• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG vs Mt. Ida

Started by Hornet4ever, November 25, 2016, 11:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BO_KNOWS

I might be wrong but I've heard HG had some kids kicked off for acts I'm not going to mention. But when playoffs start their coach let them rejoin the team. Yes that coach can do whatever he wants but with off the field problems will never get it done on the field! I say grove loses this game to a focused Ida bunch!

joekidd

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on November 29, 2016, 11:19:10 am
I might be wrong but I've heard HG had some kids kicked off for acts I'm not going to mention. But when playoffs start their coach let them rejoin the team. Yes that coach can do whatever he wants but with off the field problems will never get it done on the field! I say grove loses this game to a focused Ida bunch!

You are flat out wrong.  As a matter of fact, I don't understand why you would come on a public message board and accuse someone of something with no facts to back any of it up.  The roster for HG is the exact same as it was week one (with the exception of a few 9th graders being added).  As a matter of fact 2 of those 9th graders were dismissed for missing a practice.  One of whom scored a touchdown in all 3 games he played in Sr. High.  He is one of the best 9th graders to come through HG and he is sitting in the stands watching for missing practice.  You need to make sure your facts are accurate before posting false accusations about a coach and his staff.  Talking trash is one thing, but making unfounded accusations is pathetic. 

As for the game, Mt. Ida has the experience on their side and HG has making history on theirs.  This is the first team for HG to advance to the semis.  This group is eager to carry on their historic season.  On the other hand, Mt. Ida is here often and has experience to rely on.  I feel both teams will be ready to play and the game could come down to a simple mistake.  Good luck to both teams.  Hoping for safe travels and an injury free game for all involved. 

BO_KNOWS

I'm not bringing any facts to this message board.

joekidd

Then why bring it up?  You made a thread at 8:00 ish that HG would beat Mt. Ida.  Now it's "the coaches are letting kids back on for the playoffs and they lose to a focused Ida" or something to that effect.  I'm glad you are not posting any "facts" that you may have.  Your information is wrong.  HG has played with the same kids all year, and nobody other than the recent ninth graders have been dismissed for anything.  That is a fact!

Delta_Bravo

Gotta support the 8! Hornets by 6. Good luck to yall and stay healthy I hope to see ya at WMS.

Sideline crew

35-28 Mount Ida headed to get a 💍

sickwillie

Uhh oh Bo, you made him mad.

davecw

This should be a great game. I've said this from the beginning of the year that HG has the talent to beat anyone. They have more talent than a HG team has had in a long time. Hopefully, they will go and take care of business and advance. I know Mt. Ida will be tough and their experience is valuable. I really think that HG wants it in a bad way. 

M.I. D

Quote from: davecw on November 29, 2016, 03:30:54 pm
This should be a great game. I've said this from the beginning of the year that HG has the talent to beat anyone. They have more talent than a HG team has had in a long time. Hopefully, they will go and take care of business and advance. I know Mt. Ida will be tough and their experience is valuable. I really think that HG wants it in a bad way. 

I assure you Mount Ida wants to win as bad as anyone walking. If ya don't play your hind end off and want it bad in the semi finals you better get your pulse checked.

HG Hornet

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on November 29, 2016, 11:19:10 am
Sorry Bo, but you don't know on this one.  Biggest bunch of hogwash I've ever heard about our kids and coaches.  Glad Joe Kidd set things right.  And Joe's 100% right about the freshman being dismissed.  He could have helped us, but now he's b-ballin.  I expect him to be a playmaker next year when he matures up some and gets his priorities straight.  CHG coaches would never allow trouble makers back on the team after dismissing them during the regular season.  Fact is, no one was dismissed during the season and no one joined for our playoff run except for some freshmen after they finished playing junior high ball.  We have no off-the-field problems.  We're focused and we'll be ready.  Looking forward to a great game.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on November 29, 2016, 12:07:19 pm
go sit in the corner and think about what you have done, 🤔

razorcardsfan11

How big is mount ida's stadium? Trying to figure out what time to leave camden

dawgpride_wegotit

Pulling for HG to get another WIN. Those DOGS would really love to meet up again at WMS!

M.I. D

Visitor side bleachers probably 8-12 rows from 40 to 40 is my guess. Lots of room for lawn chairs on nort end of bleachers and you can stand on the fence. We don't have a track so the fence isn't too far off the field.

bdubyab60

My hope is that one of these teams spoils the winner of the other semifinals season at WMS. No one giving either one of these teams much of a shot.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 29, 2016, 10:53:47 pm
My hope is that one of these teams spoils the winner of the other semifinals season at WMS. No one giving either one of these teams much of a shot.
Someone has to face Goliath in Little Rock.  The winner between Mt. Ida and Harmony Grove will have "the best" chance of any other team in the state to beat the winner of the Hampton/England game in Little Rock.  I, personally, would rather be in the position of the underdog. 

M.I. D

Whoever wins this one will most likely be a underdog in Little Rock.

bdubyab60

There is no most likely. It's a sure thing. There would have to something happen for either of these teams to be favored.

But it would please me to see one of these teams pull the upset.

FilmCrew

Blah Blah Blah.... Heard all of this before....

No one could beat Bearden in 07'...... I think they had a sign in the end zone that read "next stop jewelry shop"

Then.... The game was played and they went home with a second place trophy for their efforts.

They were bigger, faster, stronger.... We had no business being on the field with them.

bdubyab60

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 30, 2016, 11:20:58 am
Blah Blah Blah.... Heard all of this before....

No one could beat Bearden in 07'...... I think they had a sign in the end zone that read "next stop jewelry shop"

Then.... The game was played and they went home with a second place trophy for their efforts.

They were bigger, faster, stronger.... We had no business being on the field with them.
Thats what I'm hoping for

smackdat014

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on November 29, 2016, 12:07:19 pm

You have no facts. Everything you mentioned is false.

Hgalum50

Quote from: smackdat014 on November 30, 2016, 11:42:20 am

You have no facts. Everything you mentioned is false.
I knew you would comment about that lol

Sideline crew

Mount Ida will go to state and play England

GrindTime

I see CHG coming out of this game with a W

The Bear

I know nothing about CHG not even going to act like I do . What I do know is mount ida has two large running backs that do not go down easy , a good line at times and a tight end they have been missing all year who can make a big play when needed but also is an excellent blocker . They also have a QB who is young and early in the season played young but has really matured in the past 3 weeks and is a very good QB  that is very athletic with a good arm and more importantly can run the veer to perfection.
  Defensively they have had problems in the secondary but most mount ida teams do just because they don't see it much during conference. Either way there secondary has even improved much in the past few weeks. They have a few good linebackers who read the line well, and a Defensive end that will absolutely lay a hit on anyone at anytime . The secondary against Danville held them much better then anyone expected so maybe there finally clicking there. That's what I do know and I guess I will find out what CHG has Friday night . Should be a good game and wish CHG safe travels to the Den!

HG Hornet

Thank you Bear.  We're looking forward to the trip and are bringing a crowd.  Should be an exciting game.

Sideline crew

Alright lets get a prediction going! predict your score !!! I predict Mount Ida comes out on top and win 35-28 over CHG

Hgalum50

dawgpound

Bigditchlion

Lionbro20

RowdyReputation40

Got some friends from the Grove. Rooting for the Hornets in this one.
CHG 29
My Ida 28

Old Scrapper

Respectable prediction! 👍

Dr. Defense

If I wasn't going to Hampton I'd be at this one. Should be a dandy

Sideline crew

CHG YALL BETTER WATCH OUT FOR #1 He's Mount Idas stud coming back from a devastating injury

M.I. D

Quote from: Sideline crew on December 02, 2016, 08:22:48 am
CHG YALL BETTER WATCH OUT FOR #1 He's Mount Idas stud coming back from a devastating injury

Were glad to get him back !!!! Not many kids with his ability in AA ball. Its should make a huge impact on the game.

LBC

ThreadWatcher

I can't wait to see #1 in action tonight. He will be all over the place, I'm sure!
Praying for safe travel to all fans, family, and friends to and from the game tonight. Should be one heck of a game.

M.I. D

Quote from: LBC on December 02, 2016, 10:28:17 am
What does he play?

WR he's our version of Randy Moss. When yall get to see him warm up your gonna be like.... oh no !!!!

The Bear

#1 just got the clearing to play . We had been waiting for this all year long . It's time to watch this kid work !

LBC

December 02, 2016, 11:28:56 am #90 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:30:49 am by LBC
A 130 lb Freshman???  Why do I have the feeling that this is a ruse.

Sideline crew

He's gained about 30 pounds due to his injury and freshman? No he's a sophomore! Cant wait to see him with his 4.5 speed

Sideline crew

#14 and #1 are the perfect connection kinda like #10 and #5 last year

ThreadWatcher

December 02, 2016, 11:46:44 am #93 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:53:09 am by ThreadWatcher
Talk about yards per game! Next couple of years are going to be good.

M.I. D

Everyone from CHG have a safe trip. If I was yall I would park by True Value or close to there. Theres more parking on that side or park at the High School.

Cheek

Quote from: M.I. D on December 02, 2016, 12:25:15 pm
Everyone from CHG have a safe trip. If I was yall I would park by True Value or close to there. Theres more parking on that side or park at the High School.

It is a walk no matter where you park.  Be careful and don't fall in the creek.

M.I. D

Quote from: Cheek on December 02, 2016, 12:34:25 pm
It is a walk no matter where you park.  Be careful and don't fall in the creek.

Ya if ya want to have a short walk be there by 6:15 or so. Outta be a good atmosphere.

Cheek

Quote from: M.I. D on December 02, 2016, 12:36:45 pm

Ya if ya want to have a short walk be there by 6:15 or so. Outta be a good atmosphere.

We have never played in Mt Ida, but I love the stadium.  It is in a hole and I could imagine it gets very loud.   I am in  Mt. Ida  some during the year, and it is a very nice little town.   

M.I. D

Quote from: Cheek on December 02, 2016, 12:47:50 pm
We have never played in Mt Ida, but I love the stadium.  It is in a hole and I could imagine it gets very loud.   I am in  Mt. Ida  some during the year, and it is a very nice little town.   

It can get loud. Your down under a hill and close to a creek. People here are nice for the most part but they love their Mount Ida Football. Its well supported and something this town is proud of.

Bigditchlion

Good luck Ida!! Purple lions are rooting for yall

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas