• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG vs Mt. Ida

Started by Hornet4ever, November 25, 2016, 11:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Markadomous

Go Camden H.G. Coming from a Prescott fan. When we played y'all earlier in the year in non-conference I really liked the athletes y'all put on the field. I'm not surprised at all that y'all are in the semis. Good Luck

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 02, 2016, 05:20:17 pm
Livestream ?

I dont believe either team does a live stream do they?

Hgalum50

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 02, 2016, 05:26:12 pm
I dont believe either team does a live stream do they?
HG doesnt just radio.

M.I. D

Ustream mount Ida football

razorcardsfan11

HorseFeathers

HG Hornet

December 03, 2016, 01:07:34 am #107 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:16:53 am by CHG Hornet
Mt. Ida 33 - CHG 20.  Just got home from the game.  Let me first say congratulations to a very well coached and disciplined Mt. Ida Lions team.  If anyone would have told me that Mt. Ida would stuff both of CHG's running backs, #5 AND #3, I would have said they were crazy.  Also, no one who knew mentioned on here that our starting senior QB #11 was very doubtful to play because of a bad ankle sprain suffered last week against Cross County, and he was only able to go a few plays on defense tonight because of it.  We also had another starting senior #54 who was unable to play tonight because of a concussion and another senior #8 who left during the game with a concussion and did not return.  We had yet another senior #1 make a tackle in the corner of the south end zone and slid into the concrete sidewalk and cracked his helmet!  Not making excuses for the loss, just stating facts.

I thought our sophomore QB #10 did a really nice job tonight and had 3 TD passes if I'm remembering correctly.  CHG senior WR #7 had a big game tonight.  Our sophomore WR #25 played hard, got injured in the 3rd quarter and had to be helped off the field and couldn't put any weight on his foot, then returned and made some more nice catches.  He left it all on the field tonight, as did most of our kids. 

Our seniors played hard through this playoff run and we would have never made it this far without them.  We'll definitely miss them next year.  CHG fans really turned out too and we packed the visitors side of the field, pretty much like we always do.

I had predicted a clean game and it was except for one play, and our player got ejected for it.  100% correct call.  I was very impressed with everyone at Mt. Ida tonight.  Nice folks and good kids.  Hate that it has to end for us, but that's the game of football.  Good luck to the Lions next week..........and I'm predicting another CHG run in the playoffs next year.  We'll be stingin em again come next September! 

Thanks for a great season CHG Hornets!

M.I. D

Congrats to CHG for making it to the semi's. Your kids played hard and are well coached. Maybe we will meet again in the future.

davecw

This was definitely a great high school football game that I was glad to attend. Mt. Ida is extremely solid and very disciplined. The way that they stuffed our runs was absolutely amazing. That was probably the thing that hurt us the most on offense. Fortunately we were able to pass on them. I had hoped in the 2nd half that we would completely abandon the run simply because it was netting nothing at all. I know that is extreme but the run was not working at all. It was nice to see a team that still runs more of an old school offense and using it well.
Also, it was probably the best officiated game that I have watched all season.

Congrats, Mt. Ida. You beat a tough Hornet team.

Congrats, HG. You guys had a history-making season and we are very proud.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas