• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A West

Started by zebrafan, June 26, 2017, 06:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafan

Hootens Preseason Conference Poll

6A West

1. Greenwood
2. El Dorado
3. Benton
4. Texarkana
5. Russellville
6. Lake Hamilton
7. Sheridan
8. Siloam Springs

Wildcat Football

I look for Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, and Sheridan to improve this year with new coaches and schemes...will be interesting.  I was surprised to see El Dorado ranked 2nd after last year.  I'm removed from knowing all the players like in year's past.  I read Hooten's and they usually have a good feel for how things will finish. On the other side, I'm picking Marion to make some moves up the ladder.  I believe it is GW and Jonesboro who will end up in the finals, but it is all just guess work at this stage. I can tell you this though, whoever is putting in the hard work individually over the summer will get noticed in the fall.

zebrafan

Quote from: Wildcat Football on June 27, 2017, 03:30:20 pm
I look for Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, and Sheridan to improve this year with new coaches and schemes...will be interesting.  I was surprised to see El Dorado ranked 2nd after last year.  I'm removed from knowing all the players like in year's past.  I read Hooten's and they usually have a good feel for how things will finish. On the other side, I'm picking Marion to make some moves up the ladder.  I believe it is GW and Jonesboro who will end up in the finals, but it is all just guess work at this stage. I can tell you this though, whoever is putting in the hard work individually over the summer will get noticed in the fall.

I'm gonna key a close eye on Texarkana and Marion as well, sleeper teams.

AHS06

This ranking is a good start.  Texarkana is about to make some noise this year.  We have a favorable schedule.   If we don't hit the ground rolling to start the season, we'll definitely be a team no one wants to see in the postseason.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: AHS06 on June 27, 2017, 08:03:16 pm
This ranking is a good start.  Texarkana is about to make some noise this year.  We have a favorable schedule.   If we don't hit the ground rolling to start the season, we'll definitely be a team no one wants to see in the postseason.
With a proven winner like Barry Norton, I'm sort of glad to see Texarkana moving to 5A in 2018-2020 cycle.  This team will compete with the athletes there, just need a motivator and, good lord, they win the state track meet every year.  You can't teach speed!

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on June 29, 2017, 10:07:46 am
With a proven winner like Barry Norton, I'm sort of glad to see Texarkana moving to 5A in 2018-2020 cycle.  This team will compete with the athletes there, just need a motivator and, good lord, they win the state track meet every year.  You can't teach speed!
Hopefully we'll be back the following cycle. 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Wildcat Football I too was a little surprised at the confidence Hooten's has in our Cats.  However, I am in the same situation not knowing the kids since my kids graduated several years ago.  Eldo was hit hard by injuries last year and still competed at the end of the year after getting a few of the players back healthy.  Remember....by the middle of the year, we had our 4th string QB/Punter (Senior Brennan Claypoole) starting at QB, a position he had not played since 7th or 8th grade.  And he did a great job I might add. Holley showed his ability to play QB last year before being injured. He gives us a true dual threat at the position. With Hampton back at full strength and several other linemen on both sides of the ball, as well as experience at LB and Safety, the Cats look good on paper.  Need a good RB to step up and also need to fill gaps at WR and Coach Reed will have them making a run deep in the playoffs again.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on July 02, 2017, 02:15:22 am
Wildcat Football I too was a little surprised at the confidence Hooten's has in our Cats.  However, I am in the same situation not knowing the kids since my kids graduated several years ago.  Eldo was hit hard by injuries last year and still competed at the end of the year after getting a few of the players back healthy.  Remember....by the middle of the year, we had our 4th string QB/Punter (Senior Brennan Claypoole) starting at QB, a position he had not played since 7th or 8th grade.  And he did a great job I might add. Holley showed his ability to play QB last year before being injured. He gives us a true dual threat at the position. With Hampton back at full strength and several other linemen on both sides of the ball, as well as experience at LB and Safety, the Cats look good on paper.  Need a good RB to step up and also need to fill gaps at WR and Coach Reed will have them making a run deep in the playoffs again.
Thanks for the update, I look forward to seeing ED make a run this year too.  Every year is different and injury bug seems to hit some teams harder than most in cycles.  I look forward to seeing rising stars and unexpected players making big plays from offseason and summer work.  I know ED has a great one in Coach Reed, so only 45-60 days left to make a final push on weights, but conditioning is always a key in second half.  Coach Dawson did a good job in that category last year.

PrivateLesson

Greenwoods ready.....right? 

rona

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 07, 2017, 05:56:18 pm
Greenwoods ready.....right?

Greenwood Defense may be best they have had in a number of years. Offense will put up #s with improved receiving corp and very large O Line.

Valleysports

Quote from: AHS06 on June 30, 2017, 09:15:08 am
Hopefully we'll be back the following cycle.
You need to worry about being back this decade - oh wait what decade are when in now?  Well century then...  ;D

PrivateLesson

Quote from: rona on August 07, 2017, 06:26:38 pm
Greenwood Defense may be best they have had in a number of years. Offense will put up #s with improved receiving corp and very large O Line.

Sounds like the season is gearing up for another title contender battle!

Hogman2018

Valley u need to be a comedian! Not

PrivateLesson

Don't encourage him!   Valley will rip through every thread like the Cyclone he is! lol

Valley has plenty of time for chess but I'm not sure why he isn't talking much about Russellville??   

2000ZEBRA

How did Greenwood lose to Russellville 😂😂😂😂

The Future

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 08, 2017, 05:39:33 pm
How did Greenwood lose to Russellville 😂😂😂😂

I imagine the same way Pine Bluff lost to Greenwood.

They had less points than their opponent when the clock hit 00:00.

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on August 08, 2017, 07:28:24 pm
I imagine the same way Pine Bluff lost to Greenwood.

They had less points than their opponent when the clock hit 00:00.
+1

2000ZEBRA

😂😂 Come on Russellville, that was their first Championship and they got it against Greenwood

maxswine

It was Russellville's second state championship.  But first in the playoff era.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas