• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrisburg HC (filled - Aaron Thornton)

Started by birddawg1986, January 29, 2017, 01:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on March 01, 2017, 09:28:33 am
For the Harrisburg job?  ???
That would be a huge step down.

OB11

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 01, 2017, 09:34:26 am

Someone better show him a map and point out Harrisburg for him...

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on March 01, 2017, 09:38:46 am
Someone better show him a map and point out Harrisburg for him...
Yeah, he might want to google map the area and do a virtual drive through.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 01, 2017, 09:34:26 am
It's not the current HC at Harber. It's a young assistant who is a very solid coach. Not sure if he ready to be the HC but we will find out.

OB11

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on March 01, 2017, 10:42:58 am
It's not the current HC at Harber. It's a young assistant who is a very solid coach. Not sure if he ready to be the HC but we will find out.

Better prepare himself for a little culture shock as well.  Can't blame him at all for wanting a shot at a head coaching job though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OB11 on March 01, 2017, 09:28:33 am
For the Harrisburg job?  ???

He was the water boy at Har-Ber I believe.

OB11

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 01, 2017, 10:51:37 am
He was the water boy at Har-Ber I believe.

That job probably pays more.

StrongDawg

Wood isn't exactly easy to work for, so that may have impacted his decision. If the young man wants to be a head coach, this is a chance to prove himself. I was told he has family in NE Arkansas too.

Nomad1324

Sincerely wish him the best of luck.

bigchief72455

Good luck to him. He has a task ahead for sure.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: StrongDawg on March 01, 2017, 11:22:05 am
Wood isn't exactly easy to work for, so that may have impacted his decision. If the young man wants to be a head coach, this is a chance to prove himself. I was told he has family in NE Arkansas too.
Yes family played a part in the decision. He is a very good, young coach and if given time I think will be a very good HC. Relates very well with kids and has a strong passion for the game. Hate to see him leave HB but cannot blame him for taking a HC position. Best of luck to him and his family.

OB11

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on March 01, 2017, 02:44:11 pm
Yes family played a part in the decision. He is a very good, young coach and if given time I think will be a very good HC. Relates very well with kids and has a strong passion for the game. Hate to see him leave HB but cannot blame him for taking a HC position. Best of luck to him and his family.

What is his name?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: OB11 on March 02, 2017, 09:16:30 am
What is his name?
I'm not going to throw his name out there until an official announcement is made. He informed the kids at HB that he would be leaving for this position. Not sure why is hasn't been posted yet. He is supposed to leave after spring break to start his new job.

purpleswag

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on March 02, 2017, 11:29:10 am
I'm not going to throw his name out there until an official announcement is made. He informed the kids at HB that he would be leaving for this position. Not sure why is hasn't been posted yet. He is supposed to leave after spring break to start his new job.

I wouldn't tell anybody until it was voted on after what happened in Chapel

Nomad1324

Quote from: purpleswag on March 02, 2017, 11:42:26 am
I wouldn't tell anybody until it was voted on after what happened in Chapel

I think I know which guy we're talking about, he's been a coach in the general area before, right?

OB11

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on March 02, 2017, 11:29:10 am

I understand that completely. It will be good that he's coming before the year is over.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Nomad1324 on March 02, 2017, 12:33:57 pm
I think I know which guy we're talking about, he's been a coach in the general area before, right?
Yes that is correct.

HORNET FAN

It is official. Hired at school board meeting tonight.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HORNET FAN on March 02, 2017, 08:12:44 pm
It is official. Hired at school board meeting tonight.

Who?

birddawg1986

Never heard of him ??? Hope he doesnt try to spread with this team or it will be like the last 5 years for Harrisburg #groundandpoundhornets

Rick Swines

OB11

Where is he from originally?  He posted a picture of his baby on Twitter in an orange and black outfit and said she'll grow up wearing orange and black like he did.  Is he from Harrisburg??

HORNET FAN

OB11

bigchief72455

Quote from: HORNET FAN on March 03, 2017, 11:12:11 am
He went to school at Batesville.
So he is already letting you guys know he will only be there a while.

slowntheMUD

Depending on support and success, he should be there awhile. He is a great guy and a good coach. He will do a good job but there will be an adjustment period for sure. If he can get support from parents and school, he will turn right the ship.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If he has any relation to coaching, he's already better than Benintende. Plus, coming from a winning 7A school will help increase the players and parents support

Hornetzone

Great guy so far. Came in first day put all the rules out there. He picks students of the months from the team and has steak dinners at his house. Makes the team go support other sports together as a team. Heard nothing but great things from players

OB11

Quote from: Hornetzone on April 26, 2017, 11:34:32 am
Great guy so far. Came in first day put all the rules out there. He picks students of the months from the team and has steak dinners at his house. Makes the team go support other sports together as a team. Heard nothing but great things from players

Any idea if those are things that were done at Springdale Har-Ber? Or did he start that on his own when he got to Harrisburg?

Hornetzone

I'm not for sure. He says he is bringing the pride back into Hornet Football

bigchief72455

He will do good. They just have to get past this year and then they can compete in the 3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas