• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Marion Lady Patriots.

Started by MarionBlueDevil, October 16, 2013, 01:09:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionBlueDevil

Marion won again tonight in West Memphis. They're 11-2 in conference and have a big, big match on Thursday against North Little Rock.

Their two losses have come to Jonesboro, who may be the team to beat in the tournament.

Should be a pretty good slate of games once we reach state.

Addicted

I would say Russellville is the team to beat in 6A.  I have seen Marion, Jonesboro, Russellville, and Siloam Springs play this year.  Have yet to see Benton.  Of the four I've seen, Russellville has the most potential.  The brackets will make a big difference.  As it is right now, Russellville, Jonesboro, and Siloam are on the bottom bracket.  Marion and Benton are on the top.  Kind of stinks how it is lining up.  I feel that Russellville, Jonesboro, and Siloam all could make the finals if it was seeded differently.  Oh well, that's why you play.

Addicted

Actually, I was wrong.  Russellville has dropped to fourth and is on Marion and Benton's side of the bracket.  They will be a tough out if they play their best.  They are battle-tested having played FS Southside, FS Northside, Conway, and Mt St Marys twice each. 

I see a final four of Russellville, Marion, Jonesboro, and Siloam Springs.  Those will be great games!

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated North Little Rock tonight in 3 sets.  Marion finished conference play at 12-2 with the 2 losses coming from Jonesboro.  Marion and Jonesboro should do well in the state tournament. :) :) :)

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Addicted on October 17, 2013, 10:25:35 am
Actually, I was wrong.  Russellville has dropped to fourth and is on Marion and Benton's side of the bracket.  They will be a tough out if they play their best.  They are battle-tested having played FS Southside, FS Northside, Conway, and Mt St Marys twice each. 

I see a final four of Russellville, Marion, Jonesboro, and Siloam Springs.  Those will be great games!

Siloam beat Marion at a tournament last weekend too. Obviously they've seen Jonesboro as well.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 17, 2013, 11:24:45 pm
Marion defeated North Little Rock tonight in 3 sets.  Marion finished conference play at 12-2 with the 2 losses coming from Jonesboro.  Marion and Jonesboro should do well in the state tournament. :) :) :)

I heard that third set got kinda wild, but Marion hung in there. Pretty impressive against a tough opponent on the road.

Addicted

October 18, 2013, 01:02:17 pm #6 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:06:26 pm by Addicted
Russellville lost at Southside last night.  If they lose to Greenwood Tuesday, they go to Benton and Marion's side of the bracket.  If they win, Siloam, Russellville, and Jonesboro are all on the same side of the bracket.  I predict that if this is true, the state champion will be the winner of these three.

Just my opinion, though.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Addicted on October 18, 2013, 01:02:17 pm
Russellville lost at Southside last night.  If they lose to Greenwood Tuesday, they go to Benton and Marion's side of the bracket.  If they win, Siloam, Russellville, and Jonesboro are all on the same side of the bracket.  I predict that if this is true, the state champion will be the winner of these three.

Just my opinion, though.

How's Greenwood looking this year?

Valleysports

October 18, 2013, 07:13:31 pm #8 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:20:29 pm by Valleysports
Championship is gonna be a blowout like last year  ::)  At least it will be in Russellville.

Addicted

Greenwood is down.  They won't be an easy out but they aren't nearly as talented as past years.  Russelville would really have to choke to lose on their home court on senior night. 

Valleysports

Quote from: Addicted on October 21, 2013, 08:02:32 am
Greenwood is down.  They won't be an easy out but they aren't nearly as talented as past years.  Russelville would really have to choke to lose on their home court on senior night.

Home court doesn't give Russellville an advantage AND Senior Night certainly doesn't.  That's part of Russellville's problem.  THE Ref at Russellville is very serious about his job - he is the Volleyball Ref Instructor.  Visiting teams get an even break on the calls.  On the other hand we have an ex AD that fills in sometimes, he likes to show the world he's not biased towards Russellville.  Anyhow it's a good environment to play the State Championship.  Russellville will have to watch this year, they just don't have the fire power to hold off these number 1 & 2 seeds from the South & East. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 21, 2013, 10:38:25 am
Quote from: Addicted on October 21, 2013, 08:02:32 am

Home court doesn't give Russellville an advantage AND Senior Night certainly doesn't.  That's part of Russellville's problem.  THE Ref at Russellville is very serious about his job - he is the Volleyball Ref Instructor.  Visiting teams get an even break on the calls.  On the other hand we have an ex AD that fills in sometimes, he likes to show the world he's not biased towards Russellville.  Anyhow it's a good environment to play the State Championship.  Russellville will have to watch this year, they just don't have the fire power to hold off these number 1 & 2 seeds from the South & East. 

The only home court Jonesboro will have is the crowd, especially if they let the students attend the day games. As far as officiating, we'll get our usual Nettleton/VV grad working it, we don't get any close calls from them.

Marionvolleyballdad

The Marion Lady Patriots defeated Brookland tonight 3 sets to 1.  Marion lost the first set 25-22 and then cruised through the next 3 sets.  Marion improves to 25-4 on the season.  They finished 12-2 in conference play with the 2 losses by Jonesboro.  The state tournament is going to be exciting this year.  The top 5 teams to watch are Jonesboro, Marion, Benton, Siloam Springs and Russellville.  These teams should do well in the tournament.  Go Patriots!!! 

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on October 21, 2013, 11:20:52 pm
The Marion Lady Patriots defeated Brookland tonight 3 sets to 1.  Marion lost the first set 25-22 and then cruised through the next 3 sets.  Marion improves to 25-4 on the season.  They finished 12-2 in conference play with the 2 losses by Jonesboro.  The state tournament is going to be exciting this year.  The top 5 teams to watch are Jonesboro, Marion, Benton, Siloam Springs and Russellville.  These teams should do well in the tournament.  Go Patriots!!!

Should be a competitive semifinal if four of those five make it through unscathed.

Addicted

It will come down to who can put two good games together (I'm not counting the first round games).  I still believe the 6A champ will come out of the bottom half of the bracket. 

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion defeated Nettleton tonight at Nettleton 3-1.    (25-16)  (27-25)  (17-25)  (25-14).  Marion finishes the regular season at 26-4.   Marion enters the state tournament next week as the #2 seed.  Go Patriots!!

Marionvolleyballdad

6A State Tournament in Jonesboro next week.  The top 4 in each half of the bracket should look something like this:

Top Half                        Bottom Half

1. Benton                      1. Jonesboro
2. Marion                      2. Siloam Springs
3. Lake Hamilton            3. Russellville
4. Mountain Home          4. Texarkana

Valleysports

Upper Bracket - Benton & Marion sleep walk, until the Semi between themselves.
Lower Bracket - Siloam vs Russellville 2nd round, Jonesboro vs Siloam/Russellville Semi Final.
Final - 3-0

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 23, 2013, 04:09:38 pm
Lower Bracket - Siloam vs Russellville 2nd round, Jonesboro vs Siloam/Russellville Semi Final.
Final - 3-0

Who wins this final in 3-0?

Valleysports

Oh no doubt Jonesboro - look at their record!  Russellville barely finished .500.  Probably be Siloam playing Jonesboro, in Jonesboro, with Jonesboro's overwhelming Fan Base.   

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm
Oh no doubt Jonesboro - look at their record!  Russellville barely finished .500.  Probably be Siloam playing Jonesboro, in Jonesboro, with Jonesboro's overwhelming Fan Base.

Haha, I wouldn't say overwhelming, but a couple of years ago they let the students miss school if they had a ticket. Looks like all of Jonesboro's matches will be at 6, you won't get the "miss school" kids at that time. I really don't know who is good, I mostly just posted the record because I knew you were interested.    ;D

MarionBlueDevil

Final - 3-0

Marion and Benton split two sets last week too. That would be a mega-competitive match.

Valleysports

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on October 23, 2013, 06:39:39 pm
Final - 3-0

Marion and Benton split two sets last week too. That would be a mega-competitive match.

Hall vs Parkview is mega-competitive!  ;D

Marionvolleyballdad

Congratulations to the Marion Lady Patriots for making it to the final four in the 2013 6A State Volleyball Tournament.  The Lady Patriots finished as conference runner-up.   Marion finished 28-5 on the season.  Now the post season awards are coming in for Marion and they are as follows:

6A East All Conference                    All State                        All State Tournament Team

1. Diane Phillips-Soph.             Diane Phillips-Soph.               Diane Phillips-Soph.
2. Morgan Jones-Sr.                 Lannie Miller-Sr.                     Morgan Jones-Sr.
3. Lannie Miller-Sr.
4. Kayla Winfrey-Sr.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas