• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZback

Had some better performances last night but just not good enough yet to get it done.  Yeah injuries hurt but that is always part of football.  Depth and keeping composure during adverse conditions is part of getting to a winning place.  Some coach needs to teach Storey that if you run the ball in the SEC you are going to get hammered and we cannot afford to go back to Kelley.  Storey tries hard, doesn't have a great arm but the gameplan seems to be organized around what he does well, we need to keep him in the game.  All season coaches have talked about need for better protection and then you hang your QB out to dry a couple of plays and haven't coached him to get down apparently.

AirWarren

51,438. In wet, cold, "terrible place" conditions....

Largest crowd the hogs have played in front of all year.

Way to show up LR/central ARK/south ark and the fans that traveled from the north. 

RZback

So are we still favored to beat Tulsa? 66% last I saw.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: RZback on October 15, 2018, 08:41:55 pm
So are we still favored to beat Tulsa? 66% last I saw.
Pretty sad odds when you're an SEC team playing at home in October against a 1 win AAC team

bleudog

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 15, 2018, 09:11:52 pm
Pretty sad odds when you're an SEC team playing at home in October against a 1 win AAC team

So looks like just slightly in our favor at home.  Boy, that is a bummer.

bleudog

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 15, 2018, 09:11:52 pm

Well one team is going to chalk up win number two.

RZback

Want to know what one of our problems in Arkansas football is.  Listening to Bo Mattingly while taking care of a business call this afternoon.  Arkansas call in fans are just plain ignorant.

AirWarren

Quote from: RZback on October 16, 2018, 04:55:14 pm
Want to know what one of our problems in Arkansas football is.  Listening to Bo Mattingly while taking care of a business call this afternoon.  Arkansas call in fans are just plain ignorant.

Yup. Slap full of uneducated morons.

cuckoobird

And if you listen to mattingly you is one...

AirWarren

Redwolves8526

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 08:04:13 am
Arkansas' favorite pencil neck.

Haha, got a good laugh out of this one.

Who will start if Storey cannot go? Im rooting for Noland. If he plays in this game, will he still be able to redshirt?

cuckoobird

I wouldn't waist a year of playing time on this year but I would love to see morris do it

Redwolves8526

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2018, 12:56:35 pm
I wouldn't waist a year of playing time on this year but I would love to see morris do it

Absolutely not, but with the new redshirt rule, I wasn't sure if he could play in this game and still have the ability to redshirt.

footballfan-tastic

If Arkansas can win this game they better do whatever it takes to get the W. If it means Noland plays then he plays whether he losses a year or not.  To be honest, with the recruits we think we are getting none of the current guys may have much playing time in their future unless they improve greatly.  Go get this win, whatever it takes.

AirWarren

Kelly Bryant coming to Fayetteville this weekend. He says he is excited to see what Arkansas has to offer.

Surely the fans can show him more than 42k in a half empty stadium that can hold 76k.

footballfan-tastic

I'm curious as to the planing behind recruitinf KB.  If he comes I would think he would be the starter, otherwise why leave where he is and why come here or anywhere else unless he's sure he is starting.  So, he comes in and has 1 season, what about the other recruits at the QB spot?  Do they stay, or leave, do the other incoming recruits at QB come or opt for some other school rather than wait?

bleudog

October 17, 2018, 05:05:27 pm #817 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:07:43 pm by bleudog
Quote from: footballfan-tastic on October 17, 2018, 04:32:44 pm
I'm curious as to the planing behind recruitinf KB.  If he comes I would think he would be the starter, otherwise why leave where he is and why come here or anywhere else unless he's sure he is starting.  So, he comes in and has 1 season, what about the other recruits at the QB spot?  Do they stay, or leave, do the other incoming recruits at QB come or opt for some other school rather than wait?

Recruiting long term OBs might be iffy until Morris' son decides what he wants to do.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/chad-morris-son-2020-qb-recruit-chandler-morris-lands-offer-clemson/

Back to Bryant: 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/kelly-bryant-says-hes-looking-forward-to-seeing-what-arkansas-has-to-offer/

bigworm

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on October 17, 2018, 03:17:17 pm
If Arkansas can win this game they better do whatever it takes to get the W. If it means Noland plays then he plays whether he losses a year or not.  To be honest, with the recruits we think we are getting none of the current guys may have much playing time in their future unless they improve greatly.  Go get this win, whatever it takes.

The way i undestand it, they can play 4 games. He has only played in one didmt he?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Ty Storey out against Tulsa. Hopefully Noland will start since it's against a team like them and can show us what someone more built for Morris's offense than Kelley or Story can do

AirWarren

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm putting my money on kelley.

bigworm

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 19, 2018, 05:04:16 pm
Ty Storey out against Tulsa. Hopefully Noland will start since it's against a team like them and can show us what someone more built for Morris's offense than Kelley or Story can do

How is Connor more built for morris offense than story? Id go along with him being more built than kelly for sure though.

Thats a question. Not a slap.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigworm on October 19, 2018, 06:29:28 pm
How is Connor more built for morris offense than story? Id go along with him being more built than kelly for sure though.

Thats a question. Not a slap.

Storey has earned my respect big time. Kid may like to get his bell rung, be he is one tough guy and he has had zero problem showing his team that he is our best QB.

AirWarren

Just got a picture of the crowd up there. 30 min before kickoff.

Sad.

JacketFan

I often wonder what Hog football would have been if Pearl Harbor never happened.  To explain, arguably the greatest college coach of all time, Bear Bryant was born in Moro Bottom Arkansas, was a great high school player, played college ball at Alabama, and started coaching after that.  Long story short, Bryant was offered the head coaching job at Arkansas, but turned it down to join the Navy to serve his country, and we all know the rest of the story.  So yes, the greatest coach of all time was a Arkansas boy, and we missed out on him because of war.  The first of many bad breaks for the Hogs.  Sorry for the long post, Go Hogs.

bdubyab60

Hog walk was empty. Stands are empty. Storey is out Noland to start. Whaley out. Then you find out last week Morris left Williams off the roster to bring a supposedly injured Hammonds.

I question some of the decision making by this staff especially being conservative when trying to win games.

Not sure how to read this staff at all

bdubyab60

A few more fans have rushed in.

Just get a win

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 11:09:51 am
My buddy says maybe 40k.
What it looks like now. They are in to the game though.

What is it with kickers these days.

Good job by the defense to hold on the short field.

Does anyone else think that Cornelius has checked out

bdubyab60

AirWarren

Not impressed by what I see out of the QB.

gameoflife

So I thought Kelley was the announced starter? Has he already been replaced or did Noland start.

AirWarren

Quote from: gameoflife on October 20, 2018, 11:22:31 am
So I thought Kelley was the announced starter? Has he already been replaced or did Noland start.
Noland started.

bdubyab60

Quote from: gameoflife on October 20, 2018, 11:22:31 am
Even last week Noland had been getting more reps than  Kelley

gameoflife

A smart move.  Kelley needs to stay on the sideline.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 11:21:15 am
Not impressed by what I see out of the QB.
Getting a little better. A lot of confusion on the line on some of these run plays as well. They are gonna make us pass as much as they can so Noland is gonna have to make good decisions

sportsguy80

Yeah I'm here and the crowd looks a little better but not like it should. Glad we're on the board with that kick.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: sportsguy80 on October 20, 2018, 11:37:57 am
Yeah I'm here and the crowd looks a little better but not like it should. Glad we're on the board with that kick.
Id like to see is take a shot at the EZ

gameoflife

My Gosh.  Somebody tell KB the bill on a cap goes in front.

gameoflife

Tulsa QB is having problems hitting open receivers.  Another help to us. 

bdubyab60

AirWarren

bdubyab60

gameoflife

Hey, Morris sent the dumb kid to the locker room?  I got to give him some credit for that move.  You cant' keep doing stupid things on field and getting away with it.  You hurting your team. 

gameoflife

We should thank the lord that Tulsa is pretty bad.  I can almost smell a win.

AirWarren

Quote from: gameoflife on October 20, 2018, 11:54:02 am
Hey, Morris sent the dumb kid to the locker room?  I got to give him some credit for that move.  You cant' keep doing stupid things on field and getting away with it.  You hurting your team. 

Yup. We have to keep culling these terrible attitudes.

Saw TJ on crutches.

AirWarren

I don't see Kelly Bryant choosing Arkansas.

bdubyab60

Having to check scores on my phone why's Kelley throwing lol

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 12:32:39 pm
I don't see Kelly Bryant choosing Arkansas.
I don't either. But we could sure use him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas