• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett at England Round 2

Started by BigLion10, November 11, 2016, 10:05:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

479sFinest

This isn't relevant to the post, but it has to do with a story about Coach Ted and Coach Richardson.
Coach Ted got kidney stones at one point and spoke so negatively about them that Coach Richardson, to this day still talks about the fear of getting them.
One year when my younger brother played for Coach Richardson, he passed a kidney stone at halftime, and from them on, Coach Richardson made him a starter, because he was more than willing to go back out and play after just urinating out a spiked rock.

bigworm

Hornet4ever

He was one of them coaches that would tear your butt up during practice, and get after you like crazy. But after practice he would smile and pat you on the back. Our team would have ran through a brick wall for him. Had a lot of fun in junior high.

Hornet4ever

Hootens dropped us to #12 from #9. Rison and Bearden still in front of us, lol. They also put in their write up "Magnet Cove Dropped two touchdown passes." You know why they dropped those? Because our corner backs were playing good defense. I can play that game as well, Hackett had a 40 yard rushing touchdown called back because the ref believed we stepped out of bounds. We also had to different probable touchdowns called back because of an "ineligible player downfield" Hootens makes me so mad. They have England picked by 32, which I'm not going to argue because its possible. Just wish they would show respect for us every once in awhile. They've doubted us all season, saying it would be a big deal for us to beat Lavaca or even keep it close to Danville. We mercy ruled Lavaca and kept it close with Danville. Ill get off my soap box, but Hootens is trash. A friend from Smackover told me they have Mountain View ranked over Smackover this week. 

couch-coach06

Beardon and rison still being ranked that high is stupid for sure they both got smoked first round

Hornet4ever

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 14, 2016, 11:38:45 pm
Beardon and rison still being ranked that high is stupid for sure they both got smoked first round

Perfect case of Hootens love affair with the 8-2A. I made sure and left them a good comment on their rankings.

mtindian42

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 14, 2016, 10:42:18 pm
Hootens dropped us to #12 from #9. Rison and Bearden still in front of us, lol. They also put in their write up "Magnet Cove Dropped two touchdown passes." You know why they dropped those? Because our corner backs were playing good defense. I can play that game as well, Hackett had a 40 yard rushing touchdown called back because the ref believed we stepped out of bounds. We also had to different probable touchdowns called back because of an "ineligible player downfield" Hootens makes me so mad. They have England picked by 32, which I'm not going to argue because its possible. Just wish they would show respect for us every once in awhile. They've doubted us all season, saying it would be a big deal for us to beat Lavaca or even keep it close to Danville. We mercy ruled Lavaca and kept it close with Danville. Ill get off my soap box, but Hootens is trash. A friend from Smackover told me they have Mountain View ranked over Smackover this week.
they have you ranked ahead of Earle foreman and cross county. Is Hackett better then all 3 of these teams?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 15, 2016, 04:37:10 am
they have you ranked ahead of Earle foreman and cross county. Is Hackett better then all 3 of these teams?

Yeah, I do. I think we can hang with just about anyone in 2A. England will be a tough task, but below them I think we can play. Past years we've been ranked in the top 10 because of our record and it showed in the playoffs we weren't for real. I think last year we were pretty good but McCrory man they were just awesome. I mean that showed against us and Conway Christian. This year I think we have filled gaps on the team that puts us over the edge. I think if we dont play England we could make a 3rd round win and Cinderella story 4th round win. We have a solid team, strong offense and strong defense. Last week we played probably our worst game of the season, it was bad. Jumped up 14-0 in the first quarter and then it's like the wheels fell off on offense. Defense remained tough, kept MC scoreless until the final minute. If we play to our potential we do great things, but you have to stay consistent weekly.... I said all that to say this. I think we beat those teams you mentioned. I really do.

Dr. Defense

England-84
Hackett-7 (Ill actually give them a positive score this time)

mtindian42

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 15, 2016, 05:44:58 am
Yeah, I do. I think we can hang with just about anyone in 2A. England will be a tough task, but below them I think we can play. Past years we've been ranked in the top 10 because of our record and it showed in the playoffs we weren't for real. I think last year we were pretty good but McCrory man they were just awesome. I mean that showed against us and Conway Christian. This year I think we have filled gaps on the team that puts us over the edge. I think if we dont play England we could make a 3rd round win and Cinderella story 4th round win. We have a solid team, strong offense and strong defense. Last week we played probably our worst game of the season, it was bad. Jumped up 14-0 in the first quarter and then it's like the wheels fell off on offense. Defense remained tough, kept MC scoreless until the final minute. If we play to our potential we do great things, but you have to stay consistent weekly.... I said all that to say this. I think we beat those teams you mentioned. I really do.
fair enough. Ely stormes is legit and could put a team on his back in any game. England will be just to much for the hornets tho.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 15, 2016, 04:37:10 am
They have McCrory ranked 7 spots ahead of Salem who has the same record but smoked them last week. Sometimes I think whoever types in the team's ranks, has the list they are copying turned upside down.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: switch hitting tackle on November 15, 2016, 08:37:37 am
They have McCrory ranked 7 spots ahead of Salem who has the same record but smoked them last week. Sometimes I think whoever types in the team's ranks, has the list they are copying turned upside down.

And if you call them out, they put your team down by comparing them to another. Just a huge joke.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They have Quitman ahead of carlisle.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 15, 2016, 10:40:38 am
They have Quitman ahead of carlisle.
I saw that, they picked the Bison to win that game by 6 and they smoked
Quitman but yet they ranked them ahead of the Bison. Go figure?

playmaker04

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 14, 2016, 10:42:18 pm
Their rankings are horrible. Bout like a preseason top 25 in coll. They absolutely get off on the 8. Bearden #8 and Rison#10? McCrory 7 spots ahead of Salem. Cross County 18. Ludicrous

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 15, 2016, 01:18:49 pm
Their rankings are horrible. Bout like a preseason top 25 in coll. They absolutely get off on the 8. Bearden #8 and Rison#10? McCrory 7 spots ahead of Salem. Cross County 18. Ludicrous

Carlisle and Mountainburg are both in the 20's. Think I will go to their Facebook page and talk smack.

Dr. Defense

Honestly guys what does it matter what Hootie thinks? It has no bearing on anything on the field and if it makes you that mad maybe you shouldn't read it....just saying

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dr. Defense on November 15, 2016, 01:42:01 pm
Honestly guys what does it matter what Hootie thinks? It has no bearing on anything on the field and if it makes you that mad maybe you shouldn't read it....just saying

I'm not mad, it's just they get PAID to do this and they have no clue

479sFinest

Hooten treats 2A-8 the same way Saturday Down South treats Alabama. They're supposed to be unbiased, but we all know their definitely aren't.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 15, 2016, 01:35:29 pm
Carlisle and Mountainburg are both in the 20's. Think I will go to their Facebook page and talk smack.

I already did, they just made fun of Hackett and Danville in their response. 😂

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 479sFinest on November 15, 2016, 02:40:44 pm
Hooten treats 2A-8 the same way Saturday Down South treats Alabama. They're supposed to be unbiased, but we all know their definitely aren't.

+1

Lions84

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 15, 2016, 01:35:29 pm
I just may be naïve but shouldn't the 16 teams still playing be ranked as such top 16. really hootens the Burg is 22nd that's funny.

Bigditchlion

England's defense is TOUGH! Hackett will soon see that the lions are for real. Secondary fast, line is  disciplined and enjoy contact. The Offense well you can look hudl or maxpreps, but nothing beats seeing them in person. Lions Roar, "We are the storm"

Fan_Man

From what I have seen and read England is legit!  But how crappy is it that Hackett has to play #1 ranked team in 2A  two years in a row having unbelievable seasons and making it out of the first round playoffs with a win.  It is also great that England is such a good team but your cockiness will get you beat! 

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Fan_Man on November 15, 2016, 06:52:14 pm
From what I have seen and read England is legit!  But how crappy is it that Hackett has to play #1 ranked team in 2A  two years in a row having unbelievable seasons and making it out of the first round playoffs with a win.  It is also great that England is such a good team but your cockiness will get you beat!
cockiness is okay if you can back it up!

bigworm

Quote from: Fan_Man on November 15, 2016, 06:52:14 pm

How does a cocky fan on a website get you beat? I hear that all the time. Makes no sense to me. That guy is 42 years old. I don't think he will contribute Friday night. If cocky fans on fearless friday get ya beat theres no way JC would have won 5 of 7 state titles. But they did because the kids on the field decided that. Not a bunch of old farts yacking back and forth on the internet. Hackett has gotten screwed. The bracket is a joke. 6 2A gets home field 2 years in a row. And hackett plays the 6 2a champ last year which just so happened to be #1. This year they rotated to play 5 2a champ which just so happens to be #1. It is what it is............and it's a joke.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: bigworm on November 15, 2016, 07:30:05 pm
How does a cocky fan on a website get you beat? I hear that all the time. Makes no sense to me. That guy is 42 years old. I don't think he will contribute Friday night. If cocky fans on fearless friday get ya beat theres no way JC would have won 5 of 7 state titles. But they did because the kids on the field decided that. Not a bunch of old farts yacking back and forth on the internet. Hackett has gotten screwed. The bracket is a joke. 6 2A gets home field 2 years in a row. And hackett plays the 6 2a champ last year which just so happened to be #1. This year they rotated to play 5 2a champ which just so happens to be #1. It is what it is............and it's a joke.
so is it still strongest against weakest strongest being 6-2a and weakest being 4-2a

Bigditchlion

Wasn't cocky, just know these boys are dialed in. I'm Proud of these young men. Great group of guys with a lot of great parents. I have jr high kids coming through the program, the future is bright for the lions.

Underestimating your opponent will get you beat sure. Not the case here, they are business like! One play at a time, one game at a time.
"We are the storm!"

Old Scrapper

LOL almost every team would lose on Friday night if had anything to do with fans being cocky on here!

BigLion10

Old Scrapper

The 6 has no problem claiming  England from here on out tho!

Dr. Defense

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 15, 2016, 02:01:08 pm
I'm not mad, it's just they get PAID to do this and they have no clue

Well let's be honest they don't put much stock in 2A And 3A

Fanatic

England big. looking like the new JC in 2A

Hornet4ever

I've come to terms with the whole bracket deal. If you're going to get beat and put our, at least it will be by the best.

sickwillie

I remember years ago England did the "From the East To the West" chant during basketball season. Is that still a thing?

Bigditchlion

I think thats more of a basketball thing. That's our secret weapon sickwillie, shhhh.

bigworm

Quote from: sickwillie on November 16, 2016, 11:07:54 am
I remember years ago England did the "From the East To the West" chant during basketball season. Is that still a thing?

Yep. I don't know how old that is but it's been around for a long long time. But you will only hear it during basketball season.

sickwillie

Quote from: bigworm on November 16, 2016, 01:45:29 pm
Yep. I don't know how old that is but it's been around for a long long time. But you will only hear it during basketball season.

Yeah, I remember they chanted it during the girls state game in 2012 against Parkers Chapel

Fan_Man

Quote from: bigworm on November 15, 2016, 07:30:05 pm
I wasn't saying the poster was cocky. I meant if the team is cocky. 

Lionbro20

The team isn't cocky, they are as humble as it comes

bigworm

They are focused. Not saying goes they will win but it won't be because they are cocky.

dawgpound

If you got talent you can be as cocky or arrogant as you want to it still has no effect on how good you are

Bigditchlion

England is neither! Truly blessed and are humble.

bigworm

Quote from: dawgpound on November 17, 2016, 09:29:47 am
If you got talent you can be as cocky or arrogant as you want to it still has no effect on how good you are

you're right. it is just an indication of the type of person you are.

Big Country

switch hitting tackle

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bigworm on November 17, 2016, 12:24:50 pm

+1000000

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bigworm on November 17, 2016, 12:24:50 pm
BAZINGA!!!

Lionbro20

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas