• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong to merger with Hermitage??

Started by Ric Flair Wooooooo, November 22, 2016, 10:06:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ric Flair Wooooooo

Rumour been going on for a couple years now.. heard they the grapevine that it could happen 17-18.. have anybody else heard anything??

HorseFeathers

Probably be good for both schools? But would el Dorado and/or crossett be willing to let it happen?

Wildman5

Wildcatalumni21

Lionbro20

baseball13

Backwoods Bart

flawlessthoughts

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: baseball13 on November 22, 2016, 02:38:24 pm
Y would Hampton be upset?
It's a joke buddy, poking fun at all the consolidation comments of Hampton and Hermitage

Dayton Kitchens

Doesn't the distance between them as well as crossing county lines (IIRC against state law without waivers) make that problematical at best?

Also wouldn't they have to get the permission basically from El Dorado to do so?

dawgpound

Be a long bus ride unless they built a new school at Moro bay

bigworm

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: dawgpound on November 22, 2016, 05:53:55 pm
Be a long bus ride unless they built a new school at Moro bay
As long as the ride from Johnsville.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on November 22, 2016, 05:06:38 pm
Doesn't the distance between them as well as crossing county lines (IIRC against state law without waivers) make that problematical at best?

Also wouldn't they have to get the permission basically from El Dorado to do so?
Arkansas Board of Education over rules all districts decisions. Hughes, which is in St. Francis County wanted to merge with Forrest City, also in St.Francis. Board of Education wouldn't allow it, made them Merge with West Memphis in Crittenden County, 27 miles away.

AirWarren

Why in the world would they merge with any of these schools mentioned when Warren is 12 miles up the road?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2016, 07:59:54 pm
Why in the world would they merge with any of these schools mentioned when Warren is 12 miles up the road?

same reason Norphlet agreed to be annexed into arch rival Smackover when El Dorado was about the same distance the other direction.

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on November 22, 2016, 08:13:58 pm
same reason Norphlet agreed to be annexed into arch rival Smackover when El Dorado was about the same distance the other direction.

And what is the rationale?

Wonderdog

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2016, 09:03:06 pm
And what is the rationale?
To be able to keep both schools open. Smackover-Norphlet, Emerson-Taylor-Bradley. Instead of surrendering their school to then have to become a lumberjack or wildcat (ED)

BO_KNOWS

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 22, 2016, 01:50:50 pm
Boy Hampton is gonna be upset  :o

Since y'all live up there and don't know what has gone on around here in the past 15 years Hampton has lost good football players to hermitage , weather it be their parents moved over there  or the kid had to move in with a aunt and uncle that lived there.

dawgpound

In 1999 there was several off my team that left and went over there

green-eagle

Strong best choice will be to join El Dorado.... El dorado is large enough to absorb the student body and the money/teacher issues....hermitage, PC and Crossett is not...

Crossett is getting a new school but its will not be large enough to absorb that much student body...the Crossett's area is experiencing a reduction of population and the new school was redesign to reflect that reduction so that the necessary Millage increase would pass.....

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: green-eagle on November 23, 2016, 09:41:22 am
Strong best choice will be to join El Dorado...
''

Having been at Strong a couple of years I think I can safely say this is far and away the most UNPOPULAR option.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: dawgpound on November 23, 2016, 09:21:24 am
In 1999 there was several off my team that left and went over there
Like who?

dawgpound

flawlessthoughts

AA Insider

Timothy baltch, Chad Williams and twello brown in the mid to late 2000s also. It's been going on for years

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AA Insider on November 23, 2016, 10:28:51 pm
Timothy baltch, Chad Williams and twello brown in the mid to late 2000s also. It's been going on for years
Chad didn't move to play football his family moved & still lives in Hermitage. Hermitage is home to Twello Brown also but he transferred to play sports with his family then moved back. I'd agree with you on Balch. Then again if I remember correctly he got into some trouble at Hampton & was forced to transfer very young. Nah, I think that was his brother so their mom sent all of them to Hermitage. Anyway, Balch played Jr & Sr high ball at Hermitage. If he played a down in Hampton it was pee wee ball. But yes he his mom & brothers still lived in Hampton.

AA Insider

Yes you are right about all that but my point was kids have moved back and forth between the 2 schools for years

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AA Insider on November 24, 2016, 09:00:22 am
Yes you are right about all that but my point was kids have moved back and forth between the 2 schools for years
True.. I remember a few leaving Hermitage to play basketball in Hampton. Never heard anything about any of the past transfers. This Monta situation left a lot of us stunned. The fact that Hermitage would want to ruin his career & Hamptons season opened eyes. It's playing out well for Hampton & the transfers though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas