• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HG vs. Cross County

Started by Hgalum50, November 19, 2016, 12:01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Harmony Grove
22 (62.9%)
Cross County
13 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 25, 2016, 12:20:24 pm

bdubyab60

Against a familiar opponent they had already beaten before. 3 turnovers isn't good, Salem gave it back just as much and I don't think turning it over 3 times against CHG would fair well against them.

bdubyab60

And of the 4 loses for CHG 3 of them are still in the playoffs and 34-1 combined record and I think all 3 are ranked in at least the top 4 of 3A and 2A. One of their losses was to Rison and they just beat the team that ran them out of the playoffs.

Legendhogan51

I agree three turnovers was not good but even with the turnovers our defense shut them down just 7 points But we got to stop giving them the ball if we won't too win good luck t-birds and idk if it's going too happen but I hope Earle and cross county wins good luck 2A 3 I would be cool too see Earle in little rock

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 23, 2016, 02:22:35 pm
Cc played really good In round two but if we played like we did in round 1 we will loose
No doubt, but it's more like if they play the whole game like they did the first 3 quarter's, they will lose. They were asleep most of the game and finally woke up.

Cross County  has one of the toughest lines, offence and especially defence, in 2A. They aren't  a team with one or two standouts and then go down hill fast after that. They Individually aren't the best, but together they are tough. In my opinion, the best team we have fielded in many years. I had much rather have this team of decent 20 than 2 or 3 really good players Together the T- birds make an excellent team. Something I noticed at the very beginning of the season, when these kids didn't even have a coach.

Legendhogan51

I agree we got to play the whole game like there is no tomorrow our defense got to show up to play if we do we win if not hopefully our offense can run right over and score just enough

elvis26

;D bert is a real good coach for the t-birds!!!!!!!!! his dad was a long time coach of the trumann wildcats!!!! bert was also a quarterback when he played for his dad at trumann. bert also played on the basketball team at trumann that won the state title in 1988, go t-birds!!!!

switch hitting tackle

November 25, 2016, 09:10:00 am #56 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:14:26 am by switch hitting tackle
You fellas from down thar in da pine thicket, have a safe trip up. Y'all know anythang bout gumbo mud?

HG Hornet

Thanks.  We are getting ready to head North.  You Yankees get ready cause we're comin!  "Thar goes the neighborhood."  :)

switch hitting tackle

November 25, 2016, 09:38:41 am #58 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:40:54 am by switch hitting tackle
Pack a few cold turkey sandwiches or stop on the way, there is no place to eat around here. Well, except for maybe a few tough chicken gizzards left over from breakfast at the corner store. You could plug a tire with them.

playmaker04

The Nest will be open after the game.small place but good food. Try their smoke link with slaw on a bun. Its great. They make burgers,fries,fish,chicken strips,shrimp. They also make really good fried pies. Best thing to do is call in your order before game ends. 870-318-1341. Right beside dollar general.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 25, 2016, 09:49:54 am
The Nest will be open after the game.small place but good food. Try their smoke link with slaw on a bun. Its great. They make burgers,fries,fish,chicken strips,shrimp. They also make really good fried pies. Best thing to do is call in your order before game ends. 870-318-1341. Right beside dollar general.
Pretty good fish too.

playmaker04

Leaders

Passing
CC Thomas 5'11 155 Sr.  70-144-1066-11-7
CHG Whitley 5'11 165 Sr. 59-143-1190-17-8

Rushing
CC Henderson 6'1 235 So. 272-1251- 4.6- 13
CC K. Boykin. 5'11 180 Jr. 143-834- 5.8- 11
CHG Hicks 5'2 130 Jr.  129-963-7.5- 8
CHG Whitley 5'11 165 Sr. 113-655- 5.8- 5
CHG Garcia 5'9 175 Jr.  55-355- 6.5- 7

Receiving
CC M. Boykin 5'11 170 Sr. 24-449- 18.7- 3
CC K. Boykin  5'11 180 Jr. 20-293- 14.7- 3
CC Jones 6'0 165 Sr.  13- 110- 8.5- 3
CHG Hill  6'2  180 So. 25-596- 23.8-10
CHG Garcia 5'9 175 Jr. 20-220-11.0-6
CHG Vaughn 6'1 175 Sr. 11-243-22.1-3

Tackles
CC K. Boykin 5'11 180 Jr. 105
CC Van Houten 5'9 180 Jr. 61
CHG Bearden 6'0 205 So. 108
CHG Garcia 5'9 175 Jr. 83
Sacks
CC Van Houten 5'9 180 Jr.  7
CC Scott 5'9 165 Sr.  3
CC Bly 5'9 165 So.  2
CC Shaver 6'2 195 So. 2
CHG Bearden 6'0 205 So. 2
CHG Hicks 5'2 130 Jr. 2
CHG Garrett 5'11 175 So. 2
Interceptions
CC Marquis 5'11 180 Sr. 3
CC Thomas 5'11 155 Sr. 2
CHG Hill 6'2 180 So. 8
CHG Whitley 5'11 165 Sr. 2

dawgpound

Get after em grove! Good luck tonight

Hgalum50

Wildcatalumni21

Knew this game wouldn't even be close!!

NEark tigers

CC knew that they had a game tonight?...lol

bdubyab60

I kinda figured it was coming too.. CC has been sloppy out the gates the past few games and they aren't built for comebacks

bdubyab60

Spoke to soon. Turned in to a good one.

Wildcatalumni21

flawlessthoughts

bdubyab60

NEark tigers

AT

So what's happening/been happening here?

smackdat014

Hg went into half 27-8

After half the game was 27-22. Beginning of 4th, then (cc)they got the lead 30-27. Number 5 for hg ran kick off all way back. Made it 33-30 (hg).  Cross county then scored again, then stopped hg. Cc got ball back and Camden hg stopped them with 58 seconds. Hg quarterback was insured, so backup QB (bearden) number 10 was in. Hg ran a hook a ladder and scored first play of that possession. Made score 39-38

Cc got ball back and hg stopped them with an interception with 11 seconds left. Hg ran one 39-38

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: smackdat014 on November 25, 2016, 10:05:45 pm
Hg went into half 27-8

After half the game was 27-22. Beginning of 4th, then (cc)they got the lead 30-27. Number 5 for hg ran kick off all way back. Made it 33-30 (hg).  Cross county then scored again, then stopped hg. Cc got ball back and Camden hg stopped them with 58 seconds. Hg quarterback was insured, so backup QB (bearden) number 10 was in. Hg ran a hook a ladder and scored first play of that possession. Made score 39-38

Cc got ball back and hg stopped them with an interception with 11 seconds left. Hg ran one 39-38
What a rollercoaster ride!!

switch hitting tackle

Congrats on the win HG. It's not easy winning at the Birdhouse.

thabeast428

HG Hornet

Just got home after a long ride back.  I want to say that that was the best finish to a game that I have ever seen.  Emotional roller coaster for sure!  After CHG started out 24-0, I figured we would score in the 40's and coast on in, but Cross County wasn't gonna lay down.  I was very impressed with Cross County and the nice fans I met and spoke with before the game.  Great sportsmanship from all! 

I thought CHG had blown another game after a long road trip, but the Hornets literally found a way to pull this one out after Cross County made a furious second half comeback.  These Hornets are special and they have been since first playing together in 3rd-4th grade peewee for Coach Mark Ward.  Tonight's game was a thriller and I couldn't be more proud of my Hornets, the coaches, cheerleaders, band, staff, and fans.  We drove 3 1/2 hours from Camden to Cherry Valley and had almost as many fans there as the home team. 

Looking forward to round 4 at Mt. Ida next week. 

playmaker04

Congratulations CHG hornet. We haven't kicked a ball deep all year and the one time we do it gets returned for a td.lol. This CC team doesn't lose often. The Sophomore class won the youth league when they were 6th graders over Wynne and we all know how good Wynne is. That's only the 7th loss for this sophomore class since they were 6th graders. Hootens,you can shove your rankings in your ear. CC is a top 10 team.

HG Hornet

Y'all out scored us 30-12 in the second half.  I would say that your guys didn't give up and scared the he11 out of us.  Could have gone either way during that 4 TD 4th quarter. 

rheddhoss

Just want to mention how impressed I was to see the good sportsmanship in the posts on this thread.  I didn't have a dog in this fight, ladies and gentlemen, but the comments I read from both sides were highly encouraging and supportive. Thank you for your courtesies. This is what sports should always be like.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: rheddhoss on November 26, 2016, 11:46:20 am
Just want to mention how impressed I was to see the good sportsmanship in the posts on this thread.  I didn't have a dog in this fight, ladies and gentlemen, but the comments I read from both sides were highly encouraging and supportive. Thank you for your courtesies. This is what sports should always be like.
Not only the fans, I won't mention the one, but the players themselves showed nothing but sportsmanship. Seems ironic but our players stated that none of the Hornets were mouthy, but the refs were extremely mouthy, almost like they were trying to provoke something.

HG Hornet

Quote from: switch hitting tackle on November 26, 2016, 12:03:13 pm
Not only the fans, I won't mention the one, but the players themselves showed nothing but sportsmanship. Seems ironic but our players stated that none of the Hornets were mouthy, but the refs were extremely mouthy, almost like they were trying to provoke something.
Our kids like to talk it up, but not necessarily throw F bombs and spew profanity like a couple of teams we've played.  One of our kids said one of the refs threw a flag on us, then said "I'm tired of all your talking, white" kind of insinuating that he did it to stop the talking and not because of an infraction. 

playmaker04

November 26, 2016, 01:17:19 pm #83 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:20:13 pm by playmaker04
Tell you what happened to us against Marked TREE. #1 for us scooped up a fumble and returned it 97 yards for a td. But when he got to the 40 of MT #6 for us was ten yards behind him and he pointed toward the end zone. Refs threw a flag and called taunting. It is a rule you can't raise your hand or point your finger when running for a score but it's never enforced. How many times have you seen one of your speedsters break one and an offensive lineman raise his hands to celebrate? Thousands. Some refs just want to try and change outcomes of games.

HG Hornet

Yes.  I noticed our #5 did that on the kickoff return at about the 10 yard line.  I think that's just emotion, but if your doing the Deon Sanders Prime Time high step, that's taunting.  I also think some refs are just like regular people.  What offends one, may not offend another.  You may get a Barney Fife ref that wants to flag everything or you may get one who lets them play a little. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas