• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite Baseball

Started by Sporty, April 05, 2018, 11:53:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporty

What the heck is going on??

old.dole

I was wondering the same thing.

CURLEYWOLF24

KATV reported HAZING!!!! Been going on for years......

bleudog

Mulerider4Life

Hazing goes on with all sports to a certain extent. At least boys sports.

AirWarren

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on April 05, 2018, 03:21:23 pm
KATV reported HAZING!!!! Been going on for years......

I rode the bus in 7th grade and was hazed every day by the 12th graders. You just learn to
Swing and punch back even if you get your butt kicked. Then you get bigger and you can really stop that crap haha. Boys being boys.

Hopefully this crap clears up. Especially the sexual abuse allegations. Very fine line between boys being boys and sexual abuse.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on April 06, 2018, 03:34:49 pm
I rode the bus in 7th grade and was hazed every day by the 12th graders. You just learn to
Swing and punch back even if you get your butt kicked. Then you get bigger and you can really stop that crap haha. Boys being boys.

Hopefully this crap clears up. Especially the sexual abuse allegations. Very fine line between boys being boys and sexual abuse.

Bauxite has had some high turnover with the administration. They need to get some good people in there.

Central Ark

Quote from: AirWarren on April 06, 2018, 03:34:49 pm

If the rumors are true, this is much more than boys being boys.

AirWarren

Quote from: Central Ark on April 06, 2018, 04:51:32 pm
If the rumors are true, this is much more than boys being boys.

No crap.

bleudog

Nomad1324

"Fight Club Culture"

Not words you want to hear when talking about high school athletics.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Nomad1324 on April 09, 2018, 12:04:25 pm
"Fight Club Culture"

Not words you want to hear when talking about high school athletics.

Sounds like they need to fire the staff and start from scratch!

Chief_Osceola™

If there was any kind of abuse going on, that is terrible and those responsible should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  However, one thing bothered me, and I may have missed something but did I read correctly that some student athletes were suspended without due process?  From what I think I understood, a few students were suspended while this is being investigated.  Is that correct?

bleudog

Mulerider4Life

Wow! This is good news! This establishes a zero tolerance policy.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 09, 2018, 03:14:18 pm
If there was any kind of abuse going on, that is terrible and those responsible should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  However, one thing bothered me, and I may have missed something but did I read correctly that some student athletes were suspended without due process?  From what I think I understood, a few students were suspended while this is being investigated.  Is that correct?

That is a school board decision.  They do not have to be guilty in a court of law. The due process is a majority vote to expel or suspend.  The school district is still responsible for providing the students with an education. Most districts place students in alternative learning education (ALE) Due to the cost.  The student is separated from the general population and all activities.

LeftyWorld

So with what I heard last night is there is not video evidence of the alledged abuse?

bleudog

April 12, 2018, 10:53:27 am #17 Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:58:43 am by bleudog
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 09, 2018, 03:14:18 pm

Almost all public schools in Arkansas use the same set of model policies as a base document.  The link is Bauxite's.  The process outline for suspension and expulsion are in sections 4.30 and 4.31.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FTqMwfu0XUTD8rJE0jalgF4U4Buo5Mg_uj5j81240Pk/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs

Chief_Osceola™

Got it. Thank y'all for the clarification.

I was curious because I've seen and read about many students being denied due process with the presumption of guilt rather than the other way around. And while it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, it happens relatively often on college campuses with the kangaroo courts know as student disciplinary boards.

3shooter

Here is the dilly Yo! "ALLEGEDLY" March 2nd these kids was on a bus from Mena. Did some horse playing , maybe hazing. They got punished and had to run foul poles. "HUNCHALLY" March 9th the JV team was coming home from Malvern. "ALLEGEDLY" There a kid had his junk twisted and it led to a physical altercation. This kids parent "ALLEGEDLY" called and reported it. This bus had some kids of kin to Coaches and other faculty members. This is when as a mandated reporter SO and So had to report something. After some thought and discussions they assumed it would be better to report the bus that had already been in trouble. "ALLEGEDLY" this is when operation "COVERUP" began. This is why no videos are to be seen. And the school board consists of saline county's finest(WINK) not to mention a state police/special investigator. IRONIC?"ALLEGEDLY" the coach was fired and rehired   2 hours later when he threatened to do some unrevealing. Now they on paid vacation!!!!3 Kids Expelled!!! 3 had to be shamed and miss ball season and prom. "ALLEGEDLY" Punishment was based on statements made from statements from kids when their parents wasn't present.  "ALLEGEDLY" Bauxite is covering up a lot more than just that.  That's bout all I want to say bout that.

RabidWolf

...what did I just read?

Mulerider4Life

Drain the swamp at Bauxite.

Maynard G Krebs

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: 3shooter on April 22, 2018, 01:12:09 am
Here is the dilly Yo! "ALLEGEDLY" March 2nd these kids was on a bus from Mena. Did some horse playing , maybe hazing. They got punished and had to run foul poles. "HUNCHALLY" March 9th the JV team was coming home from Malvern. "ALLEGEDLY" There a kid had his junk twisted and it led to a physical altercation. This kids parent "ALLEGEDLY" called and reported it. This bus had some kids of kin to Coaches and other faculty members. This is when as a mandated reporter SO and So had to report something. After some thought and discussions they assumed it would be better to report the bus that had already been in trouble. "ALLEGEDLY" this is when operation "COVERUP" began. This is why no videos are to be seen. And the school board consists of saline county's finest(WINK) not to mention a state police/special investigator. IRONIC?"ALLEGEDLY" the coach was fired and rehired   2 hours later when he threatened to do some unrevealing. Now they on paid vacation!!!!3 Kids Expelled!!! 3 had to be shamed and miss ball season and prom. "ALLEGEDLY" Punishment was based on statements made from statements from kids when their parents wasn't present.  "ALLEGEDLY" Bauxite is covering up a lot more than just that.  That's bout all I want to say bout that.

Repeat this in English please!!! Allegedly a coat hangar was used!!

beaverfan007

I know when I was in school especially at football practice if 2 players got in a fight the coaches would let them go at it for a minute or two then when they blew the whistle it was over and it didn't go any further

3shooter

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on April 23, 2018, 08:26:56 pm

Repeat this in English please!!! Allegedly a coat hangar was used!!
The coat hanger was broken up in different pieces and used to jab the freshmen on the Mena bus. that was what they was punished for. They was made to run foul poles. The Hanger was not used for what they said.  None ya ever wonder how they said there is video evidence but they wont release it? They thought everyone was going role over. The Bauxite Basketball coach sent a kid home in nothing but underwear and that video was "destroyed by electrical surge" that ther is record of. Bauxite is shady!!!!!!! Racist!!!They will cover up for faculty so Quick!!

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: 3shooter on April 24, 2018, 11:48:12 pm
The coat hanger was broken up in different pieces and used to jab the freshmen on the Mena bus. that was what they was punished for. They was made to run foul poles. The Hanger was not used for what they said.  None ya ever wonder how they said there is video evidence but they wont release it? They thought everyone was going role over. The Bauxite Basketball coach sent a kid home in nothing but underwear and that video was "destroyed by electrical surge" that ther is record of. Bauxite is shady!!!!!!! Racist!!!They will cover up for faculty so Quick!!

Bauxite does have a history of racism. But I could say the same about Glen Rose.

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas