• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle Sr. Boys

Started by ballamane55, October 24, 2005, 05:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballamane55

How good do u think they will be this year? And do u think them being the most deep team in the conference will help?

wonderboys

They looked very promising this summer at ball camp. I think that the new coach can do a lot of things with them. I know that some people think that they need a dominant post player to win something big, and I can't really dispute that with anything other than the fact that they have some good size they just don't put it inside. But I think they will give a good run this year. With the conference they are in they will have to play really well though.

ballamane55

i agree with u wonderboy and think they will really contend for the conference championship this year and also they got some bigs this year inside but people know lil about them. Thats what i mean that there deep bench will go along ways when conference starts. Malachi Reeves could become a special player inside if he puts his mind into it and he will compliment dardanelle's great shooters around the perimeter.

blade22

I've heard talk about Dardanelle having a deep bench. According to ballamane55 they have over 15 people that can play. I beleive that them numbers will go down atleast to 10 if not lower. I think if coach Thurman is smart he will play a 5 man rotation. Some people may not believe in a rotation like that b/c they think you should leave a couple of yours stars on the floor at all time. I think that if you have a 5 man rotation then you can use 2 of your best scorers on differant teams. This can help them stay fresh and have no lay offs on defense or offense. I think Dardanelle should contend for a conference championship. Good luck to Dardanelle and the rest of the teams this year. This should be a fun year in 5AAA!!

ballamane55

I think Dardanelle will play danville this year in the yell county tournament championship like every year so colonelreb what are u talkin about?

athletic supporter

Quote from: ColonelReb on November 04, 2005, 11:13:14 am
too bad they wont play danville this year because they wanna be cowards and not come to play in the yell county tourny

Dardanelle isn't going to play in the county tourney? Is that what you're telling us? I guess if they thought they could get better by playing in it they would.

SandLizard04

Not being in the YCT? What in the heck.

athletic supporter

Quote from: SL04™ on November 05, 2005, 09:44:26 pm
Not being in the YCT? What in the heck.

SL04, Dardaneele didn't play in the YCT when Brown was the coach. He always played in a bigger tourney to get his teams ready for state. I mean what do you get out of beating Ola, WYC, Fourche Valley, Plainview, and Danville? I'm sure Coach Thurman would rather play better competition to get the Lizards ready for conference play also.

SandLizard04

Nash Fan

Youthguy, Dardanelle is not the same as they were when you were there.  And Brown is no longer the coach.  If I am not mistaken they did beat Danville in the finals last year but didn't even make the finals the year before.  Ola beat them 20, and then d-ville beat Ola 40 in the finals.  They are rumored to not be coming to the YCT because Western Yell is hosting it and there gym seats @ 55 people.  Danville offered to let them use our gym and keep the profit.  They said no and everything else is pending. 

ballamane55

Playing in the YCT is a tradition for Dardanelle and i dont see how they wont be playing in it esp. since they are the YCT champs so u know they want to get a 2 peat.

athletic supporter

Quote from: inyourface on November 06, 2005, 04:31:59 pm
Youthguy, Dardanelle is not the same as they were when you were there. And Brown is no longer the coach. If I am not mistaken they did beat Danville in the finals last year but didn't even make the finals the year before. Ola beat them 20, and then d-ville beat Ola 40 in the finals. They are rumored to not be coming to the YCT because Western Yell is hosting it and there gym seats @ 55 people. Danville offered to let them use our gym and keep the profit. They said no and everything else is pending.

I know it's not the same as when I was there. I was just giving a possible explanation as to why they might not be playing in it. I think Dardanelle would be playing some pretty good teams in the YCT if they played.

Mark Few's pupil

I think that the Yell County Tournament and the Pope County Tournament should be combined to make a bigger tournament atmosphere and rotate where you play it with the only possibilities being Dover, Pottsville, Atkins, Dardanelle, Ola and Danville.  It would be better for the players, coaches and all involved.

wonderboys

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on November 07, 2005, 11:36:49 am
I think that the Yell County Tournament and the Pope County Tournament should be combined to make a bigger tournament atmosphere and rotate where you play it with the only possibilities being Dover, Pottsville, Atkins, Dardanelle, Ola and Danville. It would be better for the players, coaches and all involved.

So you would just leave Russellville out of the mix? I mean, that would be fair to everyone except them. Maybe not cause they would win, but because they wouldn't stand to gain much from winning and would have everything to lose by losing.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on November 07, 2005, 11:36:49 am
I think that the Yell County Tournament and the Pope County Tournament should be combined to make a bigger tournament atmosphere and rotate where you play it with the only possibilities being Dover, Pottsville, Atkins, Dardanelle, Ola and Danville. It would be better for the players, coaches and all involved.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Are you going to suggest this to Sorrels or someone else with the authority to recommend it to the administrators?

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: wonderboys on November 07, 2005, 11:44:19 am
So you would just leave Russellville out of the mix? I mean, that would be fair to everyone except them. Maybe not cause they would win, but because they wouldn't stand to gain much from winning and would have everything to lose by losing.

They are invited but every year they decline.  I think it would be a win-win situation for all involved if the Cyclones can't get in a tournament that week.

Quote from: youthguy on November 07, 2005, 11:44:48 am
Sounds like a good idea to me. Are you going to suggest this to Sorrels or someone else with the authority to recommend it to the administrators?

I think the big wigs involved would never go for it.  I think a few coaches are getting tired of the Pope County tournament and it may disband before too long.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Coach Sorrels is a legend on November 07, 2005, 11:52:10 am
Quote from: wonderboys on November 07, 2005, 11:44:19 am

They are invited but every year they decline. I think it would be a win-win situation for all involved if the Cyclones can't get in a tournament that week.

Russellville playing in the PCT is almost like the Razorbacks playing ASU or UALR. Why play in the county tourney and take a chance of losing to somebody you probably shouldn't lose to?

b-ball fan

I think the yct is on the fringe of breaking up

athletic supporter

Quote from: b-ball fan on November 07, 2005, 12:06:26 pm
I think the yct is on the fringe of breaking up

I guess they could start a River Valley Invitational.

Nash Fan

Combining the YCT and the PCT has been talked about for the last couple of years.  Pope doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm Yell does about it.  Don't think it will happen, but I would like it.

Coltrane

The only problem with that is that Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville, and Atkins are all in the same conference. 

b-ball fan

will they be after we re-align

athletic supporter

Quote from: b-ball fan on November 07, 2005, 12:47:29 pm
will they be after we re-align

no. Dardanelle and Dover move to AAAA while Atkins and Pottsville stay AAA.

FOOTBALL TIGER

YCT will be a joke if they hold it a WYC there will not be room for Dardanelle or Danville teams alone. The YCT should be moved to a larger facility.

b-ball fan

that's what I'm Screamin...HOLLA

athletic supporter

Quote from: b-ball fan on November 07, 2005, 01:30:24 pm
that's what I'm Screamin...HOLLA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Is that what you mean by holla?......lol

wonderboys

b-ball fan

no your gettin it...very good

Nash Fan

ballamane55

How do u think the Dardanelle Sr. Boys will do against Paris next tuesday in the season opener?

Nash Fan

Quote from: ballamane55 on November 08, 2005, 08:43:20 am
How do u think the Dardanelle Sr. Boys will do against Paris next tuesday in the season opener?

Paris sucks.  Dadanelle will win easily.

ballamane55

How much do u think Dardanelle will win by in the opener or what is ur predicted score?

b-ball fan

wonderboys

ballamane55

Who do u think will be the leading scorers for Dardanelle against Paris and who might suprise you comin off the bench?

Nash Fan

Is CJ Chaten playing?  He is the best player......period.  He needs to get right though.  That other kid is a really good shooter as well.  Both of them will average close to 18-20

b-ball fan

I hope they don't have the same issues as with football

ColonelReb

ballamane55

CJ and Matt haney only get to play if the football team loses to PB Dollarway friday night aslong with other football players coming. I think they are holding practice that weekend if they lose and they should be able to play by tuesday against paris.

b-ball fan

wonderboys

Well isn't CJ off of the team now? Won't he just go to basketball?

b-ball fan

Coltrane

Quote from: wonderboys on November 10, 2005, 09:09:31 am
Well isn't CJ off of the team now? Won't he just go to basketball?
He can't enter the gym until football season is over.  Don't ask me why; I don't know. 

b-ball fan

athletic supporter

That is a rule now at Dardanelle. It is also a rule at Atkins. It discourages kids from quitting a sport just because they don't get what they want. They can't participate in another sport until that season is over.

b-ball fan

what about ppl who never go out for more than 1 sport?...they can still be in the gym right?

Nash Fan

Yes dummy.  Danville has had the same rule in the past.

athletic supporter

Quote from: inyourface on November 10, 2005, 02:20:23 pm
Yes dummy. Danville has had the same rule in the past.

Did we just agree on something?.lol
BTW, can you call the mafia off?

ballamane55

Sources have said that cj has been practicing every day after the team oriented practice with coach thurman and he has been goin to the park. Talkin to him he has said that he is ready for bball and is ready to prove himself that he is not a trouble maker. He knows he has made a mistake and he is ready to look past that and move on into gettin a conference champioship at dardanelle.

Nash Fan

Good luck C.J.  I think your a good one.
Danville Mafia, give youthguy a break.  He's alright with me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas