• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have my hands on it....

Started by AirWarren, June 24, 2017, 10:40:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

"The book" and its 4a top ten.

1. Warren
2. Pea ridge
3. Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Nashville
6. PG
7. Arkadelphia
8. Ashdown
9. Dumas
10. Hamburg

Time for the bashing to begin.

SOUTHARK99

Mr. Mercer

Seems about right? Where'd you get it?

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 24, 2017, 11:16:06 pm
Seems about right? Where'd you get it?

One of the big reds in benton.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on June 24, 2017, 10:40:37 pm

1. Warren
2. Pea ridge
3. Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Nashville
6. PG
7. Arkadelphia
8. Ashdown
9. Dumas
10. Hamburg

Surprised to see Hamburg top 10. I'd also have Shiloh in the top 10 and Arky top 5. Otherwise looks pretty good.

polksalet

x14113

Interesting that no one from the 4 is there.

That should provide some decent motivation.

Lionpride2017

1. Warren
2. Pea ridge
3. Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Nashville
6. PG
7. Arkadelphia
8. Ashdown
9. Dumas
10. Hamburg

Hamburg is not a top 10.

Lionpride2017

1. Warren
2. Pea ridge
3. Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Nashville
6. PG
7. Arkadelphia
8. Ashdown
9. Dumas
10. Hamburg

What does the 8-4 look like predicted finishes

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: x14113 on June 25, 2017, 01:20:34 am
Interesting that no one from the 4 is there.

That should provide some decent motivation.

Yeah... I guess they never heard of Booneville.

LJ06

1. Warren
2. Pea ridge
3. Robinson
4. Stuttgart
5. Nashville
6. PG
7. Arkadelphia
8. Ashdown
9. Dumas
10. Hamburg

So basically the top 5 from 2016 lol

scrapman

I'm saying that is too high for Robinson after losing 5 D1 kids off of last year's team. (Jackson, Porter, Eskola, Fells, Swoboda).  They return 2 d1 kids this year???? So I'm guessing their finish will not be better than it was.  Just a prediction

bulldoghistorian

What is the predicted order of finish for the 8-4A?

AirItOut21

June 25, 2017, 11:03:28 am #13 Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:06:16 am by AirItOut21
Quote from: scrapman on June 25, 2017, 10:01:16 am
I'm saying that is too high for Robinson after losing 5 D1 kids off of last year's team. (Jackson, Porter, Eskola, Fells, Swoboda).  They return 2 d1 kids this year???? So I'm guessing their finish will not be better than it was.  Just a prediction

Agreed. No way they are anything close to what they were last year. Swap PG and Arkadelphia with Robinson and Stuttgart and it looks pretty good to me. Hamburg needs to be replaced.

AirWarren

8-4a

Warren
Dumas
Hamburg
Monticello
Star city
Crossett
Dewitt
Dollarway

bilboswaggins

Quote from: AirItOut21 on June 25, 2017, 11:03:28 am
Agreed. No way they are anything close to what they were last year. Swap PG and Arkadelphia with Robinson and Stuttgart and it looks pretty good to me. Hamburg needs to be replaced.

Swap PG and Pea Ridge, remove Hamburg and replace with S.C.

bulldoghistorian

Where is Star City ranked In 4A?

BigLion10

beach bum

beach bum

The Pea Ridge/Prairie Grove saga will be handled with a PG win over them in October....

beach bum

The Ricebirds are back on the rise again if they can live up to the ranking...... The boards are more fun when they are winning anyway.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bilboswaggins on June 25, 2017, 12:16:34 pm
Star City should
Not be ranked.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2017, 03:26:06 pm
Star City should
Not be ranked.

Pretty sure S.C. means Shiloh Christian.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 25, 2017, 03:57:51 pm
Pretty sure S.C. means Shiloh Christian.
Wouldn't that be $.C.?

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: scrapman on June 25, 2017, 10:01:16 am

6 D1's Hines the Center also signed with UCA. Not surprised that ol Scrapman isn't to high on the Senators. Should be another fun year in the 7-4A.

beach bum

Robinson will be an interesting team to watch for sure... Everybody knows they were the 2nd or 3rd best team in 4A last year and easily would have gone further than the quarterfinals if they were in any other portion of the playoff bracket. Their game with CAC will tell a lot and I think give us an idea of how they will be the coming year. If they handle CAC comfortably then look out. If the get in a little bit of a struggle and barely beat CAC then I do not think they will match last year whatsoever. I like looking at good non conference matchups like that. They usually give you us a good feel on a team the rest of the season. Not always but most of the time.

Sports Guru

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2017, 12:14:21 pm
8-4a

Warren
Dumas
Hamburg
Monticello
Star city
Crossett
Dewitt
Dollarway

They hate Crossett or something. Crossett should do way better than predicted

They know nothing really of Crossett

Lionpride2017

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2017, 12:14:21 pm
8-4a

Warren
Dumas
Hamburg
Monticello
Star city
Crossett
Dewitt
Dollarway

Oh boy looks good except swap us Hamburg, with Crossett. He is right, Hootens must not look into CHS at all. Crossett will be a good team!

Lionpride2017

Hamburg wont beat Monticello... or Star City... or even Crossett we dont have that kind of talent this year.

bilboswaggins

beach bum

Most of you guys know this.... But remember that the conference rankings are from the coaches. The overall 1-48 towards the beginning of the magazine are what Hootens thinks. So you may see a team ranked higher in the overall but lower in the conference standings than another. It happens some in the magazine.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: bilboswaggins on June 25, 2017, 12:16:34 pm
Couldn't say it any better!  PG owns PR .

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: beach bum on June 25, 2017, 07:24:49 pm
Robinson will be an interesting team to watch for sure... Everybody knows they were the 2nd or 3rd best team in 4A last year and easily would have gone further than the quarterfinals if they were in any other portion of the playoff bracket. Their game with CAC will tell a lot and I think give us an idea of how they will be the coming year. If they handle CAC comfortably then look out. If the get in a little bit of a struggle and barely beat CAC then I do not think they will match last year whatsoever. I like looking at good non conference matchups like that. They usually give you us a good feel on a team the rest of the season. Not always but most of the time.

Most years I'd agree with you but CAC is making the offensive switch to wing T, single wing, etc. they had two good backs but I believe both have transferred. One I know for sure has transferred to Benton.

beach bum

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 25, 2017, 08:17:58 pm
Most years I'd agree with you but CAC is making the offensive switch to wing T, single wing, etc. they had two good backs but I believe both have transferred. One I know for sure has transferred to Benton.

Oh wow, that is actually quite a shock for a school like CAC to make the move to that particular offense. That will be weird seeing them run that offense for sure.

cuckoobird

PG can't beat Stuttgart in any boys sport

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 25, 2017, 09:21:06 pm
PG can't beat Stuttgart in any boys sport

Come on Cuck... You have to remember that drubbing PG put on your baseball team in the semifinals around the same year you guys handled us in the football semifinals. We run ruled you guys in 5 innings in a semifinal, but will cut you some slack cause the pitcher that game for us is now on the Red Sox's AAA team in Pawtucket so not a lot of people were scoring on him either. You just got lucky you haven't played us the last 2 years in football!! I could see this being a potential year we meet again however.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: beach bum on June 25, 2017, 09:07:32 pm
Oh wow, that is actually quite a shock for a school like CAC to make the move to that particular offense. That will be weird seeing them run that offense for sure.

Yea numbers and personnel have kind of forced their hand. They started last year doing it 7-JV, but Varsity still was spread. If JV made an appearance in a Varsity game they ran Wing T.

Lumberjackfan1978

Glad it's out top five looks good

Romeo

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure there's another team in 4A that could beat Warren at least for the next two years.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Romeo on June 25, 2017, 11:26:35 pm
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure there's another team in 4A that could beat Warren at least for the next two years.
Next year's Nashville squad will definitely give them a run for there money. This years team will be a junior/sophomore lead team. Both classes have 30 players each while the Sr. class only has 16. Can't wait to see what they have to offer this sesson.

scrapman

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 25, 2017, 05:53:27 pm
6 D1's Hines the Center also signed with UCA. Not surprised that ol Scrapman isn't to high on the Senators. Should be another fun year in the 7-4A.
That's right....I forgot about Hines.  7-4A should be tough. Arkadelphia was young and has a lot of experience and talent coming back. Ashdown has the top talent (again). Nashville should be solid. Robinson should be decent too.

cuckoobird

Negative Beachbum, we played arkie in the finals after beating PG 3-1 in semis

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 26, 2017, 07:51:08 am
Negative Beachbum, we played arkie in the finals after beating PG 3-1 in semis

2011 it was 10-0 in 5 innings in the semifinals then PG played Shiloh in the finals the next week.... 2013 is when Stuttgart made it to the baseball finals.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: beach bum on June 26, 2017, 09:08:11 am
2011 it was 10-0 in 5 innings in the semifinals then PG played Shiloh in the finals the next week.... 2013 is when Stuttgart made it to the baseball finals.
I'm very disappointed in Cuck... thought he was an encyclopedia of Ricebird sports

cuckoobird

I just knew that it wasn't around the same year. We won that one

ABC™

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 25, 2017, 11:36:07 pm
Next year's Nashville squad will definitely give them a run for there money. This years team will be a junior/sophomore lead team. Both classes have 30 players each while the Sr. class only has 16. Can't wait to see what they have to offer this sesson.
Spot on.

Rick Swines

cuckoobird

#1 PA
5a is irrelevant after that.

polksalet

Quote from: Romeo on June 25, 2017, 11:26:35 pm

Believe the hype. This year's sophomore class might be the best in ville history when it's all said and done.

x14113

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 25, 2017, 04:58:58 am
Yeah... I guess they never heard of Booneville.

Turns out, they're not even HP's highest-rated team from the 4.

Coaches and (most) fans seem to know better, though...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas