• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-A State V-Ball Tournament

Started by Intelligentsia, October 30, 2013, 11:39:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

News received from the 5-A State v-ball tournament in Alma:  Great 5-A East girls showing in the state tournament.  Paragould  will face the Shilo-LRCA winner in one semifinal match while the other will feature Batesville and Nettleton, the defending state champs.  The  East 4th seed, Green County Tech lost to Shilo in 5 with a 14-16 win the tiebreaker.  3 of four 5-A East teams in the semis two years in a row!!  BTW, my Pioneers beat P.A. in straight sets today to earn their ticket to the final 4 after beating Morrilton in straight sets Tuesday.  Go Lady Pioneers!!

Go Postal

Nice!  Good luck to them!

In other news, I heard from sevenof400 that the Golden Goblins did very good in cross country the other day. Could be good at State, finishing 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th with time just under 18 minute and four more around 18:40 or more.  But his 1st text was, "Boys underway, Goblin horde toward the front" and 2nd text was, "WHERE ARE ALL THESE GOBLINS COMING FROM?".   ;D

Intelligentsia

Update:  Paragould dispatched Shilo in three sets and it took five sets for Batesville to best the defending state champs, Nettleton to set up the championship game Saturday at Russelville High.  Paragould won both conference matches, so Batesville will have to play their very best to go home with the first place trophy.  Regardless, this is the game in which you work so hard to play.  Congratulations to all the teams who made the playoffs.  Go Pioneers!!!

AT

5A East has been the best conference in volleyball recently, but this year it seems they were leaps and bounds above every other confernce.

pioneermom1

Way to go Lady Pioneers!  First time in school history to make it to the finals! Last year was the first time in semi finals.  These girls have worked so hard and earned this spot in the championship match.  They have been on their A game all week so it should be a great game.  Paragould has a great team and is the favorite of course but we intend to put up a great fight.  Onward Pioneers!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas