• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville vs Mt. Ida

Started by Allen T, November 19, 2016, 12:46:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

Yes, Mikey does!   Good coach and guy.

Old Scrapper

M.I. D

Good lord what a football game. Both teams literally played their hearts out and left it all on the field. Mount Ida found a way to win. Danville has nothing to hang their heads about. #15 is a good one. I hope all of Montgomery County is in Mount Ida next Friday night to support our Lions. They showed a tremendous will to win tonight.

Yellowcake

Shows what I know.....
Congrats to Mt. Ida!

DanvilleFan

Quote from: M.I. D on November 25, 2016, 10:53:36 pm
Good lord what a football game. Both teams literally played their hearts out and left it all on the field. Mount Ida found a way to win. Danville has nothing to hang their heads about. #15 is a good one. I hope all of Montgomery County is in Mount Ida next Friday night to support our Lions. They showed a tremendous will to win tonight.
Agreed great game, good luck next week. Proud of our team, could've went either way!

monster_island

Amazing game. Two great teams. Met some old friends from Danville. Great time had by all. Danville fans are a class act.

Allen T

Was an incredible game. Really thought coming into the game Danville had the edge with their quarterback. Not to proud to admit I was wrong. The Lions have several huge linemen and use that size to pound and pound. If you have a team with size like that you can keep a good passing team like the one you'll face next week off the field. This is where the Lions can win the game. Being from Danville, it's hard to accept a lose like last nights. Both teams wanted this game really bad and Mt. Ida just made more plays then the Little Johns did. Also, throwing two intersection in the red zone and missing a very makeable field goal did not help. You give a good team like Mt. Ida gifts like that you won't win. Gotta say this tho, the Little Johns had an incredible season. And it will only get better. We loose our Senior QB but gain another who is just as experienced. Maybe not quite as fast but a better passer. Also have all those 10th graders which made up so much of this years team. The future looks bright for Danville. You boys won conf. and should next years as well. And hopefully, will advance and make another title run to WMS. Don't hang your head guys. The best is yet to come. Good luck Mt. Ida next week. You and your fans are a class act.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on November 26, 2016, 08:03:28 pm
Was an incredible game. Really thought coming into the game Danville had the edge with their quarterback. Not to proud to admit I was wrong. The Lions have several huge linemen and use that size to pound and pound. If you have a team with size like that you can keep a good passing team like the one you'll face next week off the field. This is where the Lions can win the game. Being from Danville, it's hard to accept a lose like last nights. Both teams wanted this game really bad and Mt. Ida just made more plays then the Little Johns did. Also, throwing two intersection in the red zone and missing a very makeable field goal did not help. You give a good team like Mt. Ida gifts like that you won't win. Gotta say this tho, the Little Johns had an incredible season. And it will only get better. We loose our Senior QB but gain another who is just as experienced. Maybe not quite as fast but a better passer. Also have all those 10th graders which made up so much of this years team. The future looks bright for Danville. You boys won conf. and should next years as well. And hopefully, will advance and make another title run to WMS. Don't hang your head guys. The best is yet to come. Good luck Mt. Ida next week. You and your fans are a class act.

I beg to differ on that conference title, see you next year. ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 26, 2016, 08:50:54 pm
I beg to differ on that conference title, see you next year. ;)

You picking magazine to rise from the ashes and dominate the 4 too?

seeya

Quote from: Allen T on November 26, 2016, 08:03:28 pm
Agreed with most of your  comments , it was a good hard fought game . Danville  made some mistakes that you can't make with a team like Mt Ida . Especially when you're outmatched in several areas . But to say the Quarterback next year is just as experienced . Don't forget the two conference championships #15 has helped this team win and started three years . And last year in 3A , where we had a tough fought battle every Friday night. So too say just as experienced and not quite as fast ???  I wouldn't go that far ... I wouldn't chalk up a conference championship next year either.  Hackett  may have other plans. Danvilles  team this year was not as good as last year's, and don't think next year's will be as good as this year . Just my opinion!  But you lose several big lineman, running back / linebacker, quarterback / linebacker, and a very good kicker who has made a big difference this year . But maybe I'm wrong , I just see alot of talent leaving ...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 26, 2016, 09:35:07 pm
You picking magazine to rise from the ashes and dominate the 4 too?

Magazine will be better next year, no dominating though.

DanvilleFan

You don't replace a Jake Madding whether you're a 2A school or 7A school, this kid was a player on both sides.  No doubt will we lose some super kids like Maddin and Thurman and some great lineman.  Jake has played on a moderate ACL tear since the Dardanelle scrimmage game...if he's 100%, and we don't lose Cathey #11 and our Mike backer #43 who knows how good we would be. Harper #67 tried to play with a torn hip flexor too.  No doubt these kids are tough I hope we can stay healthy next season. I know many are already talking Hackett and Mount Ida next year but we will be in the mix I promise.  We played with  a couple sophomores too this year!  The same sophomores that ended Mt Ida's win streak at Mt. Ida last year.  I think we'll be ok :)

Allen T

Some great points guys. Will just have to wait and see what the Little Johns will have next year. And Hornet, gotta say that you are a true blue Hackett fan. That's what I like about you. You believe in your team. Look forward to our game next year. Got to sign off now since football is over with. Great season Danville. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and God Bless.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on November 27, 2016, 04:42:42 pm
Some great points guys. Will just have to wait and see what the Little Johns will have next year. And Hornet, gotta say that you are a true blue Hackett fan. That's what I like about you. You believe in your team. Look forward to our game next year. Got to sign off now since football is over with. Great season Danville. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and God Bless.

Love them Hornets, next year should be fun. See you then!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas