• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland Tourney Nov 17-19

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 25, 2016, 10:16:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Bearcats will host a tournament Nov17-19
Teams include
Monticello, Har-Ber, Cabot, Wynne, Nettleton, Paragould, Ark Baptist

Bearcats looked good in scrimmage tonight

hsindian

Does Brookland have a new gym or is the one attached to the auditorium their main gym?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: hsindian on October 26, 2016, 09:08:25 am
Does Brookland have a new gym or is the one attached to the auditorium their main gym?

We have a new Gymnasium that is in processes of construction. I believe they are working on the foundation right now.should be playing in it next season. We are still playing in the one attached to auditorium this season.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Olfan...will this be a boys tournament, girls tournament or both?

Oldref

Unbelievable the growth that is happening at Brookland. They doing a good job just keeping a roof over everyone's head since they are growing so fast. I remember back in my day Brookland and Valley view were B schools  and out in the country. Now those two are growing about as fast as any schools in the state. Expect them both to continue with the growth of Jonesboro feeding their districts. I have been impressed with the new facilities they have built and are continuing to build. I know they gym they are building will be nice. Should be a great tournament hope I can make it to a couple of games........olfan save me a seat!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on October 26, 2016, 12:21:27 pm
Olfan...will this be a boys tournament, girls tournament or both?

Just Boys I believe

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on October 26, 2016, 12:49:36 pm
Unbelievable the growth that is happening at Brookland. They doing a good job just keeping a roof over everyone's head since they are growing so fast. I remember back in my day Brookland and Valley view were B schools  and out in the country. Now those two are growing about as fast as any schools in the state. Expect them both to continue with the growth of Jonesboro feeding their districts. I have been impressed with the new facilities they have built and are continuing to build. I know they gym they are building will be nice. Should be a great tournament hope I can make it to a couple of games........olfan save me a seat!!

Oldref you are welcome at Brookland anytime!! Congrats on Bays wins last night!!
Let me know when your coming , I'll save you a seat and buy you a popcorn.
I Went and watched meet the Bearcats scrimmage last night , we will be young with one Sr. on both Boys and Girls teams. Jr teams should be competitive also. Jr girls lost a 5'10 8th grade starter to ACL last month. I talked to Loflin last night and she is hoping to be back by January for Sr. Girls

The new gym should be really nice, big enough to host State from what I hear.
Jr teams start their season at Valley View Jr Tourney Nov 7th, 8th, 10th
Sr. Boys open up vs Cabot 11/17
Sr. Girls open up at Rivercrest 11/14

OB11

That's a pretty good tournament field.  Was a little surprised Brookland would be hosting a tournament like that in their current gym.  Should make for a great atmosphere though...I bet that place will be packed.  May have to make the short walk from my front door to Bearcat gymnasium. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OB11 on October 27, 2016, 01:09:51 pm
That's a pretty good tournament field.  Was a little surprised Brookland would be hosting a tournament like that in their current gym.  Should make for a great atmosphere though...I bet that place will be packed.  May have to make the short walk from my front door to Bearcat gymnasium.

Yes sir, it's going to a very strong field, I'm excited to have these teams come and play!!
Coach Gross is probably setting the tone for next year and years to come with high quality competition in and playing  new Gymnasium. He definitely has some talent coming up.

NEA Razorback olfan

Shout out to Brookland Lady Bearcats over  Huntsville 3-1 in State Volleyball Championship today!!
;D

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 29, 2016, 02:56:59 pm
Shout out to Brookland Lady Bearcats over  Huntsville 3-1 in State Volleyball Championship today!!
;D
Congrats, going to try & make it over for tournament 1 night.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on November 06, 2016, 08:32:46 pm
Congrats, going to try & make it over for tournament 1 night.

Welcome anytime at Brookland Head Lion!!

tmycjy

November 16, 2016, 07:37:19 pm #12 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:39:03 pm by tmycjy
Hey can someone tell me when Who Wynne plays in the opening round and what time

NEA Razorback olfan

11/17 
4:00 Nettleton vs vs Cabot
5:30 Prep Baptist vs Paragould
7:00 Brookland vs Wynne
8:30 Har-Ber vs Monticello

pridgehog

Will there be a live feed for these games tonight?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: pridgehog on November 17, 2016, 08:15:28 am
Will there be a live feed for these games tonight?

Not that I'm aware of

Head Lion

NEA, do you know if they will use the same times for Saturday?

OB11

OB11

Billie Blue

NEA Razorback olfan

Cabot over Nettleton 67-65

Half
Wynne 25
Brookland 26

NEA Razorback olfan

Ark Prep over Paragould by around 20

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Billie Blue

Big Fan

Quote from: Billie Blue on November 17, 2016, 08:47:26 pm
Monticello score?
Apparently everyone has gone home to watch the football game.

Billie Blue

Quote from: Big Fan on November 17, 2016, 09:22:35 pm
Apparently everyone has gone home to watch the football game.
Seems that way

NEA Razorback olfan

Har-Ber was up around 8 after start of 4th qtr

Big Fan

NEA Razorback olfan

After 1 qtr
Brookland 11
Monticello 11

NEA Razorback olfan

Billie Blue

Is this a double elimination tournament and did Monticello win or lose last night

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe it's  3 game guarantee

Monticello lost to Har-Ber last night

NEA Razorback olfan

LRRandy

4A Baptist Prep beats defending 7A state champ Cabot by 1.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Nettleton 59
Brookland 33
F

Cabot 75
Wynne 50
F

NEA Razorback olfan

Championship Game
Har-Ber 45
Baptist Prep 53
F

NEA Razorback olfan

I really enjoyed watching all the teams participating in the Brookland Southern Bank Tournament.
I would like to thank all teams for coming. I believe all the teams got some very good games in early in the season. Safe travels back and I hope all the teams have a great season.
Congrats to Baptists Prep on winning the Championship game. I believe everyone that participated in this tourney will benefit in one way or another. Again Thank you for coming!

From a Brookland Fan

biglion1985

Sounds like prep is gonna make another run at state this year congrats to them

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 19, 2016, 10:18:26 pm
I really enjoyed watching all the teams participating in the Brookland Southern Bank Tournament.
I would like to thank all teams for coming. I believe all the teams got some very good games in early in the season. Safe travels back and I hope all the teams have a great season.
Congrats to Baptists Prep on winning the Championship game. I believe everyone that participated in this tourney will benefit in one way or another. Again Thank you for coming!

From a Brookland Fan
Well said NEA+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas