• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 4A Boys Teams

Started by centralarkansasbasketball, May 02, 2017, 12:07:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Boarhawg on October 27, 2017, 07:27:36 pm
Oh how surprised you'll be when you see Monticello. 🎁🎁🎁

Why do you say that?

Gray lizard

Pottsville had a move in from OK.  He is expected to be a major contribution to the team.  Look for a great year with the returning talent.

boss85

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 07:38:46 pm
Highland rebels..got the best coach in the state
sarcasm. Or a post by the coach.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

So season is here. What do you think is the top 5 in 4A?

Runnin With The Pack

Will the 2 bigs (6-7 & 6-6) at Brookland be contributing factors?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on November 18, 2017, 04:56:18 am
   Will the 2 bigs (6-7 & 6-6) at Brookland be contributing factors?

We hope so!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland over Monticello 38-30
Baptist Prep over Brookland 56-38

Brookland started 1sr, 2Jr , 2 freshman

NEA Razorback olfan

Bbal789

November 21, 2017, 11:17:44 pm #58 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:47:52 pm by Bbal789
1. Baptist Prep.                Notable Player: Issac Mcbride
2. Bauxite                       Notable Player: Jacob Stroud, Graham Chenault
3. ESTEM.                        Notable Player: Donald Ghostone, Laityn Sheppard, Jeremiah Encalade
4. Southside Batesville.     Notable Player: Alex Brogdon, Will Sitkowski
5. Brookland                     Notable Player: Braxton Haff, Keean Strode

Bbal789

November 21, 2017, 11:27:31 pm #59 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:59:13 pm by Bbal789
Bauxite and ESTEM definitely have the best shot of knocking off Baptist Prep. They play extremely hard and tough and have given Baptist a lot of fight in the past. They have both come really close to beating Baptist and now that Connor Vanover is gone it is much easier. Baptist Prep is definitely not the overwhelming number one team. Honestly everyone says they are number one just because they won the last two years but Bauxite has an extremely balanced team and ESTEM just brought some new big people in. Baptist does not have any real scorers other than Issac Mcbride but we will see how things play out. Southside Batesville and Brookland also has a really high chance of beating Baptist if they were to play.

Bbal789

November 22, 2017, 12:05:55 am #60 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:41:09 pm by Bbal789
1. Issac Mcbride-Baptist Prep
2. JT Smith-Riverview
3. Alex Brogdon- Southside Batesville
4. Avery Felts- Jonesboro Westside
5. Graham Chenault-Bauxite
6. Donald Ghostone-ESTEM
7. Cameron Bush-Robinson
8. Jacob Stroud- Bauxite
9. Kam Vick- Central Arkansas Christian
10.Laityn Sheppard-ESTEM
11. Will Sitkowski-Southside Batesville
12. Michael Boone- Helena-West Helena
13. Riley Felkins-Jonesboro Westside
14. Braxton Haff-Brookland
15. Chris Harris-Dumas

NEA Razorback olfan

November 22, 2017, 12:45:57 am #61 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:09:24 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland
Jr. Braxton Haff 18pts vs Nettleton

Freshman Keean Strode 11pts tonight vs Nettleton
and Jackson Ballard 4pts

iRebound

I saw Stuttgart play at the Brinkley tournament and they have some monsters. They knocked off a tough Riverview team led by JT Smith last night.

Ba$ketballFan54321

What do yall think about Pottsville? Looking strong early on.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: iRebound on December 01, 2017, 11:53:15 am
I saw Stuttgart play at the Brinkley tournament and they have some monsters. They knocked off a tough Riverview team led by JT Smith last night.

Most if not all of the Stuttgart starters have been starting on the Sr. High team since they were freshman. And they're juniors this year.

DogCatcher

I watched southside beat a bad 3a team and thought they were the favorites, but after watching them in the hurricane classic, I'm not to sure anymore. The big kid needs to touch the ball every possession and Alex needs to step it up. Their guards are not as good as I thought they were.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: DogCatcher on December 03, 2017, 02:44:22 pm
I watched southside beat a bad 3a team and thought they were the favorites, but after watching them in the hurricane classic, I'm not to sure anymore. The big kid needs to touch the ball every possession and Alex needs to step it up. Their guards are not as good as I thought they were.

Southside's Guards are way overrated

BigLion10

Did have a player over 7 he's at Findlay Prep in Vegas now

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: fann07 on December 03, 2017, 05:37:53 pm
Southside's Guards are way overrated

I was very unimpressed watching Southside play.. People built them up to be a force and I just don't see it.

Bbal789

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on December 04, 2017, 12:29:38 pm
I was very unimpressed watching Southside play.. People built them up to be a force and I just don't see it.

Do you know anything about their game against Jonesboro Westside because I saw that they beat Westside by 1 point. I feel like Westside would have won the game if Southside was not playing that well. Westside played a competitive game against North Little Rock and made a ton of threes against them. Avery Felts and Riley Felkins I heard are playing great and Gage Sheffield is contributing more this year.

3shooter

1.Baptist
2.Warren
3. Bauxite
4.Nashville
5.Pottsville

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 04, 2017, 04:30:20 pm
Do you know anything about their game against Jonesboro Westside because I saw that they beat Westside by 1 point. I feel like Westside would have won the game if Southside was not playing that well. Westside played a competitive game against North Little Rock and made a ton of threes against them. Avery Felts and Riley Felkins I heard are playing great and Gage Sheffield is contributing more this year.

I'm not saying they're not a good team, I'm just saying based off of the game I saw I wasn't overly impressed and didn't see a team that will win state. But, I have a small sample size so it could have just been an off night.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: rebelfan on December 04, 2017, 12:24:01 am
Isn't Baptist Prep the team that has a player over seven foot tall?
No, Connor Vanover transferred to Findlay Prep in Nevada.

STUNNA

Quote from: Trojanball24 on September 20, 2017, 10:46:48 am
Top 5:
1. Baptist- Until someone beats them
2. Pottsville- Return alot
3. Warren- Return alot w/ a good transfer
4.Batesville SS- Return alot
5. Pea Ridge- Growing school/ alot of talent

Who is the Warren transfer? I believe warren returns 4 starters from last years team. Also have stepped who moved up as a freshman last year. And they return all state player Treylon Burks.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 08, 2017, 08:40:00 pm #74 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:15:28 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 7-2 (3-0) 58
Gosnell 40
F

Jr. Braxton Haff 29pts

NEA Razorback olfan

December 09, 2017, 09:11:00 am #75 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:12:52 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Ashdown 51
Bauxite 49
F

ABC™

December 09, 2017, 09:35:37 am #76 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:38:01 am by ABC™
The 7-4A boys should be competitive again this year. Ashdown, Bauxite, Nashville, and Robinson are all good teams. Malvern has rebuilt, them and Mena are sleepers to keep an eye on.

NEA Razorback olfan

4A-3  Westside and Brookland seem the 2 top teams so far, Don't sleep on Trumann though, tough group

Bbal789

Quote from: ABC™ on December 09, 2017, 09:35:37 am
The 7-4A boys should be competitive again this year. Ashdown, Bauxite, Nashville, and Robinson are all good teams. Malvern has rebuilt, them and Mena are sleepers to keep an eye on.

I still think Bauxite is the best team in that conference

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 09, 2017, 09:40:03 am
4A-3  Westside and Brookland seem the 2 top teams so far, Don't sleep on Trumann though, tough group

For sure, Westside and Brookland are both top five teams in 4a and people are sleeping on them if they do not think they are capable of winning the 4a state title. Both teams have incredible talent but Avery Felts still stands out amongst them all. I would probably give Brookland the coaching nod.

ABC™

Good game this Saturday night in the finals of Dual State at JC. Nashville vs Warren, a rematch of last years south regional championship.

STUNNA

Looks like Warren has beat McGhee and Junction city so far.

ABC™

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 11:02:40 am
Looks like Warren has beat McGhee and Junction city so far.
That's two good teams to open things up against.

Nashville has played some really bad teams so far.  Finally get a game Friday at Prescott.  Warren will be by far the best team Nashville has played.  Interested to see if Nashville is as good as they look or if its just the lack of competition.

thabeast428

Junction didn't look so good lol but is without their big man til after Christmas. Although it wouldn't of made a big difference bc Warren had a good Defense and can shoot the 3 if left open

STUNNA

Warren should get better once the basketball players get to playing more.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 14, 2017, 12:55:45 pm
Junction didn't look so good lol but is without their big man til after Christmas. Although it wouldn't of made a big difference bc Warren had a good Defense and can shoot the 3 if left open

Whats Warren doing on defense this year?

thabeast428

They're real quick to the ball and have a big man down low that they didn't really use that much. Guess it was more of a zone defense

ABC™

I think they played mostly a 1-3-1 last year.  They have returned just about everyone from last year.  Very impressive defense the few times I saw them.  Plus, incredible athleticism and size.

thabeast428

Yea they're good. It was only 20-16 at half but they came out firing on all cylinders and jc couldn't answer other than turning the ball over 20+ times it seemed. I hope we can turn it around and be competitive but not looking so good for first game of the year

STUNNA

How did Burks and Steppes look?

SportsDad

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 05:48:38 pm
How did Burks and Steppes look?
Burks is just a beast... in any sport. Will take him a while to get some touch back, but is probably averaging 15-20 rebounds in first three games... he is just a difference maker.

Steppes ball handling and shooting is not where it needs to be yet... but he will get there. He is still fearless when taking it inside.

The team is primarily playing a 2-3 zone on defense and a motion offense.

The outside shooting of this team will be better than last year, but still not great. The team just has size all over the floor and on the bench.

STUNNA

Quote from: SportsDad on December 15, 2017, 09:46:43 am
Burks is just a beast... in any sport. Will take him a while to get some touch back, but is probably averaging 15-20 rebounds in first three games... he is just a difference maker.

Steppes ball handling and shooting is not where it needs to be yet... but he will get there. He is still fearless when taking it inside.

The team is primarily playing a 2-3 zone on defense and a motion offense.

The outside shooting of this team will be better than last year, but still not great. The team just has size all over the floor and on the bench.
is Burks a college talent for basketball?

Bbal789

Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2017, 08:46:30 am
is Burks a college talent for basketball?

Maybe for a small college but definitely division 1 for football. Hopefully the hogs can land him.

ABC™

Dual State Finals

Nashville 47
Warren 45

Top Shelf

Quote from: ABC™ on December 16, 2017, 07:01:47 pm
Dual State Finals

Nashville 47
Warren 45
Nashville owns Warren in everything lol

STUNNA

Dang... Nashville turning into a basketball school

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 22, 2017, 12:05:55 am
1. Issac Mcbride-Baptist Prep
2. JT Smith-Riverview
3. Alex Brogdon- Southside Batesville
4. Avery Felts- Jonesboro Westside
5. Graham Chenault-Bauxite
6. Donald Ghostone-ESTEM
7. Cameron Bush-Robinson
8. Jacob Stroud- Bauxite
9. Kam Vick- Central Arkansas Christian
10.Laityn Sheppard-ESTEM
11. Will Sitkowski-Southside Batesville
12. Michael Boone- Helena-West Helena
13. Riley Felkins-Jonesboro Westside
14. Braxton Haff-Brookland
15. Chris Harris-Dumas
Quan Sanders from Stuttgart 6-4 200 pound guard that's also plays football is the 2nd best player in the 4A behind McBride.He had 34 in his last game and 21 against West Helena to the games i  been to and they are 9-1 only loss was at Dumas loss by 5.

BirdCall

Quote from: iRebound on December 01, 2017, 11:53:15 am
Quan Sanders the kid with the short dreads is a monster and would get D1 offers if he played for a better AAU team than the local one in Stuttgart. He is the 2nd best player in the state behind McBride. He has a college shooting guard body right now and has skill to back up his athleticism.

Bbal789

December 25, 2017, 07:29:02 pm #98 Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:38:07 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: BirdCall on December 24, 2017, 06:20:01 pm
Quan Sanders the kid with the short dreads is a monster and would get D1 offers if he played for a better AAU team than the local one in Stuttgart. He is the 2nd best player in the state behind McBride. He has a college shooting guard body right now and has skill to back up his athleticism.

Yea I need to update the rankings soon. I just do the rankings for fun and to see what others think too. I have never heard or seen this Quan Sanders guy and do not see his name on Stuttgart's roster. Also could not pull up any videos of him playing. Have not seen Stuttgart play this year but I am sure he is a good player. Do you know why his name is not on the roster?

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 25, 2017, 07:29:02 pm
Yea I need to update the rankings soon. I just do the rankings for fun and to see what others think too. I have never heard or seen this Quan Sanders guy and do not see his name on Stuttgart's roster. Also could not pull up any videos of him playing. Have not seen Stuttgart play this year but I am sure he is a good player. Do you know why his name is not on the roster?
[/I forgot his legal name is David Quan Walker he is #11 for Stuttgart my bad. Don't know where sanders came from but he also is a star football player for Stuttgart. He already has a college ready body with strength coming from football. I hope a sponsored AAU team could come see him play so he can get on a team and showout this summer to gain some offers because that local team won't get him anything at all i doubt.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas