• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gravette vs. Warren

Started by Romeo, November 11, 2011, 10:38:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LmbrJkKV10

Quote from: GLion Alum on November 13, 2011, 10:55:44 pm
Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 08:05:55 pm

Are y'all planning on traveling well Glion?

Who knows?  The Lions have had great crowds at home and at places within driving distance after work--Shiloh, Gentry and Jay, OK.  At Poteau, OK, about a two hours' drive from Gravette, the Lions' following was decent but not all that great.  I didn't attend the games at Berryville and Pocahontas.  Most of our fans work in Bentonville or Rogers, so they don't have Lion-friendly employers who will give them part of the day off to travel to Warren.  I will say this...Our fans know how important this game is to this team and the program.   I'm confident as many as possible will make the 11+ hour round-trip.  I plan to be one of them.
Hope you guys show up in droves!

If any of your boosters need any help getting things set up when y'all get here, find me at our helmet/tunnel and I'll do what I can to get you guys situated.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: LmbrJkKV10 on November 14, 2011, 11:37:28 am
Quote from: mr.b@sc on November 14, 2011, 08:25:52 am
i dont own any orange and black but i may have to slip across the river and watch this game...good luck lumberjacks represent well...
Drive to Warren by way of Monticello, stop in Wal-mart and buy you some!

Just make sure there is a BIG G on it  ;D ;D ;D

GLion Alum

Quote from: LmbrJkKV10 on November 14, 2011, 11:41:53 am
Quote from: GLion Alum on November 13, 2011, 10:55:44 pm
Quote from: AW on November 13, 2011, 08:05:55 pm

Are y'all planning on traveling well Glion?

Who knows?  The Lions have had great crowds at home and at places within driving distance after work--Shiloh, Gentry and Jay, OK.  At Poteau, OK, about a two hours' drive from Gravette, the Lions' following was decent but not all that great.  I didn't attend the games at Berryville and Pocahontas.  Most of our fans work in Bentonville or Rogers, so they don't have Lion-friendly employers who will give them part of the day off to travel to Warren.  I will say this...Our fans know how important this game is to this team and the program.   I'm confident as many as possible will make the 11+ hour round-trip.  I plan to be one of them.
Hope you guys show up in droves!

If any of your boosters need any help getting things set up when y'all get here, find me at our helmet/tunnel and I'll do what I can to get you guys situated.

Thanks for your nice offer.  The way things work at Gravette is that a few of us with nothing better to do post away on Fearless Friday, while the rank and file fans do a good job of checking out FF just to see what the village idiots are posting.  So, you may get a response to your offer Friday night from the real Gravette fans without first hearing from them on FF.   

LmbrJkKV10

What was #33's injury that cost Gravette its two losses? Was told him being out was the difference maker.

LJ06

I really hope our fans bring it this week. I know last Friday was the day before the opening of deer season so most were at their camps. However, with a week of hunting in the books, I expect those stands to be packed and rowdy Friday night. Thanks in part to the refs, our small crowd finally got loud in the second half last week haha

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on November 14, 2011, 02:08:28 pm
I really hope our fans bring it this week. I know last Friday was the day before the opening of deer season so most were at their camps. However, with a week of hunting in the books, I expect those stands to be packed and rowdy Friday night. Thanks in part to the refs, our small crowd finally got loud in the second half last week haha
i bet most hunt within 1 hour of warren. there is no excuse. i will hunt friday afternoon and then make it to mcgehee's game in plenty of time.

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2011, 04:05:30 pm
i bet most hunt within 1 hour of warren. there is no excuse. i will hunt friday afternoon and then make it to mcgehee's game in plenty of time.

Yeah we might have to be on "village idiot" patrol.

LJ06

It's like this every year oldman. 1st round seems to always have a smaller crowd for some reason. There seriously may have been more there for the LV game.

SUGARTOWN

This should be a great game. A young Warren team that seems to be improving each week against a veteran Gravette team. It's a tough call, but I'll go with Warren in a close one because of the home field.

I just HOPE that this time next we're talking about the winner of this game coming to Stuttgart in the 3rd round...Good luck to both teams.

G-Town38

November 14, 2011, 04:32:54 pm #109 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:34:36 pm by G-Town38
Quote from: LmbrJkKV10 on November 14, 2011, 01:35:27 pm
What was #33's injury that cost Gravette its two losses? Was told him being out was the difference maker.

His injury took him out in the second half against Farmington and hampered him against Shiloh, but that was not what cost Gravette those two games. It was a few turnovers on or inside the opposing teams 1 yard line. Those problems have since been corrected and the boys are now playing ball like they should have been weeks ago. That is why we Gravette posters are excited about this game at Warren. It will give us a good measuring stick, win or lose, as to where our program is compared to great programs like Warren, Nashville, and other such programs.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ragginrancher2008 on November 14, 2011, 04:23:20 pm

Yeah we might have to be on "village idiot" patrol.
huh?

Wendell Robinson

It was 6 turnovers against Farmington that did Gravette in. And 2 fumbles inside or at the one yard line against Shiloh Christian that contributed to that loss. Take those away, Gravette could and probably should be 11-0 right now.

Romeo

Warren is 6-7 all time in second round playoff games and has lost its last two second round playoffs meetings, both against Lonoke. Hopefully our crowd can show up this Friday.

AirWarren

Ugh. Lonoke was a huge thorn. They are right there with Shiloh of who I want Warren to get a hold of again.

But this week, gravette.

LJ06

Quote from: AW on November 14, 2011, 06:46:12 pm
Ugh. Lonoke was a huge thorn. They are right there with Shiloh of who I want Warren to get a hold of again.

But this week, gravette.

Hey they might have had our number here lately, but they were just getting us back for that butt whipping we handed them in '04.

AirWarren

Beating us once to match it. I'm ok with that. Then get us the next year at home. Unacceptable!

LJ06

November 14, 2011, 07:16:46 pm #116 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:23:39 pm by LJ06
Quote from: AW on November 14, 2011, 07:08:32 pm
Beating us once to match it. I'm ok with that. Then get us the next year at home. Unacceptable!

It happens. Most of our losses in the playoffs have been at home unfortunately.  Just make sure when we see em again, we thump em.

Wendell Robinson

November 14, 2011, 07:36:57 pm #117 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:56:35 pm by Wendell Robinson
Quote from: LJ06 on November 14, 2011, 07:16:46 pm
Quote from: AW on November 14, 2011, 07:08:32 pm

It happens. Most of our losses in the playoffs have been at home unfortunately.  Just make sure when we see em again, we thump em.

Sounds about like us. Gravette's last 4 playoff losses have all been at home.  :(

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 14, 2011, 07:36:57 pm
Sounds about like us. Gravette's last 3 playoff losses have all been at home.  :(

Before last Friday I don't think you have played one on the road in several years, have you?

Wendell Robinson

November 14, 2011, 07:45:08 pm #119 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:46:39 pm by Wendell Robinson
Quote from: Skunk Ape, Esq. on November 14, 2011, 07:38:12 pm
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 14, 2011, 07:36:57 pm
Sounds about like us. Gravette's last 3 playoff losses have all been at home.  :(

Before last Friday I don't think you have played one on the road in several years, have you?

Well, our last road playoff game that I can remember was when "I" was coaching at Gravette. During the 2005 season, we went on the road to beat Trumann(18-6) and Clinton (34-12). Lost in the quarterfinals that year to D.J. Williams and company at CAC 31-8.

Logged a lot of miles on the old "activity bus" that year.

LJ06

November 14, 2011, 07:53:53 pm #120 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:56:02 pm by LJ06
Under Hembree our losses during playoffs:

00 - @ Ozark 2nd Round
03 - Nashville 1st Round
04 - CAC (State Champions) Quarterfinals
05 - Shiloh Christian 2nd Round
06 - Nashville (State Championship game)
07 - Nashville (State Champions) Quarterfinals
08 - @ Lonoke 2nd Round
09 - Lonoke 2nd Round
10 - @ Shiloh Christian (State Champions) 1st Round

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: LJ06 on November 14, 2011, 07:53:53 pm
Under Hembree our losses during playoffs:

00 - @ Ozark 2nd Round
03 - Nashville 1st Round
04 - CAC (State Champions) Quarterfinals
05 - Shiloh Christian 2nd Round
06 - Nashville (State Championship game)
07 - Nashville (State Champions) Quarterfinals
08 - @ Lonoke 2nd Round
09 - Lonoke 2nd Round
10 - @ Shiloh Christian (State Champions) 1st Round

The best part about this for ya'll is that 2001 and 2002 year. You didn't have a playoff loss, can't beat winning that last game of the year in the Rock

LJ06

Yeah I was just stating the fact that we have a tendacy to lose at home in the playoffs. We're road warriors! Haha

LmbrJkKV10

Couldn't be more righter!!!! +1

GLion Alum

I was away from the board most of yesterday and will be again today.  I just checked to see what I had missed on here as well as the other 4A game topics.  In my humble, unbiased  ;D opinion, the posts on the Warren-Gravette topic reflect what kind of teams we have--the best!  Keep up the good work, everybody!  LDC!

Wendell Robinson

The conversation on this topic have been very civil. Which just goes to show what I believed when we started discussing this topic. 2 knowledgable fan bases with quality, class programs. I'm hoping to see it more throughout the week and leading up to the game.

toobad4u993

You guys shouldn't play football. Y'all should just all gather around the 50 yd line and have a tea party.

LJ06

Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 15, 2011, 09:44:10 am
You guys shouldn't play football. Y'all should just all gather around the 50 yd line and have a tea party.

U Mad? ;D

toobad4u993

November 15, 2011, 10:22:30 am #128 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:52:40 am by toobad4u993
Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2011, 09:57:38 am

U Mad? ;D
There is too much butt slapping going on in this thread right now

LJ06

Quote from: toobad4u993 on November 15, 2011, 10:22:30 am
Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2011, 09:57:38 am

U Mad? ;D
There is too much butt slapping go on in this thread right now

LOL I think I'm gonna have to agree

Jimbo Morphis

tea party could be at dumas where basketball has already started.

toobad4u993

Quote from: Oldman on November 15, 2011, 10:52:01 am
tea party could be at dumas where basketball has already started.
That's why we have so many state championships, we get started early

AirWarren

These folks are civil. Why get the thread locked and then let the jacks do the real talking Friday night!

Wendell Robinson

I would rather people be having intelligible conversations as opposed to the constant arguing, slam talking that you normally get. However, once the ball is kicked off I expect the civility between the fans to stop.

phdefense

I think Warren has this one. Just from the outside looking in I think Gravette and Heber suffer from the same problem. They are just not mentally tough. They have the talent, execution and coaching to get it done, but when the pressure mounts up they falter. Just the opinion of someone from the outside looking in. That being said Gravette will have the fastest player on the field this week. Looking forward to a great "Wings of the Prairie Festival" capped off with much overdue Ricebird & Lumberjack slugfest next week. Go get'em Jacks no season is complete with out a Jacks/Birds tilt. Just hasn't seemed right the last three years.

AirWarren

Glion, if there is an interesting article in the morning news, nwa democrat, or other publication about the Warren/gravitate game please discuss it on here. I'd like to hear the viewpoints.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AW on November 15, 2011, 01:26:49 pm
Glion, if there is an interesting article in the morning news, nwa democrat, or other publication about the Warren/gravitate game please discuss it on here. I'd like to hear the viewpoints.
it says they have better coaches.

AirWarren

AirWarren

I hear you ph. We gotta get by a good gravette team. Lots of pressure is riding on these young kids.

Ok now to the bad news and I've waited long enough to tell. I won't be attending the Warren game friday night(sigh). BUT I will be attending the mike Anderson train in little rock instead. Didn't have a clue Warren would have two home games when I bought my lady's and her dads ticket(his birthday). Then the next day hog football! Good ole flappy will be texting me the whole time though.

Hopefully I'll get a chance the next week to attend another Warren playoff game!

G-Town38

Quote from: phdefense on November 15, 2011, 01:17:49 pm
I think Warren has this one. Just from the outside looking in I think Gravette and Heber suffer from the same problem. They are just not mentally tough. They have the talent, execution and coaching to get it done, but when the pressure mounts up they falter. Just the opinion of someone from the outside looking in. That being said Gravette will have the fastest player on the field this week. Looking forward to a great "Wings of the Prairie Festival" capped off with much overdue Ricebird & Lumberjack slugfest next week. Go get'em Jacks no season is complete with out a Jacks/Birds tilt. Just hasn't seemed right the last three years.

Who is this fastest player you speak of?

Big Fan

Quote from: AW on November 15, 2011, 06:45:43 pm
I hear you ph. We gotta get by a good gravette team. Lots of pressure is riding on these young kids.

Ok now to the bad news and I've waited long enough to tell. I won't be attending the Warren game friday night(sigh). BUT I will be attending the mike Anderson train in little rock instead. Didn't have a clue Warren would have two home games when I bought my lady's and her dads ticket(his birthday). Then the next day hog football! Good ole flappy will be texting me the whole time though.

Hopefully I'll get a chance the next week to attend another Warren playoff game!
Have you attended any Jack games this year?  Seems you post this a lot.....just an observation.

LJ06

Smh lol

Well I hate you'll miss it man. However you'll have a great time watching a more exciting brand of basketball Mike Anderson style. I'll be at the hog game myself Sat! Can't wait! Also heard Knile Davis may get playing time this week! ;D

GLion Alum

November 15, 2011, 07:15:59 pm #142 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:32:28 pm by GLion Alum

I'll do that.  (I started posting re stories about Gravette and other 1-4A teams primarily for the benefit of those Gravette fans who read FF.  Most 4A schools have hometown papers that are full of stories about their team, but about the only thing in ours (more correctly ours, Gentry's and Decatur's) are reprints of a few of those stories that appeared several days ago in the dailies.  I'm blessed by being a pretty good typist, if I say so myself  ;D, and it doesn't take me much time to do it.)

I regret that you won't be able to attend the game.  I'm still planning to attend, but a situation has developed that could result in my not attending.  In case I am able to attend, where is the football field in Warren?  My wife says I have a phobia about stopping to ask directions.   ;D

LJ06

When coming into Warren from Pine Bluff you'll come to a four way stop about half a mile from the city limit sign. Take a right at the stop and you'll see the stadium bout 100 yards down the road, behind some houses on your left.

GLion Alum

...the Warren/gravitate game...

"Wore on" will wear on the Lions' nerves so much that they will "gravitate" without mercy to the third round.   ;D

GLion Alum

Quote from: LJ06 on November 15, 2011, 07:24:08 pm
When coming into Warren from Pine Bluff you'll come to a four way stop about half a mile from the city limit sign. Take a right at the stop and you'll see the stadium bout 100 yards down the road, behind some houses on your left.

Thanks!

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on November 15, 2011, 06:53:34 pm

Ok now to the bad news and I've waited long enough to tell. I won't be attending the
Warren game friday night(sigh). BUT I will be attending the mike Anderson train in little rock instead. Didn't have a clue Warren would have two home games when I bought my lady's and her dads ticket(his birthday). Then the next day hog football! Good ole flappy will be texting me the whole time though.

Have you attended any Jack games this year?  Seems you post this a lot.....just an observation.
Well I work 12 hr night shifts in little rock. And I work every other Friday night so that's why. On my long weekend (6 days off) I have my little girl. She has had some colds this fall and I didn't want her out in Thr weather.

Before I was a career man and a dad of a two year old I was at every Warren game. I take my child to games when she isn't sick though!

LmbrJkKV10

Quote from: G-Town38 on November 15, 2011, 06:45:59 pm
Quote from: phdefense on November 15, 2011, 01:17:49 pm

Who is this fastest player you speak of?
Yeah! Whos's the fastest player?

Awfully confident thinking y'all are gonna walk thru them Cards! But I bet ya'll would like to get a hold of Warren after the last time Stuttgart supposedly had a good team. Think the Ricebirds had been ranked #1 all year this paticular year until they came to Lumberjack Stadium. Didn't fly back to Riceland with that same ranking!
You guys can look past Dway if that what you want to do, but we have a tough Gravette team coming to our house Friday night that we're not taking for granted. It's too bad The Little Rock TV stations didn't televise games this year because this slugfest would be worth seeing in person and catching it again on DVR.

ALLSTATE2009

gravette players better bring their mouth piece....watched the warren/valley view game last Friday(i couldn't make the trip to hoxie to watch fordyce) warren was very very very physical

dc24

We'll be more athletic, but that doesn't mean we'll win.  Athleticism doesn't always win games.

Gravette runs so many different formations so I know it's something that might throw us off at first.  I've also heard that according to several people that have seen them and the other 1-4A teams play that in their opinion, Gravette was the best team in the conference, they just happened to lose a couple of games when their RB was hurt. 

I think this could be a close game, but I do think we'll pull out the W in the end.  We may start out slow, and much slower than we did against VV after they scored the game's first touchdown.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gravette jumps out to an early lead and maintains it for longer, maybe all the way until half.  I think we'll make the adjustments and our defense will come through as they have all year.  If Drake is on and making good reads and throws then we should be able to overcome any early lead they may get because I don't believe they will be able to cover our WR's all night.  I also think our running game will be there, which will help tremendously if Drake isn't consistent all night. 

If Drake isn't on and Gravette can stop our running game, then they have an excellent shot to win.  I'm confident in our ability but once the playoffs hit, especially after that first round, you have to play your best or you may get beat and with a young team that is something you worry about.  I know we've been focused so far at practice and this is a big deal to the staff and players.  We haven't been passed the 2nd round since 2007 and we want to change that Friday night.  Gravette's a good team, and we'll have to be ready to play.  They had a long trip last friday and blew out Pocahontas so obviously that won't play much of a factor. 

I just hope we win, I don't care if it's by one point or thirty.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas