• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville vs Mt. Ida

Started by Allen T, November 19, 2016, 12:46:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen T

Who wins this game. Danville has speed. From what I understand about Mt. Ida is that they have some as well plus a huge line. Don't know much about Ida except that each years they usually have a well coached team. Danville has a very quick team. Madden is a work horse who is all over the field. The Little Johns also have several players who can run and catch the ball well plus a pretty good line as well. What will it come down too? These two teams have had some great games in the past. I expect nothing less this time around.

BlueNGold52

Calpreps:
Danville 28
Mount Ida 27

I feel this says it all its anybodys game. I figure whoever has the fewest mistakes wins this game. Ida played well last night with only a few mistakes and few penalties. This is always a good game and could go either way. I believe in the past few yrs when these 2 teams have met its been tough for both teams and should be an excellent game this week!! I believe the majority of the players in this game have experienced 2 ties against each other over the last few yrs so its anybodys game just who wants it more!!

Hornet4ever

Whoever can slow down whoevers running game. Toss up game.

M.I. D

November 19, 2016, 04:35:09 pm #3 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:37:07 pm by M.I. D
These two know each other well from playing non conference the past 2 years. Mount Ida played their most complete game this week and will need that again against the little johns.

The Bear

Should be a great match up can't wait to watch it !

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a classic tight game

DanvilleFan

Could be the earliest ending to any game this week! Clock not gonna stop very much with these 2

The Bear

tacklethis...

Quote from: M.I. D on November 19, 2016, 04:35:09 pm
These two know each other well from playing non conference the past 2 years. Mount Ida played their most complete game this week and will need that again against the little johns.

Who won this match up when these kids were 9th graders? Not that it matters for this game but the two towns have had a heated Jr. High rivalry...

Lions65

Ended in a tie when they were in 8th grade and Danville won in double or triple overtime when they were 9th graders.  Until this season only tie and loss ever for the sophomore group ever in their football careers since 3rd grade

BlueNGold52

The only real edge I can see for either team is Danville has a little more speed and alot more Srs. The Ida team only has 2 Srs. who have seen significant time this year but they got their big Sr tightend back last week who had been out all yr. But Danvilles speed could give the Lions fits around the edges! Should be a great game!!

dawgpound

I'm going with Danville in this one 40-32

Hornet4ever

This game can go one of two ways. Danville slows down Mt. Ida's running offense, and has success on offense to carry them to a win. Or it could go vice versa, neither team throws much. Could be a fast paced shootout. I might go to this game.

M.I. D

I like the crickets on this one. Maybe a little tension. I think Mount Ida can get the W if they are focused and play with very few mistakes.

DanvilleFan

Oh believe me this town is excited for Friday night! Hadn't seen this many businesses decorated in years.  We expect a battle till the end and an awesome atmosphere! These kids were out in a downpour today with pads on going full speed.

DanvilleFan

Quote from: M.I. D on November 22, 2016, 11:19:01 am
I like the crickets on this one. Maybe a little tension. I think Mount Ida can get the W if they are focused and play with very few mistakes.
I don't think you'll see much smack talk.....Both teams respect each other we've been in this battle before.  Mt. Ida is solid and a very formidable opponent. 

M.I. D

Quote from: DanvilleFan on November 22, 2016, 03:49:00 pm
I don't think you'll see much smack talk.....Both teams respect each other we've been in this battle before.  Mt. Ida is solid and a very formidable opponent. 

agreed. both solid programs with respect for the other.

Allen T

Great to read a post that shows respect for both teams. Not "My quarterback is sssssooooooo much better then yours" or "my quarterback is the best in 2A or the state". Really....I wonder sometimes if some of the young kids making these comments even follow their team year in and year out or if they just jump on the band wagon when they start to win games. Maybe they just get caught up in the excitement that their team is winning for a change. I don't know. The only thing some of those post accomplish is that they make  for some "interesting" reading and several good laughs. I will not boast but will say good luck to the Little Johns this Friday night.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Allen T on November 22, 2016, 07:30:14 pm
Great to read a post that shows respect for both teams. Not "My quarterback is sssssooooooo much better then yours" or "my quarterback is the best in 2A or the state". Really....I wonder sometimes if some of the young kids making these comments even follow their team year in and year out or if they just jump on the band wagon when they start to win games. Maybe they just get caught up in the excitement that their team is winning for a change. I don't know. The only thing some of those post accomplish is that they make  for some "interesting" reading and several good laughs. I will not boast but will say good luck to the Little Johns this Friday night.

Mark Martin once said when asked why he didnt do burnouts after a victory like the young drivers, "Act like you've been there before".

Some of these posters dont know how to handle success....

Old Scrapper

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 23, 2016, 06:47:56 am
Mark Martin once said when asked why he didnt do burnouts after a victory like the young drivers, "Act like you've been there before".

Some of these posters dont know how to handle success....
+1

Yellowcake

Danville will thump Mt. Ida by double digits.

Mark it down.

Old Scrapper

Someone is stirring the 💩pot huh?

Ventman

I think this will be a great game. I will give the edge to the home team in this one by a slight margin. Good luck to both teams, the winner of this game will be playing at WMS.

dawgpound

Naw the winner will be getting beat by CHG next week

Hornet4ever

Ventman

I think these two teams maybe getting over looked. I heard ittold that the LittleJohns are for real. Time won't be much longer and we will know.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on November 24, 2016, 09:11:00 am
I think these two teams maybe getting over looked. I heard ittold that the LittleJohns are for real. Time won't be much longer and we will know.

They aren't bad

Hgalum50

Yellowcake

Danville will be in WMS. They won't even really be challenged until then.

It's just the way it is. This little ole team from Yell County has been overlooked. They are good. Very, very good.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2016, 10:38:18 pm

It's just the way it is. This little ole team from Yell County has been overlooked. They are good. Very, very good.

They are fairly salty. I was impressed week 7, QB is a stud for sure.

PrivateLesson

November 25, 2016, 02:30:42 am #30 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:12:31 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: Yellowcake on November 23, 2016, 09:11:49 pm
Danville will thump Mt. Ida by double digits.

Mark it down.
Mikey himself will score a TD before allowing double digits....he was a great player himself back in the day.   Mt Ida is no stranger to the playoffs.   

Danville's last State Title was in around 1980, I think.   Both have had good seasons this year and last. 

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 25, 2016, 02:30:42 am
Mikey himself will score a TD before allowing double digits....he was a great player himself back in the day.   Mt Ida is no stranger to the playoffs.   

Danville's last State Title was in around 1980, I think.   Both have had good seasons this year and last.
Thay's right.  They have lost 2 since, Harding Academy and Magazine.

M.I. D

My favorite part of going to Danville is watching some good football but a close 2nd is some good food at that little Mexican restaurant. I think all of us know what our team needs to do to win. Outta be a good one.

dc3

Quote from: DanvilleFan on November 22, 2016, 03:44:39 pm
Oh believe me this town is excited for Friday night! Hadn't seen this many businesses decorated in years.  We expect a battle till the end and an awesome atmosphere! These kids were out in a downpour today with pads on going full speed.

The cheerleaders and softball team did a great job "painting the town green"

RiverEagle079

Hornet4ever

Tough interception for Danville

Hornet4ever

Believe right now is only the second time all season Danville is trailing in a game.

bdubyab60

Looks like I should have drive across the state to this one

ThreadWatcher

M.I. D

Ida 21 Danville 7 4:53 to go in 3

thebigguy

Hoping someone can post individual scoring plays or maybe some team or ind. stats???

Hornet4ever

Lions65

Mount Ida wins 28-27 in overtime slobber knocker to the end

beach bum

Quote from: Lions65 on November 25, 2016, 09:32:01 pm
Mount Ida wins 28-27 in overtime slobber knocker to the end

Danville go for 2 or miss the PAT?

Wildcatalumni21

Jaybo

Congrats to both teams on a heck of a game. Great season by Danville. Keep it going Mt. Ida!! 2A 7 conference still rooting for you guys!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: Jaybo on November 25, 2016, 09:33:54 pm
Congrats to both teams on a heck of a game. Great season by Danville. Keep it going Mt. Ida!! 2A 7 conference still rooting for you guys!!

+1!

Jaybo that tipped pass makes me want to throw up all over again...

beach bum

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 25, 2016, 09:33:17 pm
PAT was blocked

Wow, what a play by Mt Ida and a heartbreaker for Danville.

PrivateLesson

Congrats Mt Ida!!!!!    Tough game

hog_wild7777777

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 24, 2016, 10:38:18 pm

Well looks like you will be eating crow..... Never over look Mt. Ida, Mike White always has his boys ready. Keep rolling Mt. Ida

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas