• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fouke Panther Basketball

Started by BigFoot, November 28, 2017, 07:16:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFoot

Just like football, we have a younger team. Looks to be missing some of the kids that quit basketball offseason during football. Any idea why so many kids are already opting out? I've heard the term "Daddy Ball"" thrown around quite a bit.

beach bum

Quote from: BigFoot on November 28, 2017, 07:16:33 pm
Just like football, we have a younger team. Looks to be missing some of the kids that quit basketball offseason during football. Any idea why so many kids are already opting out? I've heard the term "Daddy Ball"" thrown around quite a bit.

From my experience when it is mass quitting its because of a coach with an ego problem that thinks a little too highly of himself.... I know nothing about Fouke's situation so I could be way off base there. That is just the situation when I have seen mass quitting in numbers before.

PapaHog

BasketballFan2A

NWA Hawg

Look back in the forum for the past 3 years at this exact same time. It's the same discussion every year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigFoot on November 28, 2017, 07:16:33 pm
Just like football, we have a younger team. Looks to be missing some of the kids that quit basketball offseason during football. Any idea why so many kids are already opting out? I’ve heard the term “Daddy Ball”” thrown around quite a bit.
You make kids choose between football and basketball offseason?

SCHawg

Basketball coaches have the biggest egos of any sport.  I know Fouke girls are pretty decent

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SCHawg on November 30, 2017, 10:26:12 am
Basketball coaches have the biggest egos of any sport.  I know Fouke girls are pretty decent

Really???? I would have to go with footbal.

SCHawg

Quote from: fann07 on November 30, 2017, 10:32:14 am
Really???? I would have to go with footbal.
I would probably say girls basketball coaches

beach bum

Quote from: SCHawg on November 30, 2017, 12:42:40 pm
I would probably say girls basketball coaches

This.... Little man syndrome is what they have.

SCHawg

BigFoot

Another year, another struggle. This has been hard to watch. Losing to some teams that we should have beaten and getting absolutely blown out in other games. A lot of the 10th graders and even juniors quit before it even got started. Didn't like the coach or the situation with the coach's son. Seems like it's a one man show out there and the "Captain" is given a green light undeservedly. Happens to be the coach's son.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigFoot on January 07, 2018, 08:13:05 am
Another year, another struggle. This has been hard to watch. Losing to some teams that we should have beaten and getting absolutely blown out in other games. A lot of the 10th graders and even juniors quit before it even got started. Didn't like the coach or the situation with the coach's son. Seems like it's a one man show out there and the "Captain" is given a green light undeservedly. Happens to be the coach's son.
No matter the coach at Fouke it's the same story. Kids and parents don't like the coach so everyone quits. Way to go Fouke.

SCHawg

Quote from: BigFoot on January 07, 2018, 08:13:05 am
Was he the best player?  Always ask yourself that before you gripe about a kid getting the majority of the shots.

BigFoot

He was not even close to being the best player. We will have a great boys coach this year. He has done great for our girls basketball program.

SCHawg

Quote from: BigFoot on May 23, 2018, 12:11:43 pm
He was not even close to being the best player. We will have a great boys coach this year. He has done great for our girls basketball program.
Who is gonna coach the girls?

BigFoot

Same guy. He is coaching boys and girls!

SCHawg

Quote from: BigFoot on May 24, 2018, 08:00:20 am
Same guy. He is coaching boys and girls!
Oh.  Well from the looks of watching your girls play a couple of times that will be good.  Love his style of play. 

BigFoot

Quote from: SCHawg on May 24, 2018, 08:46:56 am
Oh.  Well from the looks of watching your girls play a couple of times that will be good.  Love his style of play.

Best basketball coach Fouke has EVER had! Best coach in conference, also!

HorseFeathers

That's unusual for a 3a school to have 1 guy coaching both...

WorkOrder

Quote from: BigFoot on August 19, 2018, 08:08:20 pm
Best basketball coach Fouke has EVER had! Best coach in conference, also!

James Smith is the best boys coach Fouke has ever had.............. I watched him beat teams he had no business even being on the floor with. Don't get it twisted. Williams may be the best girls coach Fouke has ever had, but not the best boys coach. May have a chance to be the best boys coach, but not just yet.

BigFoot

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 01, 2018, 12:57:26 pm
James Smith is the best boys coach Fouke has ever had.............. I watched him beat teams he had no business even being on the floor with. Don't get it twisted. Williams may be the best girls coach Fouke has ever had, but not the best boys coach. May have a chance to be the best boys coach, but not just yet.

Yes, James IS the best boys coach ever! Hard to dispute that, at all. Wonder who Williams' assistant will be for the boys. He hasn't had a good one on the girls side since that first one left.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas