• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Joe T Robinson(2.0). Semifinals. Let’s get it started!!!

Started by AirWarren, November 24, 2017, 09:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Bigbossman

Get the early order discount, go ahead and order the rings, Warren will win it all this year.

Overdahill

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 24, 2017, 09:43:13 pm
Get the early order discount, go ahead and order the rings, Warren will win it all this year.

that'll work out as well as it did for Nashville last year

LJ06

Going to be the toughest game thus far of the season. Robinson is an extremely talented and great football team. Its gonna be a barn burner. I can see this one going either way and a score much like last season 35-28.

Jack1990

No way I'd make that assumption. Too many good teams remaining.

LJ06

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 24, 2017, 09:46:45 pm

Arkadelphia is playing just as good as anybody.

mossflyer

Not often it happens this way because of the way the brackets are put together but the 4 best teams are in the semifinals.

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on November 24, 2017, 09:48:17 pm
Arkadelphia is playing just as good as anybody.
Absolutely. 4 good teams left. It's still anyone's championship to claim.

Romeo

LJ06

A victory next Friday will make it Warren's 4th trip to the finals in 5 years.

BP74

Really interested which offense can get it going first. Warren(player) and Burks wildcat offenses dominate early. This one could come down to coaching and Warren(team) holds clear advantage there.

RyanLR

This is the best game in 4A this season. Too close to call right now. I might have think on it for a couple days.

LJ06

Warren had over 450 yards rushing against Ozark and put over 350 yards rushing tonight against PG.

RyanLR

I know this Senator defense is really fired up about getting to play Warren again. They were already talking about it after the Gosnell game on the field. I don't know the exact stats but we held them to about 150 yards of total offense. They scored on their first two possessions and never again crossed the 50.

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on November 24, 2017, 10:08:38 pm
I know this Senator defense is really fired up about getting to play Warren again. They were already talking about it after the Gosnell game on the field. I don't know the exact stats but we held them to about 150 yards of total offense. They scored on their first two possessions and never again crossed the 50.

They should be. The last time you guys lost a game was to Warren.

PA Dad

I greatly admire Warren, its program and its coach.  I've predicted a Warren loss only two times- against PA and LRCA. 

But, I think Robinson wins this one.  There are great athletes on both teams, but I think this is Robinson's year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 24, 2017, 09:46:45 pm

This game is going to be a good one.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Those stats are probably pretty close. They may have had a few more, but I doubt It was over 200. One thing that puzzled me was the change of offense for Robinson in the 2nd half. Gosnell never stopped Robinson in the first half with Tackett at QB, why in the world does the coach take him out and run the wildcat with Warren? The game probably would have been over a lot sooner.

AirWarren

We will probably lay down in defeat.

bulldoghistorian

I plan to come up for this game! Does Robinson have a radio station?

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 24, 2017, 09:50:52 pm
Warren is 6-0 in semi-final games under Coach Hembree.

An intangible of the game that is huge.

STUNNA

Robinson may be better... but I'd never pick against Hembree right now. I think he is getting better as a coach by the game. And Treylon Burks is a once in a generation type player. I look for him to touch the ball over 30 times against Robinson.

RyanLR

I can't wait to see Treylon Burks against Caezar Warren. Both play linebacker and both are going to see each other a lot on the field. Do you guys see Burks as a WR at the next level or RB? Just what a game this has the potential to be.

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on November 25, 2017, 08:53:51 am
I can't wait to see Treylon Burks against Caezar Warren. Both play linebacker and both are going to see each other a lot on the field. Do you guys see Burks as a WR at the next level or RB? Just what a game this has the potential to be.

WR

RyanLR

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on November 25, 2017, 09:02:27 am
I think Caezar is going to be an SEC caliber MLB. He is a great RB now though.

Both are players that can play numerous positions it just seems that WR is the most natural for Burks. He is a heck of a LB though.

STUNNA

Seems like Burks has been playing high school football forever.. lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Hey, with Brett B gone, let them both go to Arkansas and play together

STUNNA

Warren will most likely end up going the juco route and then find his way to a D1 school.

SUGARTOWN

I think it's fairly simple for Robinson. If they can slow down Burks in the heavy wildcat package they can most certainly win. Now, that may be easier said than done, but this will be the toughest defense Warren has played all year. They have the size to matchup with Warren up front, their linebackers will be the key. If they can fill the gaps and wrap up Burks for short gains they'll be ok. Obviously, you can't give up the 50-60 yard plays.

Of course, Robinson's go to offense is the same as the Lumberjacks, the wildcat with Ceazar running the ball. I think they'll be able to score on the Jacks, Page should play both ways this game IMO. The Senators seem to be slow starters a few games this year so they'll need to get off to a quick start to put some pressure on the Jacks, they haven't been in a 4 qtr game since week 2.

It should be a heckuva game and I plan on taking the short trip to Robinson to see this game in person.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 25, 2017, 10:42:44 am
I think it's fairly simple for Robinson. If they can slow down Burks in the heavy wildcat package they can most certainly win. Now, that may be easier said than done, but this will be the toughest defense Warren has played all year. They have the size to matchup with Warren up front, their linebackers will be the key. If they can fill the gaps and wrap up Burks for short gains they'll be ok. Obviously, you can't give up the 50-60 yard plays.

Of course, Robinson's go to offense is the same as the Lumberjacks, the wildcat with Ceazar running the ball. I think they'll be able to score on the Jacks, Page should play both ways this game IMO. The Senators seem to be slow starters a few games this year so they'll need to get off to a quick start to put some pressure on the Jacks, they haven't been in a 4 qtr game since week 2.

It should be a heckuva game and I plan on taking the short trip to Robinson to see this game in person.

Last night was my first ever 4A playoff game. And first time to see either team play.

But last night Robinson was 10×'s better looking with Tackett at QB. The defense couldn't key on Ceazar and it opened up the offense. Gosnell could not stop the pass.

SUGARTOWN

^^^ That's good to hear. Tackett is a pretty good QB, I just knew when he struggled against Arkadelphia, they went predominately to the wildcat. Maybe they won't need to do that next week, they do have quite a few weapons on offense.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 25, 2017, 10:53:45 am
^^^ That's good to hear. Tackett is a pretty good QB, I just knew when he struggled against Arkadelphia, they went predominately to the wildcat. Maybe they won't need to do that next week, they do have quite a few weapons on offense.

Last season Warren jumped out to a 21-0 lead on Robinson I believe and the Senators could never get themselves out of the hole. They used their traditional offense in the first half, but switched to the single wing in the 2nd half in order to muster some offense, which worked.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 25, 2017, 10:55:40 am
Last season Warren jumped out to a 21-0 lead on Robinson I believe and the Senators could never get themselves out of the hole. They used their traditional offense in the first half, but switched to the single wing in the 2nd half in order to muster some offense, which worked.

Yep. I think Eskola learned from that and is quicker to change this year when things aren't working.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 25, 2017, 11:12:52 am
Yep. I think Eskola learned from that and is quicker to change this year when things aren't working.

I think you are correct. It's gonna be a right on Friday night. It will be interesting to see which offense both teams go with to start off.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 25, 2017, 11:12:52 am

No relative to play the QB this year.

SUGARTOWN

BP74

Hard to go against Warren in big games, but I think Robinson has the defense this year to get it done.
Robinson will probably have a couple defenders go to the bathroom with Burks to make sure he doesn't have the ball  ;D

Senators 31 Lumberjacks 28

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BP74 on November 25, 2017, 11:54:28 am
Hard to go against Warren in big games, but I think Robinson has the defense this year to get it done.
Robinson will probably have a couple defenders go to the bathroom with Burks to make sure he doesn't have the ball  ;D

Senators 31 Lumberjacks 28

Kinda hard to stop him from getting the ball though when they snap it to him.

Maynard G Krebs

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 25, 2017, 12:01:51 pm
could this be considered the "real" championship game?

No, I think you'd have to throw Arkadelphia in the mix as well.

prHOG13

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 25, 2017, 12:01:51 pm
could this be considered the "real" championship game?
If that makes you feel better, sure. The winner of the other side of the bracket will have their say in WMS

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 12:07:58 pm
If that makes you feel better, sure. The winner of the other side of the bracket will have their say in WMS

I'll feel better either say.  Both games should be good ones

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: LJ06 on November 25, 2017, 10:55:40 am
It only worked because we had a starting DE go down with a knee injury. The backup did the wrong assignment which also messed up our LB. Different year this year with this group of Senators. They have a real deal RB unlike last year.

Romeo

Watching Kolian Jackson run that single wing package in last year's playoff game might have been Coach Hembree's inspiration for running this set with Burks. I don't think you'll see that set much against Robinson. You can run that offense consistently against Ozark or Prairie Grove. We probably won't be able to do that against Robinson.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on November 25, 2017, 12:15:19 pm
Watching Kolian Jackson run that wildcat package in last year's playoff game might have been Coach Hembree's inspiration for running that set with Burks. I don't think you'll see that set much against Robinson. You can run that offense consistently against Ozark or Prairie Grove. We probably won't be able to do that against Robinson.

If you can't do that then I think you guys will be in trouble Friday.

FBfan79

AirWarren

STUNNA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas