• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Razorback Football 2019: The Rebuild.

Started by AirWarren, December 07, 2018, 08:40:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Pettway transferring. So pretty much we will have the youngest team in the SEC. gonna need some instant contributors

Trojanbird

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Trojanbird on January 15, 2019, 09:04:44 pm
Lots of quitters on the previous team!  IMO

Or got told hey we don't want you, why don't you do us a favor and free up that scholarship?

bdubyab60

I think a little of both in Pettways case. I think clears enough room. Think we are at 22 signed, 6 still committed and 2 they are still going after. Looking like a couple we may miss in as their grades seem to be lacking according to the rumors mill.

Friday Jalen Catalon is supposed to announce his commitment. Want to talk about a kid with some impressive tape. Down to Hogs, Texas, OU and TCU. That's a good offer list.

Think he had an injury that kept him out his senior year though

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 15, 2019, 09:05:57 pm
Or got told hey we don't want you, why don't you do us a favor and free up that scholarship?

This.

I'm perfectly ok with ridding the locker room of personalities that haven't bought in or committed to the new staff.

Valleysports

Friday Jalen Catalon is supposed to announce his commitment. Want to talk about a kid with some impressive tape. Down to Hogs, Texas, OU and TCU. That's a good offer list.

Think he had an injury that kept him out his senior year though
no SEC Teams?

bdubyab60

He has more offers that's just who he is down to

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on January 16, 2019, 07:54:54 am
This.

I'm perfectly ok with ridding the locker room of personalities that haven't bought in or committed to the new staff.
i'm with you there

Valleysports

Well Hurts passed up Arkansas for Oklahoma.  Hope he Hurts Texas!  ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Valleysports on January 16, 2019, 09:57:26 pm
Well Hurts passed up Arkansas for Oklahoma.  Hope he Hurts Texas!  ;D
Hurts should do good for Oklahoma

bdubyab60

Texarkana_Piggie

havne't we been rebuilding since 1965?  i guess i'm immune to all the rebuilding stuff.  i love the hogs and will continue to watch them and hope they win. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2018, 08:40:56 am
And here we are yet again.

Hopefully we see improvement from a class that is shaping up to be a decent recruiting class.
If we could just get several good recruiting classes we could be a good football program in two or three years with good coaching

beach bum

Hearing that one WR from Murfreesboro, TN is probably is going to USC now instead of us.... Don't really blame him. You get 4 years everything paid for to live does Fayetteville or L.A. sound better to an 18-22 year old? Again, I can not fault him if he does bail from his commitment to go there.

AirWarren

January 29, 2019, 01:32:42 pm #65 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:43:18 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: beach bum on January 29, 2019, 12:50:48 pm
Hearing that one WR from Murfreesboro, TN is probably is going to USC now instead of us.... Don't really blame him. You get 4 years everything paid for to live does Fayetteville or L.A. sound better to an 18-22 year old? Again, I can not fault him if he does bail from his commitment to go there.

Which one is that? I think you're thinking of Otey who is actually a CB.

I've been permanently banned from Hogville. lol.

bdubyab60

Yeah I think the only receivers that aren't signed are Burks and Henry TE

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 29, 2019, 06:59:36 pm
Yeah I think the only receivers that aren't signed are Burks and Henry TE
[/quoteI sure Hope they sign that letter.

bdubyab60

Trey Knox the receiver from Murfeesboro is already on campus. It's the DB Otey that there are rumors of him flipping. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have him looks like a decent player. But maybe they can land another LB or RB if he does flip.

We have one RB committed and there are rumors on him flipping or at least concerns. Everyone of our RBs missed some kind of playing time last year so I quest their durability.

AirWarren

Henry wants his entire family and team to be there for his signing. Per him. There was some family that couldn't be there during the early signing.

Treylon is the same thing. His grandmother was out of town during the LOI signing during the early signing period  and he wants his grandmother there.

There is zero to worry about with these two.

bdubyab60

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on March 04, 2019, 06:44:01 pm
Nick Starkel coming to Fayetteville!

"We are always in the market for quarterbacks".

He is putting his money where his mouth is for sure. No one is safe and I like it. This man didn't take this job to lose I am afraid. And he certainly doesn't give a crap what your last name is.

Valleysports

Now now - lol - he's not flipping players SEC opponents want, he's picking up culls (players & coaches). 

VHSCoach2

For the first time in over 65 years, the Razorbacks will play an in-state team in football. They will host UAPB in 2021.

beach bum

May 01, 2019, 04:15:51 pm #76 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:17:23 pm by beach bum
Very pleased with us finally playing an in state... albeit UAPB is one of the worst FCS schools there is.

Now if the SEC will finally move to a 9 game conference slate, combine that with 1 in state game, 1 non con against another power 5 conference, and then you finally have a schedule with only one what I call meaningless games. Thats my biggest gripe with college football is we literally have 4 games next year with no reason to go watch in person with Portland State, Western Kentucky, Colorado State, and San Jose State. This at least gives fans something to talk about in a cupcake game. Its a good first step.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 01, 2019, 03:06:18 pm
For the first time in over 65 years, the Razorbacks will play an in-state team in football. They will host UAPB in 2021.

Lol.

Maybe we will play ASU when UAPB takes us to the wire.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on May 01, 2019, 04:15:51 pm
Very pleased with us finally playing an in state... albeit UAPB is one of the worst FCS schools there is.

Now if the SEC will finally move to a 9 game conference slate, combine that with 1 in state game, 1 non con against another power 5 conference, and then you finally have a schedule with only one what I call meaningless games. Thats my biggest gripe with college football is we literally have 4 games next year with no reason to go watch in person with Portland State, Western Kentucky, Colorado State, and San Jose State. This at least gives fans something to talk about in a cupcake game. Its a good first step.

I seem to recall a lot of fans said this about Colorado State last year too 🤷

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2019, 06:43:35 pm
Lol.

Maybe we will play ASU when UAPB takes us to the wire.

There is only 1 game that I'll be pulling for UAPB to win in 2021! 

Valleysports

Is football almost here yet?   Dang.........

dirtybird12

Hogs schedule compared to other SEC schools is EASY. We don't play another P5 school non-conference which we cannot help because of Michigan canceling. If we beat Ole Miss we should start 6-0. I could see us winning first 6 and losing 5 0f last 6.

beach bum

Quote from: dirtybird12 on May 14, 2019, 09:17:52 am
Hogs schedule compared to other SEC schools is EASY. We don't play another P5 school non-conference which we cannot help because of Michigan canceling. If we beat Ole Miss we should start 6-0. I could see us winning first 6 and losing 5 0f last 6.

I am predicting we start 5-1 and finish 1-5 down the stretch to get to 6-6

Valleysports

May 19, 2019, 08:14:41 pm #83 Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:21:40 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: dirtybird12 on May 14, 2019, 09:17:52 am

Putting A&M's average teams down, in preseason, as a Hog Win the last 7 years was obviously foolish (0-7).  A&M is not SEC Average any longer - they're going to stomp a mud-hole in Arkansas.  That train might not have left the station (Fisher's #4 recruits are freshmen), but its loaded up and last call has been announced.  This is the very, very, very last chance Arkansas has!  ::)

DerekOxford

There isn't a game on the schedule that I'm confident in the Hogs winning other than Portland State.

They could easily go 1-11. I don't think it will happen, I'm sure they will eke out 4-8 or 5-7, but there is no reason to have any confidence in a bowl.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: DerekOxford on May 19, 2019, 08:31:37 pm
There isn't a game on the schedule that I'm confident in the Hogs winning other than Portland State.

They could easily go 1-11. I don't think it will happen, I'm sure they will eke out 4-8 or 5-7, but there is no reason to have any confidence in a bowl.

I disagree. I think we go to a bowl still.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 21, 2019, 10:09:13 am
I disagree. I think we go to a bowl still.

They might. But I'm going to have to see a TON of improvement in that second game against Ole Miss.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: DerekOxford on May 26, 2019, 09:25:45 pm
They might. But I'm going to have to see a TON of improvement in that second game against Ole Miss.

I think it will be a close game for sure.

AirWarren

SHOULD see some improvement. How much? Who knows.

Valleysports

July 14, 2019, 06:50:21 pm #89 Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:01:29 am by Valleysports
Between the lines.... 
Miami has as many 2021 commits as Arkansas does for 2020. 
SEC teams are reluctant to sign 3 star recruits a year out.
Top SEC Teams load up with 4-5 star recruits first, ex 2020 - Bama 16, LSU 15, Georgia 11, A&M 8, Auburn 7.  There is a list of 5 star players who've narrowed their Top 5 down to these teams.   

Gaining on the conference?
Arkansas has 11 commits for 2020 - nine are 3 star.  2021-0.
Arkansas 2018 recruits ranked 7th in West.
Arkansas 2019 ranked 6 in SEC West.
Arkansas 2020 sits at 7 in SEC West.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think we see some improvements this year I hope a lot of improvement. But you never can tell though.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on July 31, 2019, 09:47:52 am
Ready to see this quarterback battle begin.

Ben Hicks will start the game. Have a decent first half. Starkle will start the 4th quarter.

Valleysports

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 31, 2019, 07:21:17 pm
yep I'm ready to get it started

This QB Battle might be the most exciting thing, in Arkansas Football, since the motorcycle wreck.  :D

bdubyab60

One thing is for sure it's nice to have some that look like they can throw the football. We are gonna have to win a few games if we want the recruiting to pick up. Really slow it seems

Cabotfan

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2019, 09:42:45 pm
This QB Battle might be the most exciting thing, in Arkansas Football, since the motorcycle wreck.  :D

Sounds to me like they are throwing it more to the DBs than the WRs!

AirWarren

Valleysports

Quote from: Cabotfan on August 07, 2019, 12:35:36 pm
Sounds to me like they are throwing it more to the DBs than the WRs!

That's just to get the defense practice.  lol
That A&M 2nd string QB has an SEC arm..

beach bum

Is it true we are going to start Ben Hicks... If so not good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas