• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 job openings

Started by Bigtimebasketballfan, January 29, 2016, 11:11:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Basketball_101

Where did the coach from Hector go?

Moonshiner

Calico a Rock girls job is supposedly open.

ab24

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 18, 2016, 11:15:05 am
Calico a Rock girls job is supposedly open.

Where did Wright go?  Also where did Hodges at Cave City go?

OB11

Was told Rivercrest's Coach Everett was taking an administrative position at Marion.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Basketball_101 on May 18, 2016, 11:03:59 am
Where did the coach from Hector go?
7th grade boys at russellville

Moonshiner

Quote from: ab24 on May 18, 2016, 11:23:57 am
Where did Wright go?  Also where did Hodges at Cave City go?

Wright to Nettleton JH

Googlymoogly

May 18, 2016, 10:14:44 pm #106 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:34:12 am by Googlymoogly
Don't know if anyone has started a girls' coaching opening list but I will start it:

Calico Rock
Cedar Ridge
Springdale Har-Ber

I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now. Please add to this list

Missco

I think Osceola and Piggot girl's jobs are open.

Basketball_101

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 10, 2016, 08:24:05 am
BIC -
Texarkana -
Salem -
Mountain Home -
Gentry -
JC Westside -
Cross County -
EPC -
Cedar Ridge -
De Queen -
Cave City -
Bentonville-West Assistant -
Gravette Jr. High -
Monticello Jr. High -
Little Rock Christian Jr. High -
West Fork Jr. High -

These are the jobs that have been not been filled to my knowledge.

Heard on the radio Salem has been filled. They are very excited about the hire from hearing the interview.

NWA Hawg

Basketball_101

Blake Haney i believe. Said on the radio he was the Jr. Boys head coach/ Sr. boys asst. at Waldron for the past couple years. Played at Northark under Jerry Thomason and 2 years at Central Baptist. Had a pretty decorated couple of years at CBC and did a very good job at waldron from what the interview said. Young, energetic, and hard-nosed from what I gathered.

Googlymoogly

May 19, 2016, 10:40:49 am #111 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:50:12 am by Googlymoogly
OK here is an updated list on the girls' openings:

Calico Rock
Cedar Ridge
Osceola
Pea Ridge
Piggott
Springdale Har-Ber
Spring Hill
Walnut Ridge
White Hall

And unless I just flat missed the announcement, did they ever hire a girls coach at the new Bentonville West high school?

Sportsjunky

Camden Harmony Grove Head Boys should be coming open soon.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 19, 2016, 10:40:49 am
OK here is an updated list on the girls' openings:

Calico Rock
Cedar Ridge
Osceola
Pea Ridge
Piggott
Springdale Har-Ber
Spring Hill
Walnut Ridge
White Hall

And unless I just flat missed the announcement, did they ever hire a girls coach at the new Bentonville West high school?
Don't remember who, but yes they have hired at Bentonville west...and I believe I saw today where they have hired at harbor. Did they ever hire at lead hill?

redbear90

Spring Hill is open? Where is the current coach going, he hasn't been there long.

Googlymoogly

I found the story on it... Randy Richardson was named the Bentonville West head girls coach back in April

Head Lion

Bill Taylor back at BIC, you heard it here first.

w ballers

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on May 19, 2016, 10:35:11 pm

dang HL you keep up with BIC as much as you do Manila  lol!!

bluegrassboy75

Mtn Home has hired Grant Greenhaw as their HS Boys coach.  He was the interim coach last year.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on May 19, 2016, 10:35:11 pm

I'm hearing Sr high only

OwlFan4

Emerson introduced their new coach at their sports banquet last Friday night, Garret Southerland, who just graduated from UCA back in December.  He's been substituting for Cabot's coaches off and on since graduating.  He's been hanging out at their practices when he's not been subbing for them, he's a gym rat/basketball junkie.  He's a 2010 graduate of Abundant Life  and played a 1 1/2 years at Williams Baptist.  His younger brother Hunter was the MVP for Cabot when they won 7A state this year.  Garret's also a youth minister, gospel singer and musician.  He'll be a great influence on his team and will make a fine coach in time.  It helps to have several starters back from a team that went to back to back state finals.  It should be easier to start out at a program with the tradition and support Emerson has than to start out at a losing program.  Garret said that if Emerson's population is 350, he bet 300 were at their sports banquet.

bobcats

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 12, 2016, 01:09:59 pm
BIC -
Texarkana -
Salem -
Mountain Home -
Gentry -
JC Westside -
Cross County -
EPC -
Cedar Ridge -
De Queen -
Strong -
Searcy -
Bentonville-West Assistant -
Gravette Jr. High -
Monticello Jr. High -
Little Rock Christian Jr. High -
West Fork Jr. High -

These are the jobs that have been not been filled to my knowledge.

I have a question, several jobs have come open this year which the word is are you can't win there type of places.  Or at least you won't win many or any games in the next few years.  What makes a job this type of place?  I have read that on this board for Searcy, and Gentry and apparently Newport falls in that category as they won 1 game last year according to Maxpreps.  I am sure there are many others that fall in this category.  These are 4A or higher schools which should be better on a consistent basis.  Is it administration, coaching, lack of talent or the community in general or some of all the above.

always88

Quote from: bobcats on May 20, 2016, 02:24:53 pm
I have a question, several jobs have come open this year which the word is are you can't win there type of places.  Or at least you won't win many or any games in the next few years.  What makes a job this type of place?  I have read that on this board for Searcy, and Gentry and apparently Newport falls in that category as they won 1 game last year according to Maxpreps.  I am sure there are many others that fall in this category.  These are 4A or higher schools which should be better on a consistent basis.  Is it administration, coaching, lack of talent or the community in general or some of all the above.
In Gentry, the current administration has been the downfall of the overall athletic program throughout his time here. Fortunately for the community, this superintendent only has one year left and his habit of hiring "yes men" and "administrative fits" is coming to an abrupt end. Also, the previous boys coach understood basketball as a game, but did not understand how to coach his players or make adjustments while the game was in progress. He was basically out coached for 6 years by the rest of the 1-4A coaches.

bobcats

Quote from: always88 on May 20, 2016, 04:48:37 pm
In Gentry, the current administration has been the downfall of the overall athletic program throughout his time here. Fortunately for the community, this superintendent only has one year left and his habit of hiring "yes men" and "administrative fits" is coming to an abrupt end. Also, the previous boys coach understood basketball as a game, but did not understand how to coach his players or make adjustments while the game was in progress. He was basically out coached for 6 years by the rest of the 1-4A coaches.

It looks like the important hire for Gentry will be next year!  Hopefully they won't hire another superintendent like the current one.

always88

basketballcoach15

May 23, 2016, 10:13:12 am #126 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:15:47 am by basketballcoach15
BIC
Texarkana
Mountain Home
Gentry
JC Westside
Cross County
EPC
Cedar Ridge
Strong
Searcy
Watson Chapel
Newport
Southside Bee Branch 
Caddo Hills
Dermott
Bentonville-West Assistant
Gravette Jr. High
West Fork Jr. High

basketballcoach15

I do know that JC Westside, EPC, and Cedar Ridge have had interviews already. BIC still looking for a coach.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 23, 2016, 10:15:02 am
I do know that JC Westside, EPC, and Cedar Ridge have had interviews already. BIC still looking for a coach.
Coach Taylor came back to BIC

2aball

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 23, 2016, 10:15:02 am

BIC brought Taylor back. EPC probably making a hire withing the next day or so. Pretty sure they have their guy.

basketballcoach15

Hear Green County Tech's coach is headed to Bentonville-West. I know Cedar Ridge has called for more interviews.

basketballcoach15

Mountain Home
Gentry
JC Westside
Cross County
EPC
Cedar Ridge
Strong
Searcy
Watson Chapel
Newport
Southside Bee Branch 
Caddo Hills
Dermott
Gravette Jr. High

NWA Hawg

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 24, 2016, 08:06:32 am
Hear Green County Tech's coach is headed to Bentonville-West. I know Cedar Ridge has called for more interviews.

Coach Martin?

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: 2aball on May 23, 2016, 05:24:35 pm
BIC brought Taylor back. EPC probably making a hire withing the next day or so. Pretty sure they have their guy.
Who is their guy? Logan Nutt?

bdubyab60

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on May 24, 2016, 09:20:37 am
By the way Im reading on here its Browns father.

Oldref

Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 24, 2016, 12:33:32 pm
By the way Im reading on here its Browns father.

I watched him coach last year from the first row behind the bench. At least if he gets the job he can move to the bench:-)  Last year EPC would call a timeout and all the players and even coach Pierce would turn around and face the bleachers and get instructions from the front row. Never saw anything quite like that before where even the coach seemed to listen  to a fan in the stands like that. Guess it worked they made they state finals. 

2aball

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on May 24, 2016, 09:20:37 am

Steve Brown. Je'Sabian Brown's father. He knows his stuff.

Nutt didn't make the final round of interviews.

jrhall2

Anyone know if Monticello jr high is still open?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on May 24, 2016, 06:27:22 pm
I watched him coach last year from the first row behind the bench. At least if he gets the job he can move to the bench:-)  Last year EPC would call a timeout and all the players and even coach Pierce would turn around and face the bleachers and get instructions from the front row. Never saw anything quite like that before where even the coach seemed to listen  to a fan in the stands like that. Guess it worked they made they state finals.

It was kinda like that when Ky Madden was there.  Not that Coach Hill didn't know basketball.  Maddens dad was so vocal that the kids just had to listen.  Hills best move might've been to put Madden Sr. on the bench with him. He toned it down quit a bit after that.

basketballjones

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on May 24, 2016, 08:09:13 am
Mountain Home
Gentry
JC Westside
Cross County
EPC
Cedar Ridge
Strong
Searcy
Watson Chapel
Newport
Southside Bee Branch 
Caddo Hills
Dermott
Gravette Jr. High
Is this list updated?

basketballjones

Pea Ridge JR High is open also

Potbelly

The word is that the GCT boys coach (Martin) has accepted the assistant position at Bentonville-West...looks as if GCT is on the search again.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Oldref on May 24, 2016, 06:27:22 pm
While some of that stuff was strange we played better once he started hleping out more. Still agree he should have kept it a little quieter on the sideline. But he does know basketball and in the long run helped Pierce. But there were some things that Pierce did that folks around here didnt like ot much.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 25, 2016, 08:16:34 am
It was kinda like that when Ky Madden was there.  Not that Coach Hill didn't know basketball.  Maddens dad was so vocal that the kids just had to listen.  Hills best move might've been to put Madden Sr. on the bench with him. He toned it down quit a bit after that.
Madden was on the sidelines long before Ky hit the floor all the way back to when Monk was playing. Heard he helped Pierce in practices this past year as well but have only been told that.

basketballjones

There seems to be a lot of jobs still open but wouldn't it make sense to not drag these things out so you could have all of summer to put your system in? Most of the schools share athletes so they would be in football when school starts and be way behind by the time basketball season starts

2aball

Quote from: basketballjones on May 25, 2016, 04:36:38 pm
There seems to be a lot of jobs still open but wouldn't it make sense to not drag these things out so you could have all of summer to put your system in? Most of the schools share athletes so they would be in football when school starts and be way behind by the time basketball season starts

Definitely best to get someone as soon as possible. This is the time of year that a lot of coaches are signing contracts. If they sign again with their current school, the administration might not let them out of it. So it's best to get offers to guys you are interested in before they sign their contracts.

jrhall2

I would think the 1A schools would be offering quick to snatch up good coaches  before larger schools decide to.

Googlymoogly

June 03, 2016, 11:05:41 am #147 Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:10:57 am by Googlymoogly
Heard today that Jonathan Klein has been hired as the new Cedar Ridge girls coach.
Research I've done tells me he was previously at Forrest City junior high

Head Lion

Manila has a hi school special Ed opening. Hint hint

Googlymoogly

June 06, 2016, 10:53:46 am #149 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:22:04 pm by Googlymoogly
Bruno-Pyatt (all four teams) is about to be open again. Bobby Howard is about to return to North Arkansas College, as the baseball coach this time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas