• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South 2017

Started by Youngsta71701, August 11, 2017, 09:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

5A South fans, give me order of finish prediction from 1st to 8th in the 5A South. Here is my serious list instead of my super optimistic list ;D.

1. Watson Chapel
2. Camden Fairview
3. Magnolia
4. Hot Springs Lakeside
5. White Hall
6. De Queen
7. Hot Springs
8. Hope

I would swap Magnolia and Camden Fairview around but my pride wouldn't let me. Lol...Thought and predictions please. Go...

RamAlum10

Coming from a Lakeside Alum, so I am bias as well.  I like the fact that we get CF at home.  My alma mater vs dad's alma mater.. oughta be a good one!  I like the way our schedule shakes out this year.  Get Watson at home (hope we can hang with their speed), CF at home, and Malvern at home.  Lakeside is usually athletically challenged, but McBride makes up with it by utilizing what we have/play calls/and players Football IQ.

1. Watson Chapel
2. Magnolia
3. HS Lakeside
4. Camden Fairview
5. White Hall
6. De Queen
7. Hot Springs
8. Hope

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RamAlum10 on August 11, 2017, 10:20:51 am
Coming from a Lakeside Alum, so I am bias as well.  I like the fact that we get CF at home.  My alma mater vs dad's alma mater.. oughta be a good one!  I like the way our schedule shakes out this year.  Get Watson at home (hope we can hang with their speed), CF at home, and Malvern at home.  Lakeside is usually athletically challenged, but McBride makes up with it by utilizing what we have/play calls/and players Football IQ.

1. Watson Chapel
2. Magnolia
3. HS Lakeside
4. Camden Fairview
5. White Hall
6. De Queen
7. Hot Springs
8. Hope
Looks good. I think a lot of people are sleeping Magnolia. Those guys are super fast. I guess with them it will just come down to coaching and being organized. You remember when Watson Chapel had the fastest team every year but they were just so unorganized.

GuvHog

1. Watson Chapel
2. H.S. Lakeside
3. White Hall
4. Magnolia
5. Camden Fairview
6. De Queen
7. Hot Springs
8. Hope

Watson Chapel isn't unorganized any more and they just got a shot in the arm up front when a 6'4 314 pound lineman that transferred to Pine Bluff after last season and was tabbed as a starter for the Zebras this season, changed his mind and came back to Chapel this summer.

Lakeside will be good as they always are under their current HC.

Don't sleep on White Hall, they have a bunch of returning starters so they'll be better than last season. I agree Magnolia has speed but don't count out Camden Fairview either

Hogman2018

Magnolia lost a cornerback he moved to Texarkana!!

NWA Hawg

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 12:57:21 pm
1. Watson Chapel
2. H.S. Lakeside
3. White Hall
4. Magnolia
5. Camden Fairview
6. De Queen
7. Hot Springs
8. Hope

Watson Chapel isn't unorganized any more and they just got a shot in the arm up front when a 6'4 314 pound lineman that transferred to Pine Bluff after last season and was tabbed as a starter for the Zebras this season, changed his mind and came back to Chapel this summer.

Lakeside will be good as they always are under their current HC.

Don't sleep on White Hall, they have a bunch of returning starters so they'll be better than last season. I agree Magnolia has speed but don't count out Camden Fairview either
Sounds like the South should be a lot of fun this year.

RamAlum10

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 11, 2017, 12:15:46 pm
Looks good. I think a lot of people are sleeping Magnolia. Those guys are super fast. I guess with them it will just come down to coaching and being organized. You remember when Watson Chapel had the fastest team every year but they were just so unorganized.

Yup! Magnolia/WC are always ATHLETIC, but very unorganized like you said.  Its a crap shoot, trying to figure out if they're going to play well or not.. and if they do, will they be consistent?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: fann07 on August 11, 2017, 02:10:22 pm
Name?

If its the one I have heard is moving then that would hurt magnolia. Not a season killer for sure but defiantly a solid player you hate to lose.

Hogman2018

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 11, 2017, 03:02:29 pm
Last  name is Dunn!

That's the one I was thinking of. Is that 100 percent or just the rumor that's floating around? Did he go to Arkansas or Texas high?

Hogman2018

Not a rumor he is at AHS!

Neckred

All teams are down this year IMO.  Conference is gonna be pretty weak

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on August 11, 2017, 10:54:03 pm
All teams are down this year IMO.  Conference is gonna be pretty weak
All teams were down last year also until Watson Chapel made it to the semi's. ;)

Neckred

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 12, 2017, 08:09:27 am
All teams were down last year also until Watson Chapel made it to the semi's. ;)
no White Hall was way improved and Magnolia was improved and Chapel was better.  This year every team should be worse

GuvHog

Quote from: Neckred on August 12, 2017, 10:08:12 am
no White Hall was way improved and Magnolia was improved and Chapel was better.  This year every team should be worse

No, WC, White Hall, and Magnolia should be better.

Neckred

I would say WC will be worse for sure and the other two about the same.  Magnolia lost a pretty good senior class and don't have many starters returning. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2017, 09:58:07 am
I would say WC will be worse for sure and the other two about the same.  Magnolia lost a pretty good senior class and don't have many starters returning. 

What makes you believe WC will be worse??

FBFan92

Don't sleep on Hot Springs!

Look A Here

Chapel will be okay this year.  They'll do some typical stuff they do and slip up here or there.  But they'll be the team in the South this year.

Neckred

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2017, 11:08:00 am
What makes you believe WC will be worse??
Lost a lot of starters and inexperienced QB

Neckred

GuvHog

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2017, 01:41:36 pm
Lost a lot of starters and inexperienced QB

They didn't lose as many starters as you might think.

jakobi Jackson is a Senior 3 year starter at QB.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2017, 09:58:07 am
WC should be better this year,But you never know.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 14, 2017, 07:51:26 pm
WC should be better this year,But you never know.
Yep, you never know with them. They can be an enigma.

Neckred

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2017, 04:10:07 pm

Oh wow they let him back on the team????

GhostofRosswoodCC

HAHAHA

Seriously///   
None of yall have a clue/  White Hall rolled through this conference last year and they will be better this year.
If not for a Fluke pass from a kid that cusses out coaches and gets kicked off of team, They would have swept the conference.
Also
Lakeside?  Did White Hall not hang 60 or 70 on them>?  come on man

Seriously though, from all indications this could be the fastest team White Hall has ever had.

I will visit back in a few weeks....

AHS06

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 15, 2017, 10:38:15 am
HAHAHA

Seriously///   
None of yall have a clue/  White Hall rolled through this conference last year and they will be better this year.
If not for a Fluke pass from a kid that cusses out coaches and gets kicked off of team, They would have swept the conference.
Also
Lakeside?  Did White Hall not hang 60 or 70 on them>?  come on man

Seriously though, from all indications this could be the fastest team White Hall has ever had.

I will visit back in a few weeks....
I believe this conference will be the winner of WH and WC.

Neckred

White Hall got beat first round of playoffs which was no shock.  They played a lot of teams last year when they were not healthy.  Lance Smith is a huge loss for them.  They will still be very solid though. 

GhostofRosswoodCC

Quote from: AHS06 on August 15, 2017, 10:44:55 am
I believe this conference will be the winner of WH and WC.

Agree/ pretty normal for the last century

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 15, 2017, 02:21:19 pm
Agree/ pretty normal for the last century
Why do I smell sarcasm here... :-\

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2017, 04:10:07 pm

well considering Dutton said in the paper that he wasn't even the starter, guess you have to come up with another reason to think WC won't be down this year! heck! #iknownothing and i knew jackson wasn't going to start

Youngsta71701

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 16, 2017, 09:49:24 am
well considering Dutton said in the paper that he wasn't even the starter, guess you have to come up with another reason to think WC won't be down this year! heck! #iknownothing and i knew jackson wasn't going to start
Like my man Tmycjy always says..."Only time will tell"

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 16, 2017, 01:07:51 pm
Like my man Tmycjy always says..."Only time will tell"
Yep only time will tell.I'm sure ready for the time to get here.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 16, 2017, 11:48:38 pm
Yep only time will tell.I'm sure ready for the time to get here.
In the famous words of Bart Scott "Can't Wait!"

Look A Here

I think the giant has slept long enough in this conference...Fairview might be overlooked by many, but I feel like they shake it up a bit this year and finish easily top two or three

Chief_Osceola™

AHS06

Quote from: Look A Here on August 17, 2017, 10:19:50 am
I think the giant has slept long enough in this conference...Fairview might be overlooked by many, but I feel like they shake it up a bit this year and finish easily top two or three
They better wake up this year.  There will be a new giant in this conference next year. 

old.dole

Cf is missing in a couple key spots. Will someone step into those spots? If so they can finish 1 or 2 imo

GuvHog

Quote from: Neckred on August 15, 2017, 08:29:49 am
Oh wow they let him back on the team????

Yeah, he and coach Dutton talked and coach let him back on the team with a stern warning about his behavior. If Jakobi messes up again like he did last year, there will not be a 3rd chance for him.

GuvHog

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 16, 2017, 09:49:24 am

They have been very high on the Sophomore Curry. As talented as Jakobi was last year, if Curry is starting ahead of him that means Curry is flat out phenomenal. Heck, Jakobi was suspended for the first half against Warren last year but started the second half at QB and wreaked havoc on the Lumberjack defense.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: old.dole on August 17, 2017, 07:13:12 pm
Cf is missing in a couple key spots. Will someone step into those spots? If so they can finish 1 or 2 imo
Just curious. What are those couple key spots? I wanna see if we're thinking the same thing.

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 17, 2017, 08:39:38 pm
They have been very high on the Sophomore Curry. As talented as Jakobi was last year, if Curry is starting ahead of him that means Curry is flat out phenomenal. Heck, Jakobi was suspended for the first half against Warren last year but started the second half at QB and wreaked havoc on the Lumberjack defense.
You must be thinking of another game! The only reason that game was close is because of a blocked punt returned for a touchdown and a punt return for a touchdown. If Warren doesn't have those two miscues that game is a blowout! The reason the Curry kid is starting is because he was the only QB that practiced all summer and, from what I am told, is the only QB that showed up to practices before school started. hard to name a kid the starting QB after he cusses a coach out, transfers to another school, comes back and doesn't show up for practice. or maybe that's just me #iknownothing

Look A Here

Quote from: AHS06 on August 17, 2017, 11:34:29 am
They better wake up this year.  There will be a new giant in this conference next year. 
Who McClellan? 8)

GuvHog

Quote from: #iknownothing on August 18, 2017, 09:40:34 am
You must be thinking of another game! The only reason that game was close is because of a blocked punt returned for a touchdown and a punt return for a touchdown. If Warren doesn't have those two miscues that game is a blowout! The reason the Curry kid is starting is because he was the only QB that practiced all summer and, from what I am told, is the only QB that showed up to practices before school started. hard to name a kid the starting QB after he cusses a coach out, transfers to another school, comes back and doesn't show up for practice. or maybe that's just me #iknownothing

As usual you've been told wrong. Jakobi has been practicing with the team for quite some time now.

Neckred

The Jakobi kid is a good QB.  He has a weird arm but effective.  Kind of pushes the ball.  Much better arm in baseball.  He can do lot's of things though

Look A Here

TROJANS18

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2017, 01:42:00 pm
LOL OK...
you know nobody shows hot springs any love. Even when we do good people hate.

#iknownothing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 18, 2017, 01:39:33 pm
As usual you've been told wrong. Jakobi has been practicing with the team for quite some time now.
as usual your mouth far outweighs your information. Jackson made it to one team camp, and only two practices before school started. He did practice 3-5 days last week bringing his grand total to 6! If that is your definition of quite some time, then for the first time in a long time you are correct.  Now as of last Friday night he is no longer a part of the team. His choice, not coaches decision.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas