• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett at England Round 2

Started by BigLion10, November 11, 2016, 10:05:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

200 yards in penalties tonight accumulated. Smh.

Hornet4ever

The ref's are digging the flags out quick tonight. Haha

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 18, 2016, 09:27:44 pm
200 yards in penalties tonight accumulated. Smh.
Hacket giving England a ballgame! Thats a lot of penalties!

bfp

These refs are flag happy.  Too many penalties on both teams.

Hornet4ever

3rd and 16 for Hackett. big play.

Hornet4ever

4th down for Hackett, a fail on downs here is the game.

Hornet4ever

Hornets turns the ball over on downs and that pretty much does it. Heck of a game!

bfp

Good game. Hornets! Hold your heads high, you played tough.

bigpound98

heck of a game but our boys need to get the dumb stuff cleaned up if they want to stay in it

Buzzer Beater

So proud of the England Lions. The refs left their seeing eye dogs at home tonight. The Hornets played a great game! They gave me anxiety for sure! Im sure Coach Richardson (Ted) is proud of his son!

lionfan59

Must play better than that.  cannot let the refs dictate how you respond.  Can not let receivers get past you and just look at them.

BigLion10

Looked pretty bad after half that's for sure I think we came out thinking it was over and they punched us in the mouth. Gotta have a good week of practice and get ready for Earle this week

bigworm

Don't know of I've ever seen so many flags in a game. It was ridiculous. But it was ridiculous for both teams.

Hackett has a dang good football team. Those kids play real real hard. And they never quit. Very very well coached. Kudos to hackett.

BigLion10

Congrats to the Hornets on a great game and season. Y'all had a heck of a team. Good luck in the future moving forward

Hornet4ever

Hackett played England tough tonight. A lot tougher then I think anyone would have thought. 27-20 with five minutes left in the game had me and I think everyone on the edge of their seats. After it was all said and done the Lions held when they needed and won this game. Our boys played so tough, and everyone could not be any more proud. Hackett has came from being the homecoming team, to going to to toe with the #1 team in the state. Tonight was a state championship caliber game, and I enjoyed it all. England is one heck of a team, and I hope they continue their success. England is now up 2-1 in a series with Hackett, and I hope we meet again in the future. England posters, its been fun. Good luck. Go Hornets, on an awesome season. 10-2!

bfp

Big Worm, I will try to call you Monday.  You can get my number from Russellville warehouse if I don't get a chance to call. Exciting game. Just wish I could have made the trip. Good luck England.  Hope y'all win the Title.

bigworm

Quote from: bfp on November 18, 2016, 10:38:48 pm
Big Worm, I will try to call you Monday.  You can get my number from Russellville warehouse if I don't get a chance to call. Exciting game. Just wish I could have made the trip. Good luck England.  Hope y'all win the Title.

Ok. I'll be in the woods till then. But hit me Monday.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 18, 2016, 10:38:16 pm
Hackett played England tough tonight. A lot tougher then I think anyone would have thought. 27-20 with five minutes left in the game had me and I think everyone on the edge of their seats. After it was all said and done the Lions held when they needed and won this game. Our boys played so tough, and everyone could not be any more proud. Hackett has came from being the homecoming team, to going to to toe with the #1 team in the state. Tonight was a state championship caliber game, and I enjoyed it all. England is one heck of a team, and I hope they continue their success. England is now up 2-1 in a series with Hackett, and I hope we meet again in the future. England posters, its been fun. Good luck. Go Hornets, on an awesome season. 10-2!

27-20 and Hackett had the ball with a chance to tie late. Very impressed with the Hornets...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 19, 2016, 05:09:55 am
27-20 and Hackett had the ball with a chance to tie late. Very impressed with the Hornets...

You wanna know the best part? A majority of our starters are 10th graders. Our QB Ely Stormes is a senior and will be missed, along with senior receiver Robert Collins. Great future ahead for our program...

highschoolball

Was not at this one, but watched it from the comfort of my home on the live stream. The first drive of the game the Hornets drove down the field and then threw an interception. England jumped on them quick, and I began to worry. I thought, "this is going to get ugly, and very quickly!" The Hornets kept battling, and went into half time down 27-6. The Hornets came out in the second half a brand new football team, the team I've seen all season. I'm not sure if Lonnie Hester chewed into those boys, or one of the players made a heartfelt speech; regardless it worked. The Hornets came out and shut down England's offense for a solid quarter, something I thought was impossible. The Hornets rallied, making it 27-20 late in the 4th. The Hornets had the ball, with a chance to tie it or take the lead. I was in shock, as were most watching. However, the Hornets let this one slip. Congratulations to England, I have a friend from Little Rock who was at this game. He spoke to me after, and told me that Hackett was the most impressive team he has seen face England this season. England took over at the end, and put the nail in the coffin. Part of me wishes this was the state championship game, I feel as if that would have been more suitable then a second round ball game. Congrats to the Hornets on yet another impressive season, and Congrats to England on another victory. Good luck to England in the future, and Hackett keep those heads up!

Countryboy5

November 19, 2016, 08:21:16 am #221 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:32:59 am by Countryboy5
Good game Hackett y'all have a real good team. Might be the best team we played all year them boys can play. I thought the 2-4A was weak I was wrong

SackAttack

Hackett came to play for sure. Very impressed

Dragonsvoice

congrats England good season for the Hornets good job.

lionfan59

From what I've heard Havket has a lot of young kids that start or contribute.  They will be tonight to beat in the future if that is the case.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 19, 2016, 11:48:36 pm
From what I've heard Havket has a lot of young kids that start or contribute.  They will be tonight to beat in the future if that is the case.

Ely Stormes the starting QB is a senior, and #5 the receiver that played very well is also a senior. However, the one receiver who caught a few passes #15 Brady Hester is a sophomore. The running back Shipman is a sophomore and Pacey Mcbride the kid who intercepted Brazeal in the red zone early in the game is also a sophomore! We were very sophomore heavy this season. I said it before the season started, I was very excited about the future of this team. These boys coming up have lost very few games in the past. Our leading tackler, and middle linebacker Matthew Carter is also a sophomore. It is very exciting knowing these boys played how they did this season. I remember when the Chambers boys come through Magazine and that team was changed each year. I'm not saying we will be that successful, but you never know. All I know is they impressed the heck out of me last night against a dang good England team. The future looks bright for this program, we are all very excited.

Bigditchlion

Hornet I was very impressed with Hackett, guarantee you the England players are too. This team needed to be woken up and the hornets smacked them in the mouth. Hats off to Hackett, you guys have a very good team.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Bigditchlion on November 20, 2016, 04:49:30 am
Hornet I was very impressed with Hackett, guarantee you the England players are too. This team needed to be woken up and the hornets smacked them in the mouth. Hats off to Hackett, you guys have a very good team.

Thank you, even though we didnt win this game it feels good to get some good recognition. We needed a break through performance to get us going. I'm sad the season is over, but I am already ready for next season. I will be surprised if we dont win conference and go undefeated next regular season. Expecting a lot of good things from this group of kids.

Cheek

What impressed me most about Hackett, is they did not get down at halftime.  England was up 27-6 and it felt like another blowout.  Hackett came out ready to play, and England was waiting for them to roll over.  When it got to one score, the England finally woke up and finished them off. 

BlackandGold58

England has some outstanding decent fans ! Some of England's players are scum ! Cheap late hit on our QB in 3rd quarter ! The Lions are poor sports and depend on ref calls for wins ! Hackett beat them up bad ! England was gassed at the end !  It was a ref win for England as Hackett beat them all over the field !

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BlackandGold58 on November 20, 2016, 08:36:51 pm
England has some outstanding decent fans ! Some of England's players are scum ! Cheap late hit on our QB in 3rd quarter ! The Lions are poor sports and depend on ref calls for wins ! Hackett beat them up bad ! England was gassed at the end !  It was a ref win for England as Hackett beat them all over the field !
Goodness! Your complaint has been filed and will get looked at right after the power outage mystery is solved.

bigpound98

craziest thing i've heard all season

lionfan59

Wow. So let's look at penalties. How many times did we stop yall and the man 40 yards away sees something others don't and throws a flag? Or your guy tackles 17 by the face mask but we get the pentaly. 4th down stops only to have a "face guard" called which is only illegal in the NFL. Youbguy getting up kicking and no call. You guy throwing hands but no call. You were only end the game because at first the boys let the refs get in their heads. You might want to go back and watch the film and then send the two white officials a thank you card. You have a young team that should do well in the future. You might want them to focus on the positive instead of making a made up excuse.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 20, 2016, 08:43:13 pm
Goodness! Your complaint has been filed and will get looked at right after the power outage mystery is solved.
Hahahahahahaha

bigpound98

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 20, 2016, 09:27:32 pm
Wow. So let's look at penalties. How many times did we stop yall and the man 40 yards away sees something others don't and throws a flag? Or your guy tackles 17 by the face mask but we get the pentaly. 4th down stops only to have a "face guard" called which is only illegal in the NFL. Youbguy getting up kicking and no call. You guy throwing hands but no call. You were only end the game because at first the boys let the refs get in their heads. You might want to go back and watch the film and then send the two white officials a thank you card. You have a young team that should do well in the future. You might want them to focus on the positive instead of making a made up excuse.
lionfan59 that has to be a kid because surly no adult would call our well respected kids "scum".. just sayin

lionfan59

True. But just another horrible call. That popped in my head" Targeting" from the same 40 yard flag thrower  who threw the other crazy flags.

Hornet4ever

Almost made it through the thread without anything

bigworm

I think if you look at every statistic you will see that Hackett didn't beat England at anything. I didn't see a single beat up lion. I try to give teams credit. Hackett fought but were out manned. When we had to get it done we did. Just one of them games. Our boys were up 27 6 at half and underestimated the fight left in your boys. Refs had nothing to do with the outcome. They were just terrible all the way around. And #51 hit your QB about a foot out of Bounds. Stupid play but not dirty. I was standing right there when it happened. He only has 1 speed and it's wide open. Good kid but plays with everything he has. Gassed at the end? I'm pretty sure it was the end when we put you away buddy. What you say makes no sense.

HorseFeathers

Face guarding could have been a mistaken call....if a db doesn't turn and look for the ball it is a penalty if hes all over him like white on rice

Bigditchlion

As long as the db touches the ball before there is contact then it's a incomplete pass not interference call.

BlackandGold58

Momentum is a big factor in football. In the 4th, with us down 27-20, we were rolling and about to score with a ridiculous OPI call against Collins! Many calls may have been missed but the ones against us were critical! The no call you may be referring to was when Collins was hit low in the draw. Get hit there and you would be upset.Why was the place kicker wearing a boot for England?  I understand that you were without your amazing WR. We too had men out as well. Very hard fought game. Shame refs screwed the calls up. You have a nice town with beautiful people!

Cheek

November 21, 2016, 01:18:37 pm #241 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:15:47 pm by Cheek
Are you kidding.  Brazeal was in perfect position to intercept the pass and the receiver pulled him down from behind.  England had several opportunities to put the game away early, but lost focus.  On the interception in the end zone, our receiver tried to catch the ball with his body and not his hands.  It bounced off his chest into the arms of the Hacket DB.    We also dropped two other TD passes we usually make.  Hackett did cut it to 7,  but England decided to man up and put them away.  England was the much better team and won in the end.  Now go play some basketball.

Lionbro20

That targeting call was ridiculous.. I think he felt sorry for the kid cause that was a bone crushing legal block

Hornet4ever

Both teams had bad penalties, both teams made mistakes and both teams had chances to win this game. England ultimately made the final stop at the end of the game and sealed this one. This thread is so done, we can set here and discuss every call and it's not going to do any good. England has Earle this week.

Hornet4ever

I was told Coach Farmer called our coaches today and congratulated us on a hard fought game and giving us all the props in the world. I already had quite a bit of respect for England and now I have even more. Sucks this season is over, but I guess if it's going out like this; I'll take it.

jsky14

Hope u noticed the England fans gave Hackett a hand at the end of the game. Don't get that everywhere

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jsky14 on November 21, 2016, 06:02:21 pm
Hope u noticed the England fans gave Hackett a hand at the end of the game. Don't get that everywhere

The Mountainburg team recieved the same treatment at des arc.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 14, 2016, 09:55:20 am
neutral field
[2016] England (AR) 41, [2016] Hackett (AR) 20

Just for fun, let's see what LaLa land thinks of this Friday.

Cal Preps knew what was coming. Haha, Cal Preps has done a good job of predicting this season on different games..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas