• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HG vs. Cross County

Started by Hgalum50, November 19, 2016, 12:01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Harmony Grove
22 (62.9%)
Cross County
13 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 25, 2016, 12:20:24 pm

Hgalum50

dawgpound

Hgalum50

HG Hornet

Don't know anything about Cross County except they are good or they wouldn't be hosting a round 3 playoff game.  Let's savor tonight's win and enjoy a week of deer hunting and serious eating!  I've been picking up pecans like a big squirrel and am ready for a pecan pie.........just for me!

CHG coaches will do what needs to be done and we'll see what kind of commitment the Hornets have when they're expected to show up for practice when they're all out of school for the week.  Them boys better be there!

Legendhogan51

Don't overlook us cc is playing really good As long as our defense  keep doing what they're doing I'm going cc 20 HG 12

Hornet4ever

Hgalum50

Nobody is overlooking CC but HG got big momentum so watch out!

Legendhogan51

We do too we beat Salem 26 to 7 Just to remind you Salem beat defending State champs last week we will see good luck too both teams Friday night

Hgalum50

Im just saying Hector is a bigger win tha Salem and Lafayette put together but yes good luck friday night i want another good game no matter the outcome! #GoHornets

Pit Bull

switch hitting tackle

playmaker04

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 19, 2016, 01:50:12 am
Im just saying Hector is a bigger win tha Salem and Lafayette put together but yes good luck friday night i want another good game no matter the outcome! #GoHornets
we can only play who were scheduled to play. That was a big win for y'all. Pretty much everyone had Hector picked. Kinda like most will have CHG picked. Thats fine with CC. We have been looked over all year. Hootens had us 18. Just because we don't put up 50 points a game ig. What Hootens and others don't see is this team only allows 179 yds/g. LC had 158,Salem 104.

Pit Bull

Good Defense will keep you in some tough games...

Hgalum50

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 19, 2016, 12:41:30 pm
we can only play who were scheduled to play. That was a big win for y'all. Pretty much everyone had Hector picked. Kinda like most will have CHG picked. Thats fine with CC. We have been looked over all year. Hootens had us 18. Just because we don't put up 50 points a game ig. What Hootens and others don't see is this team only allows 179 yds/g. LC had 158,Salem 104.
No disrespect to Cross county intended i like what they have done over the years. I love the offense yall run probably my favorite. Its the wing T or something like that right?  CC has well earned there spot in the 3rd round just like HG i expect a very good game.

HorseFeathers

A quick and important question.....will someone be keeping us updated on this game?

Hgalum50

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 20, 2016, 05:37:28 pm
A quick and important question.....will someone be keeping us updated on this game?
I'll see what i can do! Lol

Legendhogan51

I will be there I will keep everything updated

playmaker04

Who posts CHG stats? Only have first 8 games posted on maxpreps. We keep ours on Hudl. Going to try and get coach to post ours to maxpreps next season. Just live comparing stats so if any CHG poster has all 11 game stats hit me up.

playmaker04

Tell you what that Hootens is something else. I'm not saying Cross County is going twin state or even beat CHG but when you are 10-2 on the year with a win over Earle at the Dog pound and they have you 17th in 2A that is ridiculous. What a joke.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2016, 09:12:39 am
Tell you what that Hootens is something else. I'm not saying Cross County is going twin state or even beat CHG but when you are 10-2 on the year with a win over Earle at the Dog pound and they have you 17th in 2A that is ridiculous. What a joke.
With one of those losses to a 4A team with over 50 on their roster.

dawgpound

Got the grove winning this one but think it will be a battle

playmaker04

Stats
Cross County 10-2

Passing yds/g  89.5
Rushing yds/g 232.4
Touchdowns 47
Interceptions 8
Fumbles lost 7

Defensive stats
Sacks 19
Interceptions 9
Fumble rec 21
Total yds/g 179.4
Scoring avg/g 18.3

CHG 7-4

Passing yds/g 120.5
Rushing yds/g 201.5
Touchdowns 46
Interceptions 10
Fumbles lost 12

Defensive stats
Sacks 11
Interceptions 13
Fumbles rec 14
Total yds/g NA
Scoring avg/g 20.0

switch hitting tackle

Hgalum50

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2016, 09:12:39 am
Hootens has always been a joke my 5 year old cousin could rank teams better than them! Cross County i think deserves at least 8 or  9

switch hitting tackle

Hootens is just mad because the T- birds have blown out their predictions all year.

Legendhogan51

There is only 8 teams left if it was me all 8 of them should be in the top 10 and cc  Who already beat Earle we should be 7 or 6 depends on what we do Friday night

Legendhogan51

My top 9
1. England
2. Danville
3. Hampton
4. MT. Ida
5. Des arc
6. Cross county
7. HG
8. Earle
9. Hector

Hgalum50

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 22, 2016, 03:25:06 pm
My top 9
1. England
2. Danville
3. Hampton
4. MT. Ida
5. Des arc
6. Cross county
7. HG
8. Earle
9. Hector
I would switch HG and Mount Ida jus me but i like tha rest

Legendhogan51

Ig I would with Des arc I don't no about Mt Ida but I don't no Mt Ida loss against Dierks 42 to 21 and Earle beat Dierks 28 to 7 but Des arc beat EPC of a score of 12 to 6 and Earle beat EPC 28 to 8  The other way I would put it the top 9 1.  England
2. Danville
3. Hampton
4. HG
5. Cross county
6. Earle
7. Des arc
8. MT Ida
9.  Hector

2aball

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 22, 2016, 04:23:00 pm
Ig I would with Des arc I don't no about Mt Ida but I don't no Mt Ida loss against Dierks 42 to 21 and Earle beat Dierks 28 to 7 but Des arc beat EPC of a score of 12 to 6 and Earle beat EPC 28 to 8  The other way I would put it the top 9 1.  England
2. Danville
3. Hampton
4. HG
5. Cross county
6. Earle
7. Des arc
8. MT Ida
9.  Hector

It's hard to go by comparing scores. You'd also have to throw in that EPC beat CC 36-22, but CC beat Earle 20-14. So score comparing doesn't really do you any good.

Personally, I thought Earle was the best out of Earle, Des Arc, and CC. They had Bohannon playing defense that night and he was a huge difference maker. Not sure why he didn't play defense all year long. He ran everything down and had a huge game defensively. Des Arc was extremely tough too. They had a very good defense. CC is really good too if you can't slow down their run and force them to pass.

Hornet4ever

LaLa land projection, this has been proven to be fairly accurate though this season....

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Harmony Grove (Camden, AR) 34, [2016] Cross County (Cherry Valley, AR) 14

Legendhogan51

Lol Earle defense can't stop no one Murfreesboro scored 43 points on you England going to smack y'all around like Little puppies cc get more of a chance than you ever wish Earle had and if cc still had their star running back he get hurt in the salem game the first game he had over 600 yards rushing in 6 games we would have 3 running backs in 1000 yards  I don't think no one could beat us all the way to Little rock Earle could not stop cc running game all day Earle got tired and worn out y'all just go get ready for basketball season

NEark tigers

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 23, 2016, 12:14:59 am
Lol Earle defense can't stop no one Murfreesboro scored 43 points on you England going to smack y'all around like Little puppies cc get more of a chance than you ever wish Earle had and if cc still had their star running back he get hurt in the salem game the first game he had over 600 yards rushing in 6 games we would have 3 running backs in 1000 yards  I don't think no one could beat us all the way to Little rock Earle could not stop cc running game all day Earle got tired and worn out y'all just go get ready for basketball season
You sound a little disgruntled about the Bulldog Nation....CC BARELY beat the fifth seeded and 3-7 Lafayette County by 4...that's real impressive, and about basketball season: get your tickets in March!

Legendhogan51

Lol Lafayette county was the best fifth seed in 2 A all 7 losses was good teams 3A gurdon 3A Genoa central Murfreesboro who put 40+ points on y'all  and their score was 26 to 28 foreman who beat EPC mount Ida and Dierks so yes it was impressive I'm not saying cc going to win but we got more of a chance

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 23, 2016, 12:40:25 am
You sound a little disgruntled about the Bulldog Nation....CC BARELY beat the fifth seeded and 3-7 Lafayette County by 4...that's real impressive, and about basketball season: get your tickets in March!
Nice Basketball court at Earle this season NEark tigers.

CHG 30
CC.    22

Pit Bull

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 23, 2016, 12:14:59 am

Little mad or big mad? Calm your as down son.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on November 23, 2016, 02:06:42 am
Lol Lafayette county was the best fifth seed in 2 A all 7 losses was good teams 3A gurdon 3A Genoa central Murfreesboro who put 40+ points on y'all  and their score was 26 to 28 foreman who beat EPC mount Ida and Dierks so yes it was impressive I'm not saying cc going to win but we got more of a chance
Yeah, Murfreesboro did indeed put 40+ (42 to be exact) on us. But what you fail to realize is that the Nation put a deck of playing cards (52) on Murfreesboro, so 52 is more than 42 last I remember..... see ya, slapnuts!

Pit Bull

Plus 3 TDs called back, excessive penalties...

playmaker04

I don't have an issue with where Hooties has Earle. I believe Earle is a top 10 team. And normally I pay about as much attention to their predictions as the college football pre-season top 25. But when a team is in the quarterfinals and you still have teams with 6-5 or 5-6 records picked above you it gets aggravating. No offense to these teams but I just believe we're better than Bearden Rison and Dierks. It's all good. If we upbeat CHG maybe they will move us up a spot to 16 lol.

playmaker04

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 23, 2016, 12:40:25 am
Yeah the LC game we hurt ourselves with 3 picks that all led to scores. We had only turned the ball over 9 times during the regular season.we list 3 fumbles vs Salem on the wet field but it didn't hurt as bad because Salem had 3 of their own. 9 turnovers the first 10 games,6 the last 2. To have a chance to beat CHG we absolutely have to take care of the football.

Legendhogan51

Okay Murfreesboro defense sucks to and mad at what we done beat y'all two years in a row so mad at what

NEark tigers

Bulldog Nation: Back to back to back conference champions!....

CC barely beat a 3-7 Lafayette County in the first round...CHG is gonna roll y'all..

Legendhogan51

Okay and we can say the some thing back to back to back t-bird nation and England going to roll right over yall we will see if cc wins ur not and like I sand Lafayette county was a really good team all 7 losses with good teams

Old Scrapper

Wow I'm glad to hear if you lose to good teams your team doesn't suck as bad. LOL  wrong wrong wrong, this is only an excuse for squeaking by a weak team!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 23, 2016, 01:42:10 pm
Wow I'm glad to hear if you lose to good teams your team doesn't suck as bad. LOL  wrong wrong wrong, this is only an excuse for squeaking by a weak team!
Good losses are just as good as wins now days. lol

Legendhogan51

lol who is a weak team you just mad bc you can't beat us let me explain something to you a win is a win no matter what the score is

bdubyab60

I don't think anyone is mad. Last time I checked CC and Earle were co-champs for like the 3rd year in a row and it has absolutely nothing to do with this game. All that gives you is a higher seed anyways. Fact is CC had an easier draw this year by facing two 5 seeds.

Maybe one of these days one of these teams will be man enough to win this thing outright instead of bragging about being a one seed.

I can tell you this. If CC plays like they have the first two games of this playoffs they will get blown out.

Pit Bull

Legendhogan51

Cc played really good In round two but if we played like we did in round 1 we will loose

Old Scrapper

I agree a win is a win! Be glad your team is still playing football because mine is learning how to dribble!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas