• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Storylines to follow for 2019 season?

Started by thatoneguy, June 13, 2019, 02:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thatoneguy

Hey everyone with summer practices about to start, are there any fun or interesting storylines across 6A that would be a good follow?

zebrafan

PB- New head coach and coming off first losing season since 07'.
Marion-gonna be really solid this year. Year 2 for coach Houston.
WM- can they break thru to WMS this year?
Jonesboro-some very nice pieces back this year can they make It to WMS?
Sylvan Hills-coming off a Semis appearance! Can they do it again?

thatoneguy

PB's new head coach.... Do you know anything about his coaching career before he got to PB? and how do you think Stinson will actually do?

zebrafan

Quote from: thatoneguy on June 13, 2019, 03:28:45 pm
PB's new head coach.... Do you know anything about his coaching career before he got to PB? and how do you think Stinson will actually do?
Started his coaching at PB as an assistant, took over LR Hall (can't remember the year, 2013?) and finished 2-8..he returned to PBH the following year. As the head coach I think he will do a good job...he's got some players this year...but that East is getting tougher each year!

dubbnation

What about the west? All seems quiet there. Will LH, Russ or someone else dethrone the champs?

zebrafan

Quote from: dubbnation on June 14, 2019, 08:43:49 am
What about the west? All seems quiet there. Will LH, Russ or someone else dethrone the champs?
Someone fill us in on the 6A West!😃

POWERCAT PRIDE

You have to add in Eldo as interesting story. Coming off a bad year for the Cats, losing long time and successful HC to Cabot and hiring a local 2A up and comer from JC down the road. New Defensive Coordinator and Offensive Coordinator.  Several position coaches gone also. Moving to the West and renewing rivalry with PB next year will be a story coming up.  Greenwood and Benton still the teams to beat in the West as far as I am concerned.

zebrafan

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on June 14, 2019, 01:14:49 pm
You have to add in Eldo as interesting story. Coming off a bad year for the Cats, losing long time and successful HC to Cabot and hiring a local 2A up and comer from JC down the road. New Defensive Coordinator and Offensive Coordinator.  Several position coaches gone also. Moving to the West and renewing rivalry with PB next year will be a story coming up.  Greenwood and Benton still the teams to beat in the West as far as I am concerned.
Good stuff. Looking forward to playing El Dorado again! Definitely wanna see ED play WM/JB/Marion...those will be some big games.

YoungThunder

I hope folks in El Dorado don't have high hopes on Coach Jones. His going to struggle and I don't see him lasted over 4 years. They will finish 3-7 or 4-6 at best this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas