• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton vs Greenwood

Started by Topdog1, October 13, 2018, 09:00:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2018, 01:24:12 am
This is the last I will say on the subject. It has nothing to do with the game or the players. Greenwood is a good team and did beat Benton fair and square. I am just saying that the score was 55 to 33 with less than five minutes left the coach should have put the second team in and ran out the clock. If they scored great. I would not have said a word. Benton could not have scored 4 tds in five minutes. You guys are fighting so hard to justify it that your response tells me you actually agree. You don't have to get tacky and call me names. That only shows a lack of class on your part. Your coach is a great coach, I would never attack that aspect. I just felt that he was making a statement and he shouldn't have. I'm from Arkadelphia, I have good friends in Benton. I follow the team. I was there. Great game! I hope our teams meet again. I will be there if they do.
Did Benton have their starters in the game? Okay then.

Oldbadger

October 20, 2018, 08:14:22 am #101 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:20:38 am by Oldbadger
Quote from: Pr8hd on October 20, 2018, 07:52:36 am
Understood, but Benton despite the score difference in the end was there in it  til the last 9 min. Very dangerous team offensively- size, speed, good receivers, and Soph. QB was as good as some were touting him to be probably better. They gashed GW all night in the air. GW committed to stopping the run, and they did. Wallace getting dinged up some did that, but scheme had a lot to do with it.  Defensively, well they are not as good, had a bad night, or GW's offensive execution was just that good. 

Last thing I would mention on score....week prior Benton beat ED 62-35 (pretty much the same score as GW/Benton). Didn't Benton add one later in the game to push that differential as well?? They were up significantly also if I recall. So, don't cast stones at GW if you did the same thing as well against ED. It works both ways. Perhaps, CRJ stuck one to Harris on behalf of Reed? Who knows? I do agree he could have kicked a FG or run it, but he knows a thing more about what is happening on the field than me and/or looking at the big picture of things. I know their are certain coaches he likely has distaste for, such as when Floyd was at Shiloh comes to mind.

I do think Benton has a good team mostly and can handle WM on the other side of the bracket since WM is touting their defense (Benton Offense vs. WM Defense sounds like a good show to me worthy of the price of admission). So, if both teams take care of business the rest of the way, they may see each other again on the big stage.
You are right on the Edo score. except that Benton played their second and third string the entire last quarter. All 75 players on Bentons team played that night. I have had my say and that's the end of it. I am probably the only one who feels this way. But I have seen or know most of the coaches in the 6A. I don't know yours, only what I hear. So that's that. Congrats Greenwood! Go Panthers.
By the  way. Thanks for being adult about this conversation. That is something this country is sorely lacking in.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2018, 08:14:22 am
You are right on the Edo score. except that Benton played their second and third string the entire last quarter. All 75 players on Bentons team played that night. I have had my say and that's the end of it. I am probably the only one who feels this way. But I have seen or know most of the coaches in the 6A. I don't know yours, only what I hear. So that's that. Congrats Greenwood! Go Panthers.
By the  way. Thanks for being adult about this conversation. That is something this country is sorely lacking in.

I respect you for sticking up for your team and your posts. Benton will be fine. If I had to guess, I'd favor them to be in the semis for sure playing against WM for a ticket to the Rock.  Benton is a good team and the game was closer than the final score made it look.

RD™

Did Wallace get dinged up? Also the LB for Benton looks the part, but the strategy to play away from him really made the Benton defense look exposed. With that said, this was probably a preview of War Memorial.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2018, 08:14:22 am

Your first problem was saying Rick Jones has no class.  YOU started the name calling.  So don't start playing the "woe is me" card when you get jumped on.  Just congratulate the other team and move on.  When you start talking trash about our coach, you're gonna get it handed do you. 

Baitshop

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 20, 2018, 07:48:19 am
You are partially correct.... He's been the DUDE his entire life in everything he does!!! I hope last night shows everyone who the best player in 6A, and possibly the state is!!!

LOL.....whoa, whoa, whoa there, Dad. You need to slow your roll a bit....

No doubt, young Mr. Holt has had an outstanding year, but best (possible) player in the state reeks of a tad too much Blue Koolaid.... ;)

maxswine

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2018, 05:32:14 pm

No doubt, young Mr. Holt has had an outstanding year, but best (possible) player in the state reeks of a tad too much Blue Koolaid.... ;)

Holt is very good, but the best player in the state is a TE. 

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2018, 05:32:14 pm

Bait I have no dog in the fight. My son plays for a school in a different classification. I'm just going by the eye test and leading a team to wins.

You obviously just can't recognize and admit when a kid is just a great player.

Baitshop

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 20, 2018, 09:15:13 pm
Bait I have no dog in the fight. My son plays for a school in a different classification. I'm just going by the eye test and leading a team to wins.

You obviously just can't recognize and admit when a kid is just a great player.

I certainly acknowledge that he is having an outstanding year, but Rick Jones coached QB's have always had great statistical years. I'm not sure that he is the best player in the 6A, and in my opinion, he would not be one of the top 10 football players in the state. But, again, there is no denying that he is having a great year.

Something else that I am still doubtful about is that you ain't been sipping on some of that Blue Koolaid that they serve in Greenwood.... 8)

BadDogGHSDogPound

Nothing wrong with Blue Koolaid. Served everywhere in Greenwood! I'm still waiting for Lanny to come back and see his response. It's just not wise to pick against Rick Jones and the Bulldogs.

Topdog1

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2018, 09:53:05 pm
I certainly acknowledge that he is having an outstanding year, but Rick Jones coached QB's have always had great statistical years. I'm not sure that he is the best player in the 6A, and in my opinion, he would not be one of the top 10 football players in the state. But, again, there is no denying that he is having a great year.

Something else that I am still doubtful about is that you ain't been sipping on some of that Blue Koolaid that they serve in Greenwood.... 8)

The only thing that tight end has on Holt is size.  Had Holt been six foot every team in the nation would be knocking on his door. He has more athletic ability than most in your top ten I would bet.  You obviously haven't watched games and are going off stats alone.

maxswine

So, 3 inches kept him from getting offers from Arkansas, Stanford, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Michigan, LSU, Florida State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin?

I think Holt is really really good.  But I also think there's a little more than 3 inches from making him equal to the number one recruit in the state.   

Baitshop

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 20, 2018, 10:32:20 pm
The only thing that tight end has on Holt is size.  Had Holt been six foot every team in the nation would be knocking on his door. He has more athletic ability than most in your top ten I would bet.  You obviously haven’t watched games and are going off stats alone.

And you would be wrong on each and every account. AND, you also are a drunk on the Koolaid also....

Again, I have said on multiple occasions that young Mr. Holt is having an outstanding year and GW wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are without his play. But, that doesn't make him one of the 10 best players in the state...I'm sure that he is one of most valuable players on his team and is the motor that makes that offense run...

As far as whom I have seen around the state, I watch 4 or 5 game films a week on Hudl looking at Southside's upcoming games and potential playoff opponents. I assure you that I have seen more than stat sheets and can speak with authority about the quality of other big time players inside the state.

Once again, the kid has had an incredible statistical year, and from those stats and won/loss record would have to be considered to be having one of the best years in the state.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2018, 11:20:58 pm
And you would be wrong on each and every account. AND, you also are a drunk on the Koolaid also....

Again, I have said on multiple occasions that young Mr. Holt is having an outstanding year and GW wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are without his play. But, that doesn't make him one of the 10 best players in the state...I'm sure that he is one of most valuable players on his team and is the motor that makes that offense run...

As far as whom I have seen around the state, I watch 4 or 5 game films a week on Hudl looking at Southside's upcoming games and potential playoff opponents. I assure you that I have seen more than stat sheets and can speak with authority about the quality of other big time players inside the state.

Once again, the kid has had an incredible statistical year, and from those stats and won/loss record would have to be considered to be having one of the best years in the state.
lol, potential playoff opponents! Now that's funny Bait! Like it matters? Carry on! Now to young Mr. Holt. He is not a top ten player in the state. Baseball yes, football no. There are alot of players with D-1 offers in this state and Holt is not one of them. Great player and he makes GW offense click, but not D-1.

Topdog1

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2018, 11:20:58 pm

I guess at the end of the year you can direct me to ten Hudl season highlights that are better than his.  And yes absolutely colleges look at measurables. 

Baitshop

October 21, 2018, 12:23:14 pm #115 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:24:58 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Topdog1 on October 21, 2018, 07:56:46 am
  And yes absolutely colleges look at measurables. 

Well, then I am looking forward to him having to choose from those multiple D-1 offers.....

Just curious, what offers has he recieved to play baseball..??

Topdog1

Quote from: Baitshop on October 21, 2018, 12:23:14 pm
Well, then I am looking forward to him having to choose from those multiple D-1 offers.....

What offers do you think someone who bats over .600 for most of the season?  Finishes over .500?   Guess 5'7" doesn't factor into that either. 

High Voltage

October 21, 2018, 01:40:46 pm #117 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:47:02 pm by High Voltage
Quote from: Baitshop on October 21, 2018, 12:23:14 pm

I think he signed with La Tech, not sure though. "recieved"? Don't go after anyone else's grammar anymore, lololol! Mrs. Tarver wouldn't be proud Bait,just sayin! ;D

maxswine

I thought it was La-Lafayette. 

High Voltage

Oldbadger

Just a note: Greenwood did a great job stopping Benton in the run game last Friday. This was helped along by Wallace turning his ankle in the first quarter. Benton ended the game with 120 yards rushing with the other back gaining 92 yds and Wallace gaining only 28. However, there were questions concerning our sophomore QB that should be answered by now. He was averaging a little over 230 yds per game against Siloam, Hall and Eldo. At Greenwood his yardage was 23 completions for 377 yards. Pretty decent against a great Greenwood defense. Just wanted to share this info. I have never met this kid, don't know what he looks like, but he looks like the future for the Panthers for the next two years.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 21, 2018, 01:40:46 pm
I think he signed with La Tech, not sure though. "recieved"? Don't go after anyone else's grammar anymore, lololol! Mrs. Tarver wouldn't be proud Bait,just sayin! ;D

"Baitshop...young man....how many times do I have to tell you that it is "i" before "e" except after "c". Yes, Mrs. Tarver, I'm sorry."

Baitshop

October 21, 2018, 08:08:20 pm #122 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:11:33 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Topdog1 on October 21, 2018, 01:34:42 pm
What offers do you think someone who bats over .600 for most of the season?  Finishes over .500?   Guess 5'7" doesn't factor into that either. 

Don't know, but my son was 5'8", 155lb and hit .465 and got 4 offers....

So, what's your point....

Topdog1

Quote from: Baitshop on October 21, 2018, 08:08:20 pm
Don't know, but my son was 5'8", 155lb and hit .465 and got 4 offers....

So, what's your point....

To where?

Baitshop

...to where the 55 gallon drums of Blue Koolaid are stored?

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on October 21, 2018, 08:40:25 pm
...to where the 55 gallon drums of Blue Koolaid are stored?

Oh, you mean under Jim Rowland football stadium.

After all, GW owns that.  ;)

Don't slosh any on ya, don't want ya to mess around and mercy rule your pants.

Baitshop

Uh oh....we've been peeing in that barrel and putting it under the visitor stands.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 19, 2018, 08:29:15 am
GW will likely score on every possession. The pressure of Benton having to score every time to keep pace will put too much pressure on them and this will be another lopsided GW win. Once again it is GW at top of 6A and then a big gap to everyone else. 5A would be a much tougher classification for GW. 

GW owned 5A when they were in it! While they certainly have been successful in 6A they haven't owed it! PA has no competition in 5A. Besides PA has there been any other team in 5A team ranked in the state overall top 10?

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 19, 2018, 04:06:48 pm
In my opinion PA and a few others are much better competition year in and year out than what we see in the 6A behind GW this year. I could really care less what you think.

Name the teams other than PA that would be yearly title contenders in 6A.

Rob Van Winkle

October 22, 2018, 08:56:20 am #129 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:07:53 am by Rob Van Winkle
Hey Bait when I say Holt is the best player in 6A and possibly the state, I am not looking at D1 offers or projected college potential, I am talking about what is done on the football field each Friday night during the high school season. A kid can be the best player in the state and not play one down of college football. It happens.

When you watch the film and see the highlights, tell me who has been more impressive that Holt. I am not saying there are not other great players in the state because there are, but that kid is a highlight reel every single game.

And once again I don't have anything to do with Greenwood football. As a matter of fact I am jealous of their success....

Topdog1

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 21, 2018, 09:51:54 pm
Name the teams other than PA that would be yearly title contenders in 6A.

You did notice I said than what we see behind GW this year. The 6A doesn't look as strong to me this year except for GW. PB is having an awful year by their standards. WM is undefeated but has played no one of consequence. We shall see. GW in WMS by a bunch.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 22, 2018, 10:36:46 am
You did notice I said than what we see behind GW this year. The 6A doesn't look as strong to me this year except for GW. PB is having an awful year by their standards. WM is undefeated but has played no one of consequence. We shall see. GW in WMS by a bunch.

Now this year I agree 6A is way down. Not saying that because PB is struggling. This season I had predicted a 2 team race and once we fell out...WM appears to be the only thing standing to prevent GW's 2 peat. My gut tells me that come crunch time WM won't stand up I know GW will.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas