• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What everybody is afraid to say.....

Started by Air Force One, December 03, 2016, 08:32:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Air Force One

Monta`Thomas is a great player(football,basketball,baseball and track) if he would have stayed at Hermitage those 16 or 17 guys would have made the playoffs, if he would have been a Warren they would have won a state championship last year and talk about 3 peat this year, to make a story short, any school he would have gone, he can make a difference for the best, case and point Cam Newton at Auburn, no way they play for a National Championship if he was not on the team. Now the decision to leave Hermitage and go to Hampton right before school start crippled Hermitage High, means no Friday night games, 8-2A minus a home game, Coach Ellis might not took the head coach job at Hermitage and the list go on...That decision cause a rift between family and friends, I don`t agree with the timing of making that decision, but this is what we got to look at, this is a young man that just love to play sports, not a problem child, always have a kind word for everybody, all I hope he have the grades to go to the other level, he will make somebody a fine college player, let us not dwell on the bad decisions that have been made, but let us support him and the other guys like him.

AirWarren

He has my support. I've never blamed him from possibly not getting to play his senior year at Hermitage. I hate it for coach Ellis. Coach Ellis is a Warren guy, he brother in law is one of my good friends, and coach Ellis was a great coach in Warren.

The kid needed a team to get a chance to play at the collegiate level. Can you blame him? If I had a kid in that situation you better believe I would have scrambled to get him on a team.

The whole issue here was that he transferred to a rival, he transferred from a team that NEEDED him and the other Hermitage kids in order to field a team and he probably let some close friends and family down in Hermitage. If anyone doesn't think that was rough on him then you're dead wrong.

As far as Hampton, people in that town knew the young talent that they had with this 10th grade class. Combine that with Hegler transferring back to Hampton from Watson chapel and you got the perfect storm. Hampton has also experienced a huge loss with a coach, a coach that became ill, and the death of a child from their community. Things that are much bigger than football. Things that added fuel to a flame that has just exploded. People have doubted them. People have laughed at them. They would win by 28 points one week then people would continue to get on here and say "next week you are going to get beat down". All of which turned into a state title trip next week.

Kudos to the Hampton Bulldogs. Kudos to Hampton, AR. AND best of luck to Monte Thomas this week and in his endeavors. He is a Bradley county boy and we in Warren wish him all the best.

ChickenHawk

What were the bad decisions that are being dwelled upon? Just curious.

Backwoods Bart

Great athlete's will always aspire for something better. Glad for him and his family, and wish him nothing but the best going forward. 

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 04, 2016, 12:53:41 pm

Great athlete's will always aspire for something better. Glad for him and his family, and wish him nothing but the best going forward.
True & thanks..

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: ChickenHawk on December 03, 2016, 11:08:03 pm
What were the bad decisions that are being dwelled upon? Just curious.
There were none, just people speaking upon something they have no clue about.

bobthebuilder

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: bobthebuilder on December 04, 2016, 05:52:33 pm
What 16 or 17?
I was wondering the same. I've learned to ignore misleading information.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on December 04, 2016, 06:29:04 pm
I was wondering the same. I've learned to ignore misleading information.

Yea...I'm getting pretty good at it too

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas