• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton @ Des Arc

Started by baseball13, November 18, 2016, 09:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins round 3

Hampton
52 (59.8%)
Des Arc
35 (40.2%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: November 24, 2016, 09:54:14 pm

#72 Bearden Bear

how many yards rushing did Monta have?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on November 26, 2016, 06:03:55 am
how many yards rushing did Monta have?

It wasn't his rushing that got us, it was his 2 special teams plays that got us. Our defense did its job.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 25, 2016, 11:29:10 pm
Man yea at the mishandling snaps that was crazy
Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2016, 11:13:01 pm
55 botched snaps sound about right to you?

Yea, until we changed centers at halftime. How ever many snaps we had in the first half.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 26, 2016, 12:04:44 am
Hf
pick
brianfromcarlisle
delta bravo
flawless
alfatango

it was nice meeting all of you. Safe travels home good luck to Hampton. Tough way to end your season DA

Same to yall

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 08:00:35 am
It wasn't his rushing that got us, it was his 2 special teams plays that got us. Our defense did its job.
I just need to know for our pick em contest. That was the tie breaker question.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on November 26, 2016, 08:21:31 am
I just need to know for our pick em contest. That was the tie breaker question.

Oh, i dont know that.  They had 250 yards total offense is all i know.

Bondfan4ever

The last 2 weeks after Beebe's season ended, I came and watched Des Arc in the playoffs.  I love the fan support and some of the other things that one sees in the small towns.  Like I told Coach Widener after the game, no matter what the scoreboard says, those kids are winners no matter what!  I believe the Eagles were picked to finish 3rd in the 6-2A, yet, they went 10-2 overall and won a conference championship.  In two seasons at Des Arc, Drake Widener has a record of 21-4, which is a winning percentage of 84%.  I guarantee you that there are a ton of coaches who have been in the business for 20 years that don't even have a winning percentage of 64%.  If folks will give him a chance, Drake Widener will do even greater things.  Des Arc fans, you have a gem in Drake Widener.  Its apparent that the kids love him and the parents love him also.  Good luck to the Eagles in the future!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 09:04:02 am
Oh, i dont know that.  They had 250 yards total offense is all i know.

Hearing 86 yards on 14 carries....

ALPHA_TANGO

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 26, 2016, 12:04:44 am
Hf
pick
brianfromcarlisle
delta bravo
flawless
alfatango

it was nice meeting all of you. Safe travels home good luck to Hampton. Tough way to end your season DA
Same to you guys!!

mr.gametime

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 08:03:56 am
Yea, until we changed centers at halftime. How ever many snaps we had in the first half.

Yeah but to be honest ...alot of that was on yall QB to..its like he was having trouble holding on to the ball...once it was snaped ....i was sitting next to a guy from des arc and he said ...he had problems last week also

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on November 26, 2016, 01:57:36 pm
Yeah but to be honest ...alot of that was on yall QB to..its like he was having trouble holding on to the ball...once it was snaped ....i was sitting next to a guy from des arc and he said ...he had problems last week also

Kinda agree...it was both guys....maybe blame Hamptons D Line?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They all but stopped in the 2nd half after the center change

RiverEagle079

I wont hold no shame to the DA boys they played a heck of a season.  They out did my expectations, I thought they would be second or third in conference. Good luck to Hampton.

tacklethis...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 03:47:14 pm
They all but stopped in the 2nd half after the center change

Was there an injury to the starting center last game? Very odd to have snap problems this late in the season. Especially with the style of offense. Timing is everything with that style...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 26, 2016, 04:05:13 pm
Was there an injury to the starting center last game? Very odd to have snap problems this late in the season. Especially with the style of offense. Timing is everything with that style...

No injury. Just a 10th grader playing in a huge game.

tacklethis...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 04:45:01 pm
No injury. Just a 10th grader playing in a huge game.

I understand, playing center is tough. Get a snap then block the right guy.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 26, 2016, 05:49:14 pm
I understand, playing center is tough. Get a snap then block the right guy.

Maybe the toughest job on offense against a good defense.

tacklethis...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 26, 2016, 06:58:37 pm
Maybe the toughest job on offense against a good defense.

It's tough but QB is the toughest. Has to know what every one does on every play and handle the ball every play and keep the timing intact.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 27, 2016, 10:50:32 am
It's tough but QB is the toughest. Has to know what every one does on every play and handle the ball every play and keep the timing intact.

Qb is irrelevant if the center struggles, example, last Friday night.  Lol

HG Hornet

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 27, 2016, 10:55:19 am
Qb is irrelevant if the center struggles, example, last Friday night.  Lol
+1.  That is correct!  A good Center/ QB exchange is a must!  Center position is overlooked and those who play it don't get their names called on Friday nights or read their names in the newspapers on Saturday morning.  Mean, nasty position to play too. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

One thing i would like to say about this game, was the sportsmanship on the field by both teams towards each other. Lots of pats on the back and helping each other up. Alpha tango, delta bravo and even ole flawlessthoughts were good guys to actually talk to in person. Would have liked to met the rest. Good luck guys, i may show up friday night.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 27, 2016, 03:56:49 pm
One thing i would like to say about this game, was the sportsmanship on the field by both teams towards each other. Lots of pats on the back and helping each other up. Alpha tango, delta bravo and even ole flawlessthoughts were good guys to actually talk to in person. Would have liked to met the rest. Good luck guys, i may show up friday night.
"Even ole Flawless thoughts"? Lol, I'm not a bad guy just brutally honest with what I believe to be true. Nice meeting you too. You never told me what you thought about Ta.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on November 27, 2016, 07:27:07 pm
"Even ole Flawless thoughts"? Lol, I'm not a bad guy just brutally honest with what I believe to be true. Nice meeting you too. You never told me what you thought about Ta.

Lol, i didnt think you was a bad guy, i just knew you were wrong about our team and players.

Ive known he was a great player.

Here is my honest opinion of my one time seeing him in person

He did great on special teams, was a force on defense,  but was held in check by our defense when he was on offense. But he is playing out of position at qb. He is probably the 2nd best offensive player to play on our field this year, gulledge from bald knob is the best.

flawlessthoughts

Yes, he's playing out of position on both sides of the ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on November 27, 2016, 08:23:54 pm

It happens in 2a

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 27, 2016, 08:26:29 pm
It happens in 2a
But hey, it's best to let the best player on the field touch the ball as many times as he can.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on November 27, 2016, 08:30:42 pm
But hey, it's best to let the best player on the field touch the ball as many times as he can.

Most of the time.

tacklethis...

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on November 27, 2016, 08:23:54 pm

Do they run the spread with Monta? All I ever see in film is him under center. Out of the spread with him running QB he would be even harder to stop...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 28, 2016, 10:34:16 am
Do they run the spread with Monta? All I ever see in film is him under center. Out of the spread with him running QB he would be even harder to stop...

Him child's and heglar in a legitimate read option spread would be terrifying.....

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 28, 2016, 10:34:16 am
He has played under center all season long. Him in the spread formation is dangerous.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 28, 2016, 02:52:43 pm
Him child's and heglar in a legitimate read option spread would be terrifying.....
I agree..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas