• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gravette vs. Warren

Started by Romeo, November 11, 2011, 10:38:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 13, 2011, 10:10:54 am
I know some people that think warrens time is over ::)

Some have also been very poor prophets on the website! Ha

GLion Alum

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 11:35:47 am
Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 13, 2011, 10:10:54 am
I know some people that think warrens time is over ::)

Some have also been very poor prophets on the website! Ha

Verily I sayeth unto thee...not those who have seen the Lions play!  ;D

AirWarren

Are y'all a spread team or multiple G?

Saint Fan1952

Quote from: Mulerider on November 13, 2011, 11:13:42 am
Warren will have more speed and athletes playing cupball behind the home bleachers than Gravette has had in grades 9-12 in a decade.  This will be an athletic mismatch but maybe Gravette can pull one out.

I can't see Gravette going into Warren and winning then again I can't see teams from the 1-4A being a threat to beat any quality team this year.

Should be fun to watch.

Interesting that you can't see any of the teams from the 1-4a being a threat when the worse playoff team, Shiloh went to HS and gave them all they wanted for most of the game.  Down 5 points they turned it over on downs at the HS 17 with 5 minutes left, a late score and 2 point conversion made the margin 13 but it was much closer than that and in doubt all the way.......last time I looked HS was ranked in the top 3 in the state. 

AirWarren

I'm not sold on Heber springs.

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on November 13, 2011, 11:28:38 am
Well got to say after Friday night when them lions roll over you guys by probably two touchdowns your coach might be wishing he would have gotten a few of them famous cupballers to play football.....

Let me just say this. Warren fans respect this gravette team. This team is full of seniors and know how to play football. This is going to be a good game.

HOWEVER, for you to snap off at the mouth about coming into Warren and "rolling" us makes you into a very foolish person.

This ain't pea ridge, gentry, or berryville or whomever is up there. I just don't think you have seen a team with this many weapons no matter how young we are. 

LJ06

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 01:02:59 pm
I'm not sold on Heber springs.

After Friday night...me either.  Honestly, I wasn't completely sold on them before that.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 01:10:03 pm
Let me just say this. Warren fans respect this gravette team. This team is full of seniors and know how to play football. This is going to be a good game.

HOWEVER, for you to snap off at the mouth about coming into Warren and "rolling" us makes you into a very foolish person.

This ain't pea ridge, gentry, or berryville or whomever is up there. I just don't think you have seen a team with this many weapons no matter how young we are.

I'm pretty sure that this dukes guy isn't a Gravette fan. As a non-partisan, it aggravates me a little that people like mulerider get on here and talk about things of which they have no idea, probably not having seen more than 11 teams play football all year (the team they root for and their 10 opponents).

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 12:58:27 pm

You didn't ask me, but I can answer for you.

Gravette is what most will call Spread but, in my opinion, are a multiple I formation team.

dukes424

Aw now are you saying the football team has lots of weapons or them cupballers behind the bleachers...just kidding .. I was referring to your friend muleriders retarded comment.. Anyhow hope to see them lions roll u guys...they have a few weapons to....

LJ06

Quote from: dukes424 on November 13, 2011, 01:57:39 pm
Aw now are you saying the football team has lots of weapons or them cupballers behind the bleachers...just kidding .. I was referring to your friend muleriders retarded comment.. Anyhow hope to see them lions roll u guys...they have a few weapons to....

Could beat us, but definitely won't roll us

AirWarren

Mulerider is an aquantence. He is a Nashville boy so friend is a far stretch ha.

I respect gravette. The posters convey themselves with class and that goes a long way with me.

Romeo

I know Warren is coming in with a chip on its shoulder. In my view, we've been disrespected the last two years. If we win a game it was by luck or because of the refs and if we lose a game they bash us even further. I know alot of the players are tired of it and ready to prove all the doubters wrong. Until we possibly play PA, I wouldn't bet against Warren in any game.   

G-Town38

You won't see any disrespect from any of the Gravette fans. They, along with the boys on the team, know all about Warren's program. They also have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to respect. All we ever hear, is how weak the 4A-1 conference is, and how unathletic the boys from the hills are. I'm sure that if Warren wins, it will be because they deserved it. Same should be said about the Lions. Looking forward to an exciting game.

GLion Alum

One thing Gravette and Warren posters should keep in mind as this week trudges on toward Friday...not everybody who'll post is primarily a fan of either Warren or Gravette.  I remember getting into a discussion about "athleticism" with Mulerider on FF three or four years ago.  I've never met him, unlike AW, but I know he is first and foremost a Nashville fan.  I remember him because he goes by "Mulerider," a name I happen to like.  I know enough about southern Arkansas to know Southern Arkansas' mascot is the muleriders, and I figured from the start that was the reason for the name.  The reason I like the word "mulerider?"  It reminds me of the annual mule-jumping contests in Pea Ridge.  Which brings me around to dukes424.  During the regular season, he primarily was a Pea Ridge fan.  We Gravette fans welcome any support and any kind words we can get from anyone as we battle the hoardes of Warren supporters this week, especially from neighboring schools like Pea Ridge.  The only problem is that most of them couldn't care less what others think of Gravette.  They're just having fun stirring things up...not that I won't be doing the same AFTER...make that IF...Gravette is eliminated from the playoffs.  ;D   

AirWarren

Warren hasn't played with a chip on their shoulder since the 2001 title team. After that year we just had a flood of talent and kids coming out to play football. I can't say the outcome will be same outcome but I've always said that this reminds me of that situation. A very special And talented 9th, 10th, and 11th grade class.

Warren may lose but this team surprised the heck out of me. They were supposed to be a year away but really have hit a gear. If they dominate like they did on both sides of the ball like they did Friday night, watch out.

AirWarren

Glion, will y'all be staying here Thursday night or will the team leave early Friday?

G-Town38

If they do like they did last week, they will leave early Friday morning. Not sure what the plan is though.

GLion Alum

Just the name "Warren" commands respect in Arkansas high school football.  All the name "Gravette" usually gets is "Where's that?"  The Lions are primarily a senior team, having built toward this time for years.  Most fans in Northwest Arkansas thought this year's 1-4A race would come down to a battle between Ozark and Prairie Grove's junior-laden teams.  Most Gravette fans thought our Lions would be in the thick of things, and, personally, I began to get really excited when I saw how well our skill players were performing in 7-on-7 this summer.  Gravette was dominating in their first five games and led throughout a seven-point win over Ozark in their sixth game.  Then they hit a speed bump, losing to Farmington when the Lions turned the ball over six times and losing to Shiloh by two points the next week in a game that I think Shiloh supporters will say was their best game of the season.  To their credit, the Lions have recovered from those disappointments and seem to have regained the momentum they had earlier. 

That mid-season bump cost the Lions a conference championship and a home field advantage in the first three rounds of the playoffs, but I'm holding out hope that experience will benefit them in the long run.  Whether one calls it "having a chip on their shoulder" or "being out to prove something," I've noticed over the years it sometimes helps a team to have it as they concentrate on the task at hand.

AirWarren

The last part of your paragraph echoes throughout the board. For about 4 years now, the kids in Warren thought they could throw on a jack uniform and walk out and win.

Not this year. That attitude has been weeded out I believe and these kids have fought for their own week in and week out. We lost a kid after the fordyce game own his own and I think it may have been the attitude we needed off the team. After that it's been one unit, one team. Been awesome to see.

Mulerider

Quote from: Saint Fan1952 on November 13, 2011, 12:59:34 pm
Quote from: Mulerider on November 13, 2011, 11:13:42 am
Warren will have more speed and athletes playing cupball behind the home bleachers than Gravette has had in grades 9-12 in a decade.  This will be an athletic mismatch but maybe Gravette can pull one out.

I can't see Gravette going into Warren and winning then again I can't see teams from the 1-4A being a threat to beat any quality team this year.

Should be fun to watch.

Interesting that you can't see any of the teams from the 1-4a being a threat when the worse playoff team, Shiloh went to HS and gave them all they wanted for most of the game.  Down 5 points they turned it over on downs at the HS 17 with 5 minutes left, a late score and 2 point conversion made the margin 13 but it was much closer than that and in doubt all the way.......last time I looked HS was ranked in the top 3 in the state.

You're talking about Heber Springs, right?  Heber, you are saying losing to Heber is a "good" loss?  It's Heber Springs...

Mulerider

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 13, 2011, 01:32:21 pm
Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 01:10:03 pm

I'm pretty sure that this dukes guy isn't a Gravette fan. As a non-partisan, it aggravates me a little that people like mulerider get on here and talk about things of which they have no idea, probably not having seen more than 11 teams play football all year (the team they root for and their 10 opponents).

I never said Gravette couldn't win, I just pointed to the FACT that Warren will have a monsterous athletic advantage.  Are you disputing this opinion?  History tells me that 1-4A teams ALWAYS struggle with the speed of the 7 and 8.   I will gain respect for the 1-4A win they are able to consistently beat the good teams from the 7 and 8.  This is Gravette's chance to play a descent, not great, Warren team and win.  Let's see what happens.

Mulerider

Really, retarded comment?  Do you really and truly believe that Gravette will be more athletic than Warren?  I'm not sure anybody in Arkansas is more athletic than Warren.  Even the great teams the Jacks (remember I called them the Lumberquacks...the good ole days)  in the mid 2000's were unbelievably athletic they just lacked the guys up front to be one of the best teams this state has ever seen. 

GLion Alum

Quote from: Mulerider on November 13, 2011, 06:35:56 pm

I never said Gravette couldn't win, I just pointed to the FACT that Warren will have a monsterous athletic advantage.  Are you disputing this opinion?  History tells me that 1-4A teams ALWAYS struggle with the speed of the 7 and 8.   I will gain respect for the 1-4A win they are able to consistently beat the good teams from the 7 and 8.  This is Gravette's chance to play a descent, not great, Warren team and win.  Let's see what happens.

I'll agree if you remove that word "monstrous," and I'll add that I think the 1-4A teams have learned how to better cope with that speed.  It's going to be an interesting week.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

.  This is Gravette's chance to play a descent, not great, Warren team and win.  Let's see what happens.

Not a Gravette fan, but this is what bothers me. When a team who is presumed to be "weak", in this case Gravette, and they happen to win a game against a team from the 7 or the 8 everyone who is a fan of those teams from the southern part of the state always say things like this.

"Well, that team wasn't really all that good."
"Not a great Warren/Ashdown/Nashville/Dumas/etc so it really isn't all that impressive."

I understand what you are saying but if Gravette does win, I don't want to see you on here downplaying the victory due to the fact that you believe this to be a "good not great" Warren team.

AirWarren

I give credit when credit is due. If we lose fine. I'll still be here and do my congrats.

Like I said, as young as my team is and after the thumping we got in game 1 this season, it is a privilidge to play a good, experienced team in the 2 round of the playoffs. It's up to Warren to play like lumberjacks and defend lumberjack field at Jim Hurley jr stadium!

Are y'all planning on traveling well Glion?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

According to my Pocahontas buddy, the visitor's section was full on Friday night with people standing along the fences. I bet they bring quite a few.

LJ06

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 13, 2011, 08:12:39 pm
According to my Pocahontas buddy, the visitor's section was full on Friday night with people standing along the fences. I bet they bring quite a few.

Were used to the visitors side being packed. VV actually brought quite a few last week.

LJ06

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 06:03:55 pm
The last part of your paragraph echoes throughout the board. For about 4 years now, the kids in Warren thought they could throw on a jack uniform and walk out and win.

Not this year. That attitude has been weeded out I believe and these kids have fought for their own week in and week out. We lost a kid after the fordyce game own his own and I think it may have been the attitude we needed off the team. After that it's been one unit, one team. Been awesome to see.

This! We worked so hard and gave up a lot to help get this program where it is. For several years these kids would put on that jersey, walk on the field and think the other team should bow down just because they were Lumberjacks. Respect is earned, not given.

gametime

I'm not saying that Warren will, but if they just show up thinking they will just out athlete Gravette it will be a big mistake..

LJ06

Quote from: gametime on November 13, 2011, 09:19:52 pm
I'm not saying that Warren will, but if they just show up thinking they will just out athlete Gravette it will be a big mistake..

This won't happen this year.  This team doesn't have that mindset.

Mulerider

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 13, 2011, 07:59:13 pm
.  This is Gravette's chance to play a descent, not great, Warren team and win.  Let's see what happens.

Not a Gravette fan, but this is what bothers me. When a team who is presumed to be "weak", in this case Gravette, and they happen to win a game against a team from the 7 or the 8 everyone who is a fan of those teams from the southern part of the state always say things like this.

"Not a great Warren/Ashdown/Nashville/Dumas/etc so it really isn't all that impressive."

I understand what you are saying but if Gravette does win, I don't want to see you on here downplaying the victory due to the fact that you believe this to be a "good not great" Warren team.

I like Gravette.  Great fans and a great place to play a game.  I never said Gravette couldn't win.  But, I won't have to say it after the game, I can say it now, this is not a "great" Warren team.  Ask the Warren fans, they know what its like to have the super elite teams in the state and this years team ain't one of 'em.  They are young and on their way but this season is a far cry from what they will run out on the field in the next few years.

AW, Romeo, am I way off here?

AirWarren

I agree. It's a trait we have missed in Warren for a long time.

If something goes wrong, there is no finger pointing, yelling among players, and temper tantrums. The kids are listening to the coaches even when they are getting coached hard and going right back out there.

I'm really impressed with our new line coach, coach bemburg(sp?). He is very active with his group and is AlWays encouraging and coaching. Great asset to Warren.

LmbrJkKV10

November 13, 2011, 10:19:57 pm #83 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:33:20 am by LmbrJkKV10
We aren't a great team. I do however think these young men are way underrated. Dway, SC, and McGehee were supposed to have D's that were going to dominate us and that didn't happen.

Warren fans know that 1-4A has given us fits in the past so we aren't taking this game lightly!

AirWarren

You are spot on mulerider. We have overachieved IMHO this year and the coaching staff has done a fine job adapting to the youth this year.

We are talented, fast, tackle well, but young. Going to be a great test for them since dollarway and Mcgehee.

OldScrap

Quote from: LJ06 on November 13, 2011, 08:25:53 pm
Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 06:03:55 pm

This! We worked so hard and gave up a lot to help get this program where it is. For several years these kids would put on that jersey, walk on the field and think the other team should bow down just because they were Lumberjacks. Respect is earned, not given.

True, & I feel that has been one of the Scrapper problems this year.

AirWarren

It happens everywhere. Bad apples are everywhere. We had one transfer during the summer to where he came from and one leave the team who was a major talent. I think he was too much of a premadonna that messed some good attitudes up. This is a team of Bradley county, Warren Arkansas  boys. They have fight in them and they love to carry the town on their backs even though we are so young.

And that trait goes a long way into the equation of success.

GLion Alum

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 08:05:55 pm

Are y'all planning on traveling well Glion?

Who knows?  The Lions have had great crowds at home and at places within driving distance after work--Shiloh, Gentry and Jay, OK.  At Poteau, OK, about a two hours' drive from Gravette, the Lions' following was decent but not all that great.  I didn't attend the games at Berryville and Pocahontas.  Most of our fans work in Bentonville or Rogers, so they don't have Lion-friendly employers who will give them part of the day off to travel to Warren.  I will say this...Our fans know how important this game is to this team and the program.   I'm confident as many as possible will make the 11+ hour round-trip.  I plan to be one of them.

dukes424

Yes mulerider ... U made a retarded comment or maybe it was a monsterous comment  lol ... You know last time I checked the 7 and 8 year olds playing kick the can oh my bad I mean cup behind  the stands  werent more athletic or monsterous then the opposing team.. Ok enough  of that ....Heres my take ... Both teams are pretty good to make it this far .. I seriously think the Lions will win by 2 tds....  They are not the fastest team in the 1.4a I think that goes to farmington ... however they are the most athletic and skilled and thier defense is by far the best in conference in my opinion and what speed you do have Im afraid will be chopped down... Now anything can happen so let em play and sign some more of them cupballers up cause I think you may need them...

AirWarren

That's great to hear. Our field sounds awesome when the home side is filled and our big press box is full! Then being able to look across the field and see a packed house over there. Gets the stadium rocking!!

GLion Alum

Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 13, 2011, 07:59:13 pm

Don't fight it, Skunk.  Our friends from southern Arkansas have got us over a barrel, and they're not going to let us up.  If we ever do manage to beat them, we will have beaten a "good...not great" team.  If we lose to them, any ol' team from southern Arkansas could have beaten our "non-athletes" from northern Arkansas.  I think the smart guys from PA would call that a "Catch 22" situation for us.

Now, I have a question for Gravette (especially Wendell Robinson, the expert) and southeast Arkansas fans:  Has Gravette ever played an 8-4A team before?  Strange as it seems, I can't remember it if they have.  I can remember games against teams from all of the other conferences--too many against the 7-4A, although I'm making progress in repressing those memories.

AirWarren

November 14, 2011, 08:18:51 am #91 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:30:38 am by AW
I can't recall gravette playing a 8-4a team before this. I've been a faithful follower of jack ball since 1997 simply because prior to that I was too too young to really care. I know for a fact the only NWA teams we have played before were greenwood(if you wanna call them that) farmington, and Shiloh.

mr.b@sc

i dont own any orange and black but i may have to slip across the river and watch this game...good luck lumberjacks represent well...

AirWarren

Come on over mr B. We need all the support we can get!

Snakeplissken

Glion, I for one am behind you and I will support the Lions in a win this week!

GLion Alum

Quote from: Snakeplissken on November 14, 2011, 08:35:42 am

Thanks!  It's obvous on here that they're ganging up on us in southeast Arkansas, and we need all the help we can get.  When I begin to get discouraged by what I'm reading from southeast Arkansas, I remind myself that, if I had to pick a team to go behind enemy lines to accomplish their mission, it would be this Gravette team.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 12:58:27 pm

I didn't see this get answered, but I may have skipped over it when I didn't feel like reading the threads that I could tell started out argumentive in the first post.

Gravette will run a spread offense that is based off of several different formations. Everything from the pistol to the shotgun with 5 wide, and a Power I when lined up in shortyardage situations.

Snakeplissken

Quote from: GLion Alum on November 14, 2011, 08:45:58 am
Quote from: Snakeplissken on November 14, 2011, 08:35:42 am

Thanks!  It's obvous on here that they're ganging up on us in southeast Arkansas, and we need all the help we can get.  When I begin to get discouraged by what I'm reading from southeast Arkansas, I remind myself that, if I had to pick a team to go behind enemy lines to accomplish their mission, it would be this Gravette team.

I agree, they have gone across some bumps in the road this year, but I believe that they are back on track now and if they play like we all know they can, the uncertainty that is high school playoffs, will strike again.

Wendell Robinson

I for one plan on being in there this Friday. Warren has always been one of the places I have wanted to go watch an Arkansas high school football game. Sort of a bucket list if you will. This is the best chance for me to do so, when my team is playing there. Looking forward to fantastic game and great atmosphere.

LmbrJkKV10

Quote from: mr.b@sc on November 14, 2011, 08:25:52 am
i dont own any orange and black but i may have to slip across the river and watch this game...good luck lumberjacks represent well...
Drive to Warren by way of Monticello, stop in Wal-mart and buy you some!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas