• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farm Bureau Insurance awards

Started by Fanatic, November 21, 2016, 03:28:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanatic

As we all know the annual farm bureau awards are coming up. who do yall think should win offense player of the year, defense player of the year, and coach of the year?

playmaker04

Between Brazeal and Thomas on offense. Old softball teammate England coach Terry Farmer. No idea on defense.

Wildman5

Defense: zach white and Logan church of Hector both had very good year

sickwillie

Heglar from Hampton has had a good year defensively

Hgalum50

Gannon Bearden of HG or Kentrell Hill

WPWells

The title of this thread was NOT "Who Has Had a Good Year For Your Team"? It was asking who will win the Farm Bureau awards. There's a huge difference...

Hgalum50

Quote from: Fred Bird on November 22, 2016, 04:47:24 pm
The title of this thread was NOT "Who Has Had a Good Year For Your Team"? It was asking who will win the Farm Bureau awards. There's a huge difference...
They had great years man just tbh!

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: Fred Bird on November 22, 2016, 04:47:24 pm
Why don't you do us one of those probability models?

WPWells

The ones who make fun of statistics are the ones who are self-conscious because they don't understand them.

switch hitting tackle

November 22, 2016, 07:33:56 pm #9 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:01:03 pm by switch hitting tackle
Quote from: Fred Bird on November 22, 2016, 07:30:18 pm
The ones who make fun of statistics are the ones who are self-conscious because they don't understand them.
Dude I have an Engineering Degree. I have read more statistics on statistics than most have ever seen. The problem with statistics on Sports, they never take into account factors that will skew the data, one the weather, two, humans.

WPWells

All models are wrong. Some models are useful.

Hatchet

Kaylob Boykin Cross County heck of a player.

The Bear

Mike White has got to be the front runner for coach of the year , a class with only 3  seniors in what most people thought would be a down year from last years run and he has taken them to the semi finals .

dawgpound

Coach Ables at Hampton from not having enough to field a team last year to the semifinals so far this year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 28, 2016, 06:58:25 pm
Coach Ables at Hampton from not having enough to field a team last year to the semifinals so far this year

IF, he would have done this WITHOUT the "move ins",  hes for sure the one. But.....

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: dawgpound on November 28, 2016, 06:58:25 pm

Ables has to win this award.  Take a look at this program's history.  Mike White (Mt Ida) & Farmer(England) have to be in the discussion BUT they have established programs.  Just my opinion that Ables wins this hands-down.  Forget all the "move-ins" talk.  AAA has rules and these moves were obviously in accordance with those rules.  Different discussion.

THA TRUTH

Those hermits are the only reason Hampton is relevant... it has nothing to do with coaching

dawgpound

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 29, 2016, 11:53:45 am
Those hermits are the only reason Hampton is relevant... it has nothing to do with coaching
guess that's why the jr high went undefeated last year to why don't you just go away

sickwillie

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 29, 2016, 11:53:45 am

You're not a smart fella, are you?

THA TRUTH

So what saved Hampton against grove was it coaching or hurst monta... it's ok I'll wait for an honest answer but also let's not forget the showdown with PC... if Jackson did that alone then Hampton will get ran off the field

dawgpound

Ables musta took your lunch money as a kid you sure have a lot against him

THA TRUTH

sickwillie

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 29, 2016, 01:36:28 pm
So what saved Hampton against grove was it coaching or hurst monta... it's ok I'll wait for an honest answer but also let's not forget the showdown with PC... if Jackson did that alone then Hampton will get ran off the field

Honestly? Monta played a great game and the defense adjusted well in the second half of the HG game, BUT the players had heavy hearts and had something more to play for that week.

THA TRUTH

This is true but he let the leash off of monta and quit holding him back

sickwillie

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 29, 2016, 02:11:57 pm
This is true but he let the leash off of monta and quit holding him back

And the same thing will happen Friday.

Lionbro20

Friday he releases the leash only to be caught by Englands D

THA TRUTH

AS he should've cause ables doesn't deserve anything

dawgpound

THA TRUTH

ables is nothing but the name that's under the head coach line... his move ins are the only ones that deserve credit

razorcardsfan11

It was coaching. Wasn't good coaching by Hampton that won the game more like terrible coaching by HG that lost them the game.

bulldawg2016

What saved Hampton at the grove was the Defense and rylan Turner's 3 INT'S and shutting 25 down the hole second half!

STUNNA

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on November 30, 2016, 04:27:19 pm
What saved Hampton at the grove was the Defense and rylan Turner's 3 INT'S and shutting 25 down the hole second half!
*whole

Dr. Defense

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on November 30, 2016, 04:27:19 pm
No, it was Monta running and throwing all over the field. But the interceptions didn't hurt. Who made the decision to play the corner that was being torched? Horrible decision..

THA TRUTH

Bigditchlion

England's coach farmer! Built a machine for the lions. Not a one hit wonder. He is repeating success year after year. Just my 2 cents

Dr. Defense

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2016, 08:20:23 am
Let me guess.... Ables??

Well depending on who you ask....The Hampton faithful say yes....but flawless thoughts says Monta Thomas should be coach of the year

bobthebuilder

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 29, 2016, 08:55:06 pm
ables is nothing but the name that's under the head coach line... his move ins are the only ones that deserve credit
So these same 3 kids go from a 3 and 6 record to a 4 and 5 record to a currently undefeated record with no other adjustments?  Doesn't make sense.

THA TRUTH

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 01, 2016, 08:42:38 am
Well depending on who you ask....The Hampton faithful say yes....but flawless thoughts says Monta Thomas should be coach of the year
No, but if he had been at safety those passes would have been intercepted.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on December 01, 2016, 05:20:49 pm
No, but if he had been at safety those passes would have been intercepted.

Yea yea yea.....id say it's worked out for them so far

HG Hornet

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 29, 2016, 09:44:45 pm
It was coaching. Wasn't good coaching by Hampton that won the game more like terrible coaching by HG that lost them the game.
I would disagree with that.  What many people don't know is that HG was running the ball well and the plan was to eat up clock in the second half and keep the ball out of Hampton's playmakers' hands, BUT our running back sprained his ankle early in the third quarter and we went back to the passing game, which was working early on.  Hampton made some adjustments and their DB made two very nice interceptions in the second half. 

It was a good game, but HG got away from their gameplan and allowed Monta to "do his thing" and the Bulldogs came back and won. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: unbiased_fan on November 29, 2016, 06:01:57 pm
HG Coach was voted coach of the year in the 8
Well, that's nice.  Coach Chambers is a good coach.  He makes his kids act right in the classroom and sets high expectations on the field.  I, personally, think a lot of him. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas