PLAYERS will pull through?"   

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: youthguy on February 06, 2006, 05:17:58 pm
I would watch out for Clarksville. They are probably the most physical team in the 5AAA, and they play the best overall defense of the top teams.

I believe a smart man told you that one.

athletic supporter

Quote from: aphsports.com on February 08, 2006, 11:42:00 am
Quote from: youthguy on February 06, 2006, 05:17:58 pm

I believe a smart man told you that one.

Correct, you are!

spirit05

i like the idea of having districts and regionals at clinton. very nice gym. much better than some of the other places district has been at in the past

Mark_Freeman03

i agree w/ the atkins guys, and it still befuddles me how clarksville doesnt go nearly undefeated in conference, when they have pretty good athletes. if they put out effort and dont get screwed they have a chance to win district, now regionals... different story!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Marvin_All-Star on February 08, 2006, 05:20:26 pm
i agree w/ the atkins guys, and it still befuddles me how clarksville doesnt go nearly undefeated in conference, when they have pretty good athletes. if they put out effort and dont get screwed they have a chance to win district, now regionals... different story!

The only way they will get screwed is if JT tries to coach too much.

basketball4

Quote from: youthguy on February 08, 2006, 09:39:18 pm
Quote from: Marvin_All-Star on February 08, 2006, 05:20:26 pm

The only way they will get screwed is if JT tries to coach too much.

Clap for youthguy haha.

Mark_Freeman03

you better watch that youthguy, or you will get a personal message from one of JT's buddies tellin you how stupid you are and how he knows all the players, and that they just love playin for him... wait, did i just say that, oops.

jacket87

Does anyone know the schedule for the tourney? I know who gets what seed is not final yet, but I was just wondering as to which seeds play at what times and on what days.

Mark Few's pupil

I will post it tomorrow after I get it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas