• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Evans / Mineral Springs

Started by OGHSSupporter, June 22, 2013, 05:43:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OGHSSupporter

Would someone tell me something about Nick Evans from Mineral Springs?  The word is that he is slated to the next Offensive Coordinator at Maumelle High School.

Reasonable

Coach Evans was the Head Coach last season at Mineral Springs.  I know that he's been a Head Coach in Europe for a EFL team  and in Louisiana and worked as a GA for HSU.  Last year Mineral Springs went to the semi-finals despite some low numbers for participation. I think he's a spread offense guy, I saw a few of their games last year and they looked like they ran mostly 3-4 wide but the QB ran a lot.

OGHSSupporter

Quote from: Reasonable on June 23, 2013, 11:50:49 am
Coach Evans was the Head Coach last season at Mineral Springs.  I know that he's been a Head Coach in Europe for a EFL team  and in Louisiana and worked as a GA for HSU.  Last year Mineral Springs went to the semi-finals despite some low numbers for participation. I think he's a spread offense guy, I saw a few of their games last year and they looked like they ran mostly 3-4 wide but the QB ran a lot.

Thank you very much!

hawgfan15

Speaking of low numbers I have heard that MS might not be able to field a team this season. I hope this isn't true but I was told they only had 13 kids out to play this season.

FilmCrew

I have heard the same thing.

Can someone from Mineral confirm this?

OGHSSupporter

How can that be, did they not play in the state championship game in 2010?  How can a football program fall apart that fast?

Reasonable

No mineral never made it in 2010. Numbers are just always an issue for 2A schools, I think mineral has hit one of those low points for male students in school. Plus from what has been in the papers down here with troubles that the school is having and the state taking over I think some kids are moving to surrounding districts. The school has reassured many of us that there will be a team though.

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle doesn't have number problems.  I can't recall the last time they did.

FilmCrew

It looks like Carlisle has 185 in Enrolled and Mineral has 108 enrolled. That is a big difference when it comes to fielding a team. Caddo Hills is a 1A school and has an enrollment of 134. Carlisle is the 3rd largest school in 2A, so I can see where you wouldn't have a problem with numbers.

BrianfromCarlisle

It looks like Carlisle was 4 shy of moving up. Is that what you see?   And I meant that Carlisle always has a lot of turnout.  I don't know the exact number out this year, but u would say they have a large number for a 2a program

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FilmCrew on June 24, 2013, 03:08:59 pm
It looks like Carlisle has 185 in Enrolled and Mineral has 108 enrolled. That is a big difference when it comes to fielding a team. Caddo Hills is a 1A school and has an enrollment of 134. Carlisle is the 3rd largest school in 2A, so I can see where you wouldn't have a problem with numbers.

Mineral Springs had 106 students 10-12 enrolled this year, per the arkansas department of education site...
Carlisle had 184.
Caddo hills had 110...

All these are for the 2012/2013 school year...

Donnie Jamon

With MS not having football, will the kids be able to transfer to a school that has football?  They have until July 1st right to decide and enroll in another school right?

Blue

I would bet on Mineral having a football team, I would be shocked if they don't

hawgfan15

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on June 26, 2013, 09:30:00 am
With MS not having football, will the kids be able to transfer to a school that has football?  They have until July 1st right to decide and enroll in another school right?

I have already been told of two of their better players looking to transfer. I am not sure though how AAA will handle this if they can't field a team. I can't imagine a season where Mineral Springs doesnt have a team. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they will have a team

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas