• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon basketball 2018

Started by da greatest bigbaby, November 12, 2018, 06:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

keohog

MomaLion

da greatest bigbaby

Bdub what happened to the mighty Clarendon lions lasnite did it snow up in nea AR lepanto  or did yaw refs do us in lasnite lol I was expecting another blowout like we gave marked tree in Clarendon

bdubyab60

I didn't get to go. Was getting the score from my wife. Been putting in free hours at work.

I will admit I am surprised. However if you want to bring in the refs whos to say they didn't help you guys against every opponent that comes in to Clarendon.

What's more likely that happened is it's like I've been saying Clarendon isn't championship material. For sure not the best team in 2A. Last I checked EPC was just  bellow .500 this year. Having lost to both MT and Earle at home, though they were somewhat close games. So we aren't bad per say but we aren't winning. But we won this one without a single D1 prospect that I know of. No monk, Madden, Sturdivant or Turner either.

But since I wasn't there and in all seriousness I'm gonna give congrats to my warriors for beating a good team. Our boys play hard and deserve all the credit for this win. I think this keeps us undefeated against Clarendon.

Good luck to Clarendon the rest of the way still plenty of games to come

MomaLion

In all honesty, we played terrible...totally different team than the one that played Marked Tree...BUT you  have to play hard every game or you lose games that you really shouldn't...EPC came ready to play, so congrats to them.  If we went into state playing the way we did last night, we'd be out first round for sure.

birddawg1986

Once again toughest 2A boys basketball conference in the state. When you go on the road it's tough to come home with a win. 1 or 2 teams that will be pretty good will get beat in district/not advancing to regionals. Besides Kipp Delta, any boys team can beat the other team on any night of the week.

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 11, 2019, 08:08:57 am
Once again toughest 2A boys basketball conference in the state. When you go on the road it's tough to come home with a win. 1 or 2 teams that will be pretty good will get beat in district/not advancing to regionals. Besides Kipp Delta, any boys team can beat the other team on any night of the week.
. Always been that way up there Clarendon is getting a taste of what y'all have dealt with for years! Why so many State championships have came from there even when Cedar ridge won there's they came through that region! Do you remember the Cedar team that was undefeated and went to region and lost to rector didn't even make State that was Spencer Reeves freshman year

RedWolf275

Quote from: MomaLion on January 11, 2019, 06:47:59 am
In all honesty, we played terrible...totally different team than the one that played Marked Tree...BUT you  have to play hard every game or you lose games that you really shouldn't...EPC came ready to play, so congrats to them.  If we went into state playing the way we did last night, we'd be out first round for sure.

Sounds like Clarendon is very inconsistent.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on January 11, 2019, 08:59:30 am
. Always been that way up there Clarendon is getting a taste of what y'all have dealt with for years! Why so many State championships have came from there even when Cedar ridge won there's they came through that region! Do you remember the Cedar team that was undefeated and went to region and lost to rector didn't even make State that was Spencer Reeves freshman year
For the past decade or more any team has had to earn their stripes coming though this region.

Earle always has some head scratching losses in regular season. But they are always so deep that most of the time it's they are playing guys early to get them ready for post season. Case in point the last two years. EPC and MT both beat Earle during the regular season. Come post season Earle somewhat easily beat both teams as Earle had their full roster playing and rotation set.

As far as Clarendon is concerned. They are a solid program. It's hard to win a state title. But for the most part title contenders don't lose games like this and when they do there is some outlier as in Earles case or something else. I know these are kids and keeping them focused is tough but I can tell you when EPC was on their run those guys out folks away every night even good teams.

da greatest bigbaby

Yeah Bdub that's what I was wondering how yaw beat us with noo d-1 players nearly impossible unless yaw had some other help lol moma we should have 4 state titles 2 with ro them last year's team with Kalil an for sure  this year with 6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd I noo were a young team but do you think we should call for coach Hudson or is it 2 early an maybe 5 with jamarlin them

FoxandHound34

Yea and I should be a billionaire but I'm not

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 12, 2019, 01:06:36 pm
Yeah Bdub that's what I was wondering how yaw beat us with noo d-1 players nearly impossible unless yaw had some other help lol moma we should have 4 state titles 2 with ro them last year's team with Kalil an for sure  this year with 6'6 Malik an 6'4 Rodd I noo were a young team but do you think we should call for coach Hudson or is it 2 early an maybe 5 with jamarlin them
.  I'm going to explain to you why y'all have no championships it's because y'all lose plain and simple! No way y'all would have beat Cedar y'all never had a chance! I guess all the other times y'all didn't have chance either because you lost and didn't even make finals!

da greatest bigbaby

Ctucker yaw beat marked tree 1st then holler back @ me yaw Bdub an Dogg dem lol an far as cedar ridge if we whip'd on 6a state champs pine bluff an 5a state champ lr McClellan which were very Salty cedar should've got blown out  I guess we over looked cedar lol well we want over look yaw this year an the state is in Carlisle like a home game for us yaw come on down an get whip'd on  lol I'm sure it's gonna be us an marked tree again

Ctucker

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 12, 2019, 05:20:03 pm
Ctucker yaw beat marked tree 1st then holler back @ me yaw Bdub an Dogg dem lol an far as cedar ridge if we whip'd on 6a state champs pine bluff an 5a state champ lr McClellan which were very Salty cedar should've got blown out  I guess we over looked cedar lol well we want over look yaw this year an the state is in Carlisle like a home game for us yaw come on down an get whip'd on  lol I'm sure it's gonna be us an marked tree again
Dude you have lost your mind Cedar would have whipped y'all ever day for 30 days if y'all would have played them! But keep dreaming! And we did beat Earle last year unlike y'all! And just like y'all nobody beat them when in counted! Surely you remember Cedar didn't just beat y'all they blew yalls doors off!

Ctucker

Hey Baby we're is y'all studs from the team that played Cedar play at now! Just wondering I'm pretty sure one Reeves is playing overseas for money and the other is at Oklahoma sitting out this year after transferring from witchita State were he had 2 great years!

Ctucker

Quote from: Ctucker on January 12, 2019, 06:00:24 pm
Dude you have lost your mind Cedar would have whipped y'all ever day for 30 days if y'all would have played them! But keep dreaming! And we did beat Earle last year unlike y'all! And just like y'all nobody beat them when in counted! Surely you remember Cedar didn't just beat y'all they blew yalls doors off!
. I think you got year wrong anyway when y'all beat them teams you lost in first round of state to a four seed! And England won state that year! Do you actually even keep up with clarendon?

AR Ball Junkie

Nobody was beating Cedar the year they beat Clarendon in the finals.  If memory serves me correctly, Clarendon hit a last second shot against JC to send them to the finals.  JC was the favorite or perceived favorite against Clarendon at their home gym.  With all of that being said, Clarendon has a good ball program.  There are a lot of 2A teams that would love to have their success over the last few years.  IMO, Earle is still the favorite this year until someone beats them.  I don't think Clarendon or MT are quite as good right now as they were last year.  Of course, there is still time to get the kinks worked out over the next few weeks. Should be fun watching these upcoming district and regional tourneys. 

Ctucker

Quote from: AR Ball Junkie on January 12, 2019, 08:36:06 pm
Nobody was beating Cedar the year they beat Clarendon in the finals.  If memory serves me correctly, Clarendon hit a last second shot against JC to send them to the finals.  JC was the favorite or perceived favorite against Clarendon at their home gym.  With all of that being said, Clarendon has a good ball program.  There are a lot of 2A teams that would love to have their success over the last few years.  IMO, Earle is still the favorite this year until someone beats them.  I don't think Clarendon or MT are quite as good right now as they were last year.  Of course, there is still time to get the kinks worked out over the next few weeks. Should be fun watching these upcoming district and regional tourneys.
. I belive you are correct in everything you said! And Clarendon does have good program! But Big Baby doesn't have a clue!

bdubyab60

You got beat. Plain and simple. Clarendon isn't a contender

bdubyab60

You didn't overlook anything. You got freaking smoked. Had zero chance in that game and still the largest margin of victory in a 2A title game for CR. Quit claiming imaginary titles. They don't exist. You have no clue of what your talking about and just running your mouth is all you do.

Clarendon will on the rail again come finals time, bank on it. Only thing that will be salty for them is the popcorn they are eating sitting in the stands watching games

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on January 12, 2019, 06:00:24 pm
If not for the mercy rule it would have been way worse. Over at the tip that title game was

da greatest bigbaby

Ctucker I think ro plays for uapb an I think Malik is going 2 ualr or ark st an as far the state goes we will be right back where we were last season whip'n on yaw an marked tree maybe we will play them in the finals I'm not sure if you guys will make state Bdub an ctucker lol

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 10, 2019, 10:03:07 pm
Whipped em lol 58-51 EPC
Bdubya. Clarendon lost to a subpar EPC team???

Cheek

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 13, 2019, 12:03:46 am
Ctucker I think ro plays for uapb an I think Malik is going 2 ualr or ark st an as far the state goes we will be right back where we were last season whip'n on yaw an marked tree maybe we will play them in the finals I'm not sure if you guys will make state Bdub an ctucker lol

GBB, you know Ro is not playing for UAPB.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on January 13, 2019, 07:38:20 am
Yep got whipped over here in Lepanto. They came in thinking they gonna be champs and we sent them out chumps

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 13, 2019, 12:03:46 am
Clarendon will be sitting with us on the sidelines. You can bank in that. I know for sure now the refs cooked your game against MT. Earle git up big on y'all then went to sleep is what it looks like. And you realize last season you didn't win it either right. Just choked again.

EPC undefeated against Clarendon. Can't wven beat us when we down lol. Pretenders nit contenders

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on January 13, 2019, 07:56:18 am
. Like I said he don't even no witch team played who or were anybody is playing I don't even think he keeps up with Clarendon! He just hears a little here and there around town then acts like he is a big fan!

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2019, 08:54:33 am
Clarendon will be sitting with us on the sidelines. You can bank in that. I know for sure now the refs cooked your game against MT. Earle git up big on y'all then went to sleep is what it looks like. And you realize last season you didn't win it either right. Just choked again.

EPC undefeated against Clarendon. Can't wven beat us when we down lol. Pretenders nit contenders
we will make State heck y'all might not! I can tell you from experience them teams y'all will be playing in region will not roll over and just let y'all win!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on January 13, 2019, 09:36:39 am
we will make State heck y'all might not! I can tell you from experience them teams y'all will be playing in region will not roll over and just let y'all win!

Clarendon has not faired well against quality 2A teams.  They lost to England. Bay, Earle and EPC.  The only tough team they beat was  MT.   

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on January 13, 2019, 10:13:55 am
Clarendon has not faired well against quality 2A teams.  They lost to England. Bay, Earle and EPC.  The only tough team they beat was  MT.
At home with the help of the refs or MT just played a bad game. More than likely and more than anything Clarendon did

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on January 13, 2019, 09:36:39 am
Thougt yiu were a WCC fan and where have I mentioned them? Don't know if you responded to the right comment here or what.

But Clarendon isn't making the finals.

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2019, 10:50:36 am
Thougt yiu were a WCC fan and where have I mentioned them? Don't know if you responded to the right comment here or what.

But Clarendon isn't making the finals.
sorry put this on wrong quote!

Ctucker

Quote from: Ctucker on January 13, 2019, 03:03:40 pm
sorry put this on wrong quote!
Heck bduby I'm pretty much blind anymore!lol but I don't ever count out any teams from yalls old conference!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Ctucker on January 13, 2019, 03:08:11 pm
Heck bduby I'm pretty much blind anymore!lol but I don't ever count out any teams from yalls old conference!
It happens lol

bdubyab60

And now according to some folks thinking as long as Clarendon wins the title, which they won't, EPC, Bay and England so far get a share of the 2 A title.

da greatest bigbaby

January 13, 2019, 09:41:06 pm #386 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:44:45 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Whatever Bdub you didn't make it 2 the game lol an Clarendon 12-1 in the 1st qtr over then no. 1 marked tree in Clarendon wouldn't have anything 2 do with refs Malik had like 15 blocks lol now down 20 2 earle in earle 1st half  not the  mighty Clarendon lions then tied it up with :09 secs left in the game sounds suspect for any 2a team Vs Clarendon this year lol an Clarendon lose'n 2 epc this year in lepanto on a Thursday  is very suspect bdub lol an cheek I thought ro had signed with uapb after he finished @ the juco college in Illinois well he will be in action March 23rd in Clarendon for the 3rd annual charity game Vs the  power 92  jammers semi pro team that's if he make the team you got 6'7 Moore from Clarendon he transfer'd 2 altheimer an won the 2a state title an he played over sea's then Cedric Houston ect an some younger guys   Steve Tyler made the team

bdubyab60

Only thing suspect around here is Clarendon ability to win on the road away from their refs.

You got took to the woodshed Thursday. Pretenders

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 11, 2019, 08:08:57 am
Very true about being the toughest conference.  Unfortunate that some good teams won't advance as they really should.

MomaLion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2019, 09:56:08 am
Sounds like Clarendon is very inconsistent.
For sure.  It's like they only get up for teams that they know will challenge them.  I tried to tell them not to overlook EPC...their win/loss record doesn't accurately depict the team...it seems that they are pretty inconsistent as well.

MomaLion

Coach is doing fine.  He's been getting them ready for state by putting them up against the types of teams we historically don't do well against(Mountain Home tournament) and taking the time to try various rotations to find the right fit.  Even in the tightest games, he's played a variation of all 3 strings to give the starters a breather and get the younger ones ready for postseason. This is the first year that I believe we are truly ready for a title run...they just have to stop being so inconsistent.

MomaLion

We wouldn't have beaten Cedar Ridge that year because we hadn't been exposed to their type of play.  That has now been remedied. McClellan and PB played our style of ball so we could count on our talent to win.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 12, 2019, 06:05:37 pm
Hey Baby we're is y'all studs from the team that played Cedar play at now! Just wondering I'm pretty sure one Reeves is playing overseas for money and the other is at Oklahoma sitting out this year after transferring from witchita State were he had 2 great years!
What difference does it make where they are?  Nobody said that Cedar wasn't a great team that year. You just love to let him bait you don't you???  If y'all dislike him and what he says so much just don't respond.  He'll get tired of talking to himself.  Y'all are just giving him what he wants.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 12, 2019, 06:16:18 pm
. I think you got year wrong anyway when y'all beat them teams you lost in first round of state to a four seed! And England won state that year! Do you actually even keep up with clarendon?
We had also beaten them and won the Pine Bluff tournament the year before...it seems that you are the one that doesn't keep up.

MomaLion

Quote from: AR Ball Junkie on January 12, 2019, 08:36:06 pm
I've said the same thing about that Cedar Ridge team.  Clarendon has talent in different ways this year though that I believe will pay off in the end, even with the losses thus far.  IMO our biggest fault is not playing every game like it was the championship.  If Malik played every game like he did against Marked Tree, we'd be darn near unstoppable.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 12, 2019, 11:14:19 pm
You got beat. Plain and simple. Clarendon isn't a contender
Now see, that's where you are wrong.  Go ahead and sleep on us, it'll be a fun post season....and that was regarding the bit about us not being a contender.

MomaLion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 13, 2019, 07:38:20 am
Haven't y'all learned that these games have little to do with the post season?  I'd be willing to be that we wouldn't lose to EPC a second time.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on January 13, 2019, 07:56:18 am
He was at one time, i'm not sure about now.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2019, 08:54:33 am

Man you really have a beef with Clarendon, don't you? lol...There was no home cooking at Clarendon, did you see Malik's stats??? Even Marked Tree knows they just got beat. And by the way, we have a totally different set of refs in Clarendon this year and they haven't given us any favors lol...we have a woman that is absolutely terrible. Now in EPC, we could argue some ref interference there but I didn't because we have to play well enough to overcome any of that. As for Earle, if they let off the gas, that's on them.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2019, 10:45:59 am
At home with the help of the refs or MT just played a bad game. More than likely and more than anything Clarendon did

Was it our refs that got us the win over Farmington and Paragould and had us neck and neck with Mountain Home? You have a real problem if you get this fired up over a team that you beat. If you were not at the game, you have nothing to say PERIOD. Trying to say that we got a cheated win over MT is asinine.  Look at the stats...the refs have nothing to do with those.  Malik couldn't be touched that night.  Your petty obsession with Clarendon basketball is really pathetic.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas