• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville Bearcat Basketball

Started by bearcat1983, October 28, 2005, 04:59:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Quote from: gpirate81 on November 17, 2005, 05:57:53 pm
Does April still play for the girls? She use to be pretty good at basketball when we went to elementary school together. Come to think about it she was probably better than me.

Yes.  She missed most of last season but is back for her senior year.

mANSgRAD

booneville will always have a bad basketball team because their too much of a football school is not very good at a total athetics program

The Recruiter

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 15, 2005, 10:02:20 pm
Lady Cats beat Dover tonight 43 to 39. Great all around effort. Now 2-1.

Bearcats lost on a 25-foot bank shot with 4 seconds left, 44-43. Give the Dover player all the credit tho. Bearcats now 1-1.

Dardanelle is next, a week from today.

Let us know how the Dardanelle games turn out.

Nash Fan

The Recruiter

It must not have turned out to good, nobody wants to tell us anything.

1-Adam-12

Sorry, got in late after game, no time to get online.

The girls lost 48-44, Booneville did not shoot well.  A good try, but it was just not meant to be for the Lady Cats.

The boys lost 74-59.  The effort was there but with only seven players we got a bit outmanned.  But I overheard the Dardanelle coach say during a time out "They're not gonna quit", and that was true.  That's a good tribute for what Coach Goers has done for this team.

Mena is up next at the Mena Classic.

The Recruiter

Thanks for the info Adam, 59 is not a bad number to put up with 7 players.

rattler06

The Battle of Highway 10-- Magazine @ Booneville on December 6th-- can't wait

bearcatfan_07

just so everyone knows when the girls played dardenalle april hurt her knee again like last year and wasnt in the game the last 5 min no she aint the whole team but shes the heart and we did good idk what is wrong with her for sure but its not good she may not be back this year

The Recruiter

I hope her knee is alright, and she can be playing again soon.

Dunker

Good luck to April, hope she recovers quickly.

1-Adam-12

Just to update:

Both teams lost to Mena last night, but we got a sweep at Union Christian tonight (Boys 57-50, Girls 46-32).  AP did not play in either girls game.

Tough assignment Thursday.  We play Greenwood at Mena tourney.

b-ball fan

I hope April recovers really soon...good luck cats

Nash Fan

I hope M.J. comes out of retirement again for Booneville's sake.  Greenwood is good.
Greenwood  78
Booneville    35

dirtybirdfan20

What is Booneville's record? girls n boys..

1-Adam-12

December 01, 2005, 09:51:24 pm #65 Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:59:18 pm by 1-Adam-12
Scores from Mena tonight:

GW 69 Booneville 39 boys (was 36-28 at half)
GW 67 Booneville 39 girls.

Greenwood is good.  Their girls came right out and shot lights out.  Their boys struggled for a half but clamped down on defense the rest of the game.  Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the season.

Quote from: dirtybirdfan20 on November 30, 2005, 09:28:32 pm
What is Booneville's record? girls n boys..

For the records, see below.

T-Wacker

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 01, 2005, 09:51:24 pm
Quote from: inyourface on November 30, 2005, 02:21:34 pm
I hope M.J. comes out of retirement again for Booneville's sake. Greenwood is good.
Greenwood 78
Booneville 35

Get your score right...

GW 69 Booneville 39 boys (was 36-28 at half)
GW 67 Booneville 39 girls.

I agree, Greenwood is good. Their girls came right out and shot lights out. Their boys struggled for a half but clamped down on defense the rest of the game. Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the season.

What was the deal with the girls substitute coach refusing to play anyone other than the top 7 players? He left most of the starters in the whole game. I felt bad for the girls on the bench, apparently, there is no lead or deficit that will permit them to get into the game.

wonderboys

Well good luck Tuesday Booneville Bearcats. Then we will see you here in Danville on Friday.

b-ball fan

yes good luck to all involved...play safe

rattler06

Quote from: wonderboys on December 02, 2005, 09:43:42 am
Well good luck Tuesday Booneville Bearcats. Then we will see you here in Danville on Friday.

hopefully magazine AND danville beat'em...

slow_pimpin_21

Quote from: rattler06 on December 04, 2005, 05:12:39 pm
Quote from: wonderboys on December 02, 2005, 09:43:42 am

hopefully magazine AND danville beat'em...

magazine boys and danville boys and girls will prolly win.. but idk about the magazine girls..

Bling Bling

b-ball fan

don't get too excited...the road to victory will be long

wonderboys

Nash Fan

I am very interested in this Magazine Boonevillle game. i'm gonna go out on a limb and say .......
booneville  46
magazine   42

rattler06

Quote from: inyourface on December 05, 2005, 12:04:15 pm
I am very interested in this Magazine Boonevillle game. i'm gonna go out on a limb and say .......
booneville 46
magazine 42

go figure... danville roots against us... BUT ya... the "Battle of Hwy 10" use to be a big rivalry back in the day... starting to become one again... GO RATTLERS!

b-ball fan

1-Adam-12

Booneville got the sweep over the Rattlers (44-35 G and 55-49 B). Now it's on to Danville.

Nash Fan

Quote from: inyourface on December 05, 2005, 12:04:15 pm
booneville 46
magazine 42

Pretty good guess don't ya think?

b-ball fan

not bad...I hate how when you predict a score the team you pick to lose takes it personal...I think the fact that it was very close to true just shows no hate...just playing the statistics 8)

wonderboys

1-Adam-12

Got our hats handed to us tonight by Danville.  Girls had a bad 1st quarter, played well rest of way, lost 63-52.  (Lisa Beck scored 20 against her old team.)

Boys did not seem to be in sync and lost 64-44.  We have to bounce right back and play at home tomorrow against Lavaca.

The Recruiter

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 09, 2005, 11:18:35 pm
Got our hats handed to us tonight by Danville. Girls had a bad 1st quarter, played well rest of way, lost 63-52. (Lisa Beck scored 20 against her old team.)

Boys did not seem to be in sync and lost 64-44. We have to bounce right back and play at home tomorrow against Lavaca.

I dont think Lavaca boys are very good. Good Luck

bearcatPG_5

The Recruiter

Quote from: BearcatBasketball on December 10, 2005, 10:54:34 pm
We beat Lavaca 60- 37.

Who does Bonneville play next, is it waldron if so you guys have a good shot at that one.

bearcatPG_5

Yeah we play Waldron Tues. It opens up our conference play.

1-Adam-12

The girls lost 50-39, but the good news is that April is back playing.  That should help.

The Recruiter

Quote from: BearcatBasketball on December 11, 2005, 12:23:08 am
Yeah we play Waldron Tues. It opens up our conference play.

Let us know how it turns out.

1-Adam-12

December 14, 2005, 03:08:32 pm #91 Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 03:25:12 pm by 1-Adam-12
Girls beat Waldron 38-28, boys lost 63-53.  Rebounding a key in both games, I think 6 girls had 5 or more rebounds for the Lady Cats.  Bulldogs dominated the boards in the guys game.

We've got to bring the fan noise AND the basketball noise as well Friday.  Farmington will be in the house at Booneville.

unclevetren

i like it how waldron is always picked for the easy win

1-Adam-12

December 16, 2005, 10:17:15 pm #93 Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 10:24:50 pm by 1-Adam-12
We had Farmington on the run for a while in both games (Lady Cats led most of 1st half, and Bearcats were up by 6 at the break)  but the Cards and Lady Cards prevail:  42-27 girls and 69-52 boys.

Ryan Dennis had 32 points and 16 boards.

Boys get Subi at home next Tues.  Girls don't play till the 28th when they get Lavaca at the Paris tourney.

Waddl3

wow dennis had 32? that's pretty good

MUZZY

Looks like the new Booneville coach is turning things around in cat town.

Waddl3

waddle_10

they surprised me when waldron played them

Waddl3

yeah they are alot better but during crunch time they still played like booneville

Bearcat Hottie

What was the deal with the girls substitute coach refusing to play anyone other than the top 7 players? He left most of the starters in the whole game. I felt bad for the girls on the bench, apparently, there is no lead or deficit that will permit them to get into the game.
from T-wacker

he didnt play the top 7 players my sister got to play #34 and im not saying shes not good but all im saying is that he played ppl he thought would score points in the game agaisnt the defense!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas