• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG vs Mt. Ida

Started by Hornet4ever, November 25, 2016, 11:11:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Mt. Ida took care of business and won a thriller over Danville tonight. CHG looked to have Cross County under control, but then ended up in a nail biter? Who wins this, and why? I'll take CHG in a close one.

M.I. D

I haven't come down from our team beating Danville in a thriller yet. Its at Mount Ida. All ill say now is Mount Ida is playing their best at the right time and improving every week.

dawgpound

I'm going with a all 8-2a championship game

Hgalum50

We won and im happy but it should have been worse im saying this from a winning stand point and this is pointing at just cross county but the state of Arkansas high school refs are just terrible! Im just now trying to get over the nail biter! Lets go Hornets! #RoadToThaRock

Jaybo

Mt. Ida in a close one. Can't root against 2A-7 conference mates. Ida is playing their best football right now and just finds a way to win.

couch-coach06

Although I would love for Ida to win ... I think it's a tough matchup for them .. there 1 loss was to Dierks and CHG passing game is about 10 times better than Dierks ... But either way go mount Ida go 7 2a

playmaker04

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 25, 2016, 11:39:11 pm
We won and im happy but it should have been worse im saying this from a winning stand point and this is pointing at just cross county but the state of Arkansas high school refs are just terrible! Im just now trying to get over the nail biter! Lets go Hornets! #RoadToThaRock
should have been worse? Come on man. Your news guy in the press box said CHG is notorious for costly penalties. The refs for playoffs are assigned by AAA. These 3 playoff games I've seen some of the best officiating I've seen in years. Of course they are going to miss a couple. As a matter of fact the pass to the sideline where the kid ran it to the 6 and CHG kicked the fg before half there were 2 blocks in the back that wasnt called on one play. Cross County doesn't quit. Just be happy your playing another game.

monster_island

I guess that the MI-CHG game doesn't rate a sticky on top.

sickwillie

I'll take CHG in this one. The 8!

HG Hornet

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 26, 2016, 07:37:29 am
should have been worse? Come on man. Your news guy in the press box said CHG is notorious for costly penalties. The refs for playoffs are assigned by AAA. These 3 playoff games I've seen some of the best officiating I've seen in years. Of course they are going to miss a couple. As a matter of fact the pass to the sideline where the kid ran it to the 6 and CHG kicked the fg before half there were 2 blocks in the back that wasnt called on one play. Cross County doesn't quit. Just be happy your playing another game.
You are correct on the block in the back.  I was standing right there and I couldn't believe the refs missed it.  Also, not to add salt to the wound, but we all thought that was gonna be a fake FG.  We haven't kicked a true 3 point field goal at Harmony Grove since we had a German foreign exchange student kicking soccer style over 10 years ago.  I heard our kicker could make them, but we haven't tried one all year.  He's a very humble kid.  Proud for him.

The refs blew some calls on both sides, but I chalk that up to human error.  Nobody's perfect.  I did hear from our players that the refs didn't like some of the mouthing that was going on (mostly by our players) and our kids felt like they were being flagged for not shutting up.  I know for a fact that our head coach told the entire team at halftime to shut their mouths and play football. 

We also had a former player who gave quite an inspirational speech at halftime about not quitting and not slacking off.  He was on the CHG team that blew a 27-0 lead at Rivercrest a few years back.  Cross County made a fantastic comeback and we almost blew it again, but the younger brother of that former player who addressed the team is who scored both touchdowns in the 4th quarter for us. 

What a game!  All I can say is again, I was very impressed with the entire Cross County nation including the positive posters on FF.  You won't catch me blaming the refs for last night; Cross County outplayed us after getting off to a terrible start and couldn't overcome it.  We made two fantastic plays to score late and I thought the stop we made on 4th and 2 with under a minute to go was just as important as the score.  Y'all have a good team up there.  #1 and #3 played hard and big ole #32 was just a Goliath out there. 

Hgalum50

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 26, 2016, 07:37:29 am
They are but i was talking about the spotting of the ball was God awful and i wasnt talking about just against us against yall too!

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 26, 2016, 11:33:42 am
You are correct on the block in the back.  I was standing right there and I couldn't believe the refs missed it.  Also, not to add salt to the wound, but we all thought that was gonna be a fake FG.  We haven't kicked a true 3 point field goal at Harmony Grove since we had a German foreign exchange student kicking soccer style over 10 years ago.  I heard our kicker could make them, but we haven't tried one all year.  He's a very humble kid.  Proud for him.

The refs blew some calls on both sides, but I chalk that up to human error.  Nobody's perfect.  I did hear from our players that the refs didn't like some of the mouthing that was going on (mostly by our players) and our kids felt like they were being flagged for not shutting up.  I know for a fact that our head coach told the entire team at halftime to shut their mouths and play football. 

We also had a former player who gave quite an inspirational speech at halftime about not quitting and not slacking off.  He was on the CHG team that blew a 27-0 lead at Rivercrest a few years back.  Cross County made a fantastic comeback and we almost blew it again, but the younger brother of that former player who addressed the team is who scored both touchdowns in the 4th quarter for us. 

What a game!  All I can say is again, I was very impressed with the entire Cross County nation including the positive posters on FF.  You won't catch me blaming the refs for last night; Cross County outplayed us after getting off to a terrible start and couldn't overcome it.  We made two fantastic plays to score late and I thought the stop we made on 4th and 2 with under a minute to go was just as important as the score.  Y'all have a good team up there.  #1 and #3 played hard and big ole #32 was just a Goliath out there.

Come on guys. This thread is titled CHG vs. Mt. Ida for a reason. But, if y'all still want to reminisce about past performances or bad officiating then that is your right. I mean, how does a soccer style kicking, foreign exchange student from Germany (from 10 years ago) make it in this thread?
I can assure you, Mt. Ida is already preparing for their next opponent. Enough said. Good luck to both teams!

playmaker04

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 26, 2016, 11:33:42 am

We had some issues with mouthing early in the year. It's a discipline thing. It drives coaches nuts. I'm not crazy about the AAA rules about going on the field after the game. And some of the other rules. And the main reason is because it is not enforced. Depends on which crew you have. We love to go greet our players on the field after the game. I noticed CHG had a sign hanging up that the cheerleaders did that said something like "tell your gfs you will be free next Friday". Myself I have no issue with it. It's all part of the spirit and competiveness of the game. But the issue is according to the rules set forth by AAA it's not allowed in state or regional play. So none of our fans did anything like that for fear of getting in trouble. That's where if your going to have special rules for playoffs then they need to be enforced. Myself believe their stupid but if there a rule then crews need to be on same page

HG Hornet

November 26, 2016, 01:11:52 pm #13 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:19:59 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: ThreadWatcher on November 26, 2016, 12:57:39 pm
Come on guys. This thread is titled CHG vs. Mt. Ida for a reason. But, if y'all still want to reminisce about past performances or bad officiating then that is your right. I mean, how does a soccer style kicking, foreign exchange student from Germany (from 10 years ago) make it in this thread?
I can assure you, Mt. Ida is already preparing for their next opponent. Enough said. Good luck to both teams!
Seriously?  Threadwatcher, you act like I posted something critical or derogatory.  What I posted makes it in here because this is America and I have the right to post what I want.  What I posted was related to a previous post on this thread and the point I was trying to make was we haven't kicked a field goal in several years until last night.  Trying to give credit to our present kicker, a very good kid, and our past kicker, a kid from another country, at the same time.

CHG will be ready, too, and if you don't want to read what someone else posts, then don't read it or skim over it and go on.  No need to be critical of someone's views. 

And thanks for the "good luck."  I wish both teams a clean game with no injuries and whoever wins between CHG and Mt. Ida will have their hands full with the winner of Hampton and England.  I think we all know that.

I know some of the CHG kids and Mt. Ida kids met and became friends at the UCA camp back in June.  It is my understanding that they have wished each other luck each week in the hopes of playing each other in the playoffs and here it comes......

HG Hornet

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 26, 2016, 01:08:40 pm
We had some issues with mouthing early in the year. It's a discipline thing. It drives coaches nuts. I'm not crazy about the AAA rules about going on the field after the game. And some of the other rules. And the main reason is because it is not enforced. Depends on which crew you have. We love to go greet our players on the field after the game. I noticed CHG had a sign hanging up that the cheerleaders did that said something like "tell your gfs you will be free next Friday". Myself I have no issue with it. It's all part of the spirit and competiveness of the game. But the issue is according to the rules set forth by AAA it's not allowed in state or regional play. So none of our fans did anything like that for fear of getting in trouble. That's where if your going to have special rules for playoffs then they need to be enforced. Myself believe their stupid but if there a rule then crews need to be on same page
I was standing beside the CHG High School Principal and he stopped the girls and asked them what was on the sign.  He said that it couldn't be anything unsportsmanlike.  We also have fatheads of our players on sticks that we were told we could not bring to playoff games. 

Lions84

Old Scrapper

I'm going with Mt Ida by a couple scores

big E

Mt.Ida just lines up and runs the ball down your throat nothing fancy . What I seen of the passing game looked good last night. Put you to sleep with the dive and slip that  tight end past your backers.

tacklethis...

Quote from: big E on November 26, 2016, 03:50:24 pm
Mt.Ida just lines up and runs the ball down your throat nothing fancy . What I seen of the passing game looked good last night. Put you to sleep with the dive and slip that  tight end past your backers.

And this team is by far slower overall than last years team.

BO_KNOWS

Grove has a good run defense
Mt ida lost to a passing team against dierks
I'll go Grove 34 ida 23

razorcardsfan11

I think harmony grove pulls out another close one to make it a rematch with Hampton in the championship game

big E

That #12 is not a turtle by know means.

tacklethis...

Quote from: big E on November 27, 2016, 05:08:32 am
That #12 is not a turtle by know means.

No, but overall they are no where near last years team. Last years team could break big plays this years team doesn't do that as much...

Hgalum50

HG wins by 5 in another close one! We could say the same for Mt. Ida and all the other teams in it but HG is thirsty for it we have never been this far and watching them I think they find a way to win! I pray for a good week of practice and a great game filled with good sportsmanship and the love of the game! Go Hornets! #RoadToThaRock

BlueNGold52

Mt Ida does nothing fancy they are gonna line up and run straight at you with 2 big backs they are content with 3.5yds a carry and 7-8min drives to control the clock. If the O-line continues to play like they have in the last 2 games and they play turnover free the Lions should win this game. But if they fumble like they are prone to then its anybodys game. They know spread teams are gonna score if they have the ball. So they just bang away eating clock. Should be an excellent close game.

Ida 35
CHG 28

HG Hornet

I'm fully expecting a close game.  As I've stated before, some of our kids are friends with the Mt. Ida kids and I'm expecting good sportsmanship and clean play.  It will be a good game.

M.I. D

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 27, 2016, 06:34:43 am
No, but overall they are no where near last years team. Last years team could break big plays this years team doesn't do that as much...

The only speed difference from last year till this is last year we had #5 and he ran a legit 4.4-4.5 and #10 wasn't a lot slower. The rest are the same or maybe faster than last year. We have a little speed and several with good football speed but not track stars.

M.I. D

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 27, 2016, 10:43:55 am
I'm fully expecting a close game.  As I've stated before, some of our kids are friends with the Mt. Ida kids and I'm expecting good sportsmanship and clean play.  It will be a good game.

I hope its a clean game with sportsmanship. I have been to every Mount Ida game this year. We haven't had a single fight, scuffle or anything like that. I don't think we have had a single personal foul for anything excessive. Maybe a hit going outta bounds but not many.

tacklethis...

Quote from: M.I. D on November 27, 2016, 11:22:25 am

I hope its a clean game with sportsmanship. I have been to every Mount Ida game this year. We haven't had a single fight, scuffle or anything like that. I don't think we have had a single personal foul for anything excessive. Maybe a hit going outta bounds but not many.

Mt Ida has good kids that are coached well...

Jaybo

mtindian42

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 27, 2016, 10:43:55 am
hey man what do y'all like to do? Run or pass? Who is some of the stand outs for y'all?

HorseFeathers

Anybody have season stats for the running backs from Mt ida.

monster_island

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 27, 2016, 05:09:47 pm
Anybody have season stats for the running backs from Mt ida.
I don't have stats but would say two 1000+yd backs and a 3rd with 700+yds.

BlueNGold52

One back had 270yds the other had around 170 against Conway Christian in the 2nd round.

Dr. Defense

The one 2A team to beat CHG ran the splitback. Mt. Ida runs it a little differently operating the veer/option. I think that is going to be too much for CHG to handle. It should be a good game but I think Mt. Ida wins this one

big E

Come on guys this thread is falling way behind. Already 6 pages on the other side.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: big E on November 28, 2016, 02:16:33 pm
Come on guys this thread is falling way behind. Already 6 pages on the other side.

Just imagine if the england posters weren't in hiding

pine-ryder

M.I. D

Here's how most Mount Ida posters are. Me included. Everything here is speculation or someone trying to stir the pot. I don't see the need especially this late in the season. Both teams have had great seasons. No reason to bad mouth or be disrespectful. Mount Ida is gonna play there game and so is CHG. What we say here has zero affect or impact on the game. There are a few Mount Ida posters that at times stir the pot but lately they have been on good behavior and not posting much. Pick who ya want. It wont matter. The team that plays the best and wants it the most will win and have a shot at a State Championship.

ThreadWatcher

The Bear

Quote from: M.I. D on November 28, 2016, 03:49:57 pm
Here's how most Mount Ida posters are. Me included. Everything here is speculation or someone trying to stir the pot. I don't see the need especially this late in the season. Both teams have had great seasons. No reason to bad mouth or be disrespectful. Mount Ida is gonna play there game and so is CHG. What we say here has zero affect or impact on the game. There are a few Mount Ida posters that at times stir the pot but lately they have been on good behavior and not posting much. Pick who ya want. It wont matter. The team that plays the best and wants it the most will win and have a shot at a State Championship.
I'm with you on this one , including myself I like to stir the pot but one thing about a MI team is they will be respectful and show sportsmanships and so will most fans . I'm looking forward to a great game and picking MI by 6 in a good one !

razorcardsfan11

Will this game be live streamed anywhere?

Hgalum50

Quote from: M.I. D on November 28, 2016, 03:49:57 pm
+1 Why be disrespectful to an opponent that has clearly earned the position they are in like with Hector posters on here especially wildcatalumni I had major respect fot them and their sportsmanship!

M.I. D

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2016, 05:53:13 pm
Will this game be live streamed anywhere?

Look up Mount Ida Football on ustream. I believe that's it. Someone else can give you the address but I very rarely miss a game so I'm not 100% sure.

monster_island

From calpreps:

Harmony Grove (Camden, AR) at Mount Ida (AR)   [projection: Harmony Grove (Camden, AR) 28-26]

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 28, 2016, 05:55:41 pm
+1 Why be disrespectful to an opponent that has clearly earned the position they are in like with Hector posters on here especially wildcatalumni I had major respect fot them and their sportsmanship!
Thank you sir! Same to you and CHG Hornet!

Hornet4ever

This one should be a good one.

stuck in between

Nothing more than my opinion, but I think CHG wins this one. I am a fellow 7-2A member and I guess it's like rooting for the SEC you are just suppose to cheer on your conference mate once you have been eliminated. Truth is though prior to this year I had spent the last eight supporting the Hornets. I watched these young men from the time they were 3rd graders in pee wee up until last year and like most other parents knew there was something special about them and have been waiting to see if they would meet the expectations that we all had for them. I do wish we could've stuck around a couple of more years to have experienced this first hand. Good luck to both teams! 

Bigditchlion

Should be a good game. I'm pulling for Mt ida from our old basketball conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas