• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CWS 2019

Started by bulldoghistorian, June 15, 2019, 12:16:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

The format:
8 teams
2 4 team brackets
Double elimination for every team
2 games a day
Today's schedule:
Michigan vs Texas Tech
Florida State vs Arkansas
Tomorrow:
Louisville vs Vanderbilt
Auburn vs Mississippi State
Home team listed last

beach bum

I don't think we could have landed in a better position headed into this thing.... The other side of the bracket has the 3 teams we should worry the most about in Vandy, Miss State, and Louisville so they'll beat up on each other before we potentially could face one. Let's only hope they all lose 1 game before one comes out of the thing so they waste as much pitching us possible. I will say Florida State is really going for the team of destiny award this year. I am not sure they have seen many pitchers all year like Campbell so I like our chances though. If we do win today I think we will get to the final again. Too much can happen in baseball though so who knows. Baseball is not my favorite sport, but the CWS locks in my attention year after year.

RATTLER43

WPS.  Summed up a lot of my thoughts on it. 

beach bum

Michigan 5-3 over Texas Tech

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on June 15, 2019, 04:35:33 pm
Michigan 5-3 over Texas Tech
It's their first CWS win since June 10th, 1983!

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 15, 2019, 04:43:21 pm
It's their first CWS win since June 10th, 1983!

I hope we can win today cause I can see our bats getting hot against Michigan

beach bum

Talk about some awful luck in the 3rd for us .... Sheesh

bigworm

Quote from: beach bum on June 15, 2019, 07:02:28 pm
Talk about some awful luck in the 3rd for us .... Sheesh

Just a freshman mistake. But the 3rd base coach is to blame too. He has to explain to him that if a ball gets through he can crawl home. No need for him to get secondary lead frlm 3rd with infield in. Boneheaded play by Franklin and 0 coaching from 3rd base coach.

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on June 15, 2019, 07:29:15 pm
Just a freshman mistake. But the 3rd base coach is to blame too. He has to explain to him that if a ball gets through he can crawl home. No need for him to get secondary lead frlm 3rd with infield in. Boneheaded play by Franklin and 0 coaching from 3rd base coach.

Definitely... I felt bad for him cause the ball usually never comes off the bat like that. It was a really odd play all around. The pitching through 5 innings has been dynamite for both sides. It's starting to get an October feel to it when 2 big aces are on the mound in the MLB postseason.

AirWarren

Need to get hot here.

AirWarren

Once again. Elite pitching is kicking our teeth in.

beach bum

Another unlucky break again.... That was another strange play there where Martin lost the ball. Poor Martin's having a terrible game at the wrong time at the plate too. Guy for FSU didn't do anything malicious, everything just all came together at the exact time with the slide and tag. If Cronin gets out of this he'll have to have some magic on his side tonight.

bigworm

Casey is the strike out king it seems. Why not squeeze that run with a speedster at 3rd? Why!!!!!!?

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on June 15, 2019, 08:30:36 pm
Casey is the strike out king it seems. Why not squeeze that run with a speedster at 3rd? Why!!!!!!?

That change up is eating him up

AirWarren

Don't see us pulling out of this one boys.

spoof1530

Hey DVH, Gorilla Ball is not the answer every time. Sometimes a Safety Squeeze is what the call should be. You would think someone with your experience would know enough to make the right call.

bigworm

Poorly played and poorly coached. Top to bottom pathetic. Got what we deserved.

bigworm

Quote from: spoof1530 on June 15, 2019, 08:39:58 pm
Hey DVH, Gorilla Ball is not the answer every time. Sometimes a Safety Squeeze is what the call should be. You would think someone with your experience would know enough to make the right call.

Amen!!!! You gotta get 1 beforr you can get 2. Heck, we should be used to this crap by now. Why do we keep submitting ourselves to this torture.

bulldoghistorian

Extremely disappointed
Don't see us making it far, even if we beat Tech Monday.

AirWarren

Pitching has zero depth.

Reading hogville makes me laugh. Especially when they start turning on each other lol

AirWarren

Quote from: bigworm on June 15, 2019, 08:54:20 pm
Amen!!!! You gotta get 1 beforr you can get 2. Heck, we should be used to this crap by now. Why do we keep submitting ourselves to this torture.

Life of a hog fan....

beach bum

That pitcher was the perfect kryptonite to our lineup who likes to swing big.... That change up that broke away from the righties was lethal paired with his breaking pitch made his normal fastball look unbelievable he had the off speed working so well.

spoof1530

My son asked the ultimate question. "Why am I a Razorback fan"?

We hang around long enough for something bad to happen. A great Coach would have called for the safety squeeze in the bottom of the 8th., or the other 20 times it should have called this year. DVH is a good coach, but a great he ain't.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 15, 2019, 09:05:08 pm
Pitching has zero depth.

Reading hogville makes me laugh. Especially when they start turning on each other lol

I rarely post on Hogville and I remember why.... Its like North Korea when it comes to censorship. All I literally posted was we don't have the talent to lose the first game and go on to win it all.... And bam just like that got a 1 week ban. I didn't even bash DVH or the players. Just a general statement it was over probably and that hurt somebody's feelings that takes sports way too seriously.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 15, 2019, 09:32:36 pm
I rarely post on Hogville and I remember why.... Its like North Korea when it comes to censorship. All I literally posted was we don't have the talent to lose the first game and go on to win it all.... And bam just like that got a 1 week ban. I didn't even bash DVH or the players. Just a general statement it was over probably and that hurt somebody's feelings that takes sports way too seriously.

I criticized some things last year and I am now forever banned.

The place is full of big babies.

bulldoghistorian

Vandy 3
Louisville 1
Final

bulldoghistorian

Mississippi State 5
Auburn 4
Final
State with 4 in the 9th
I feel for Auburn

bigworm

Yea. Me too. Everything had to go exactly wrong and it did. 

Do we have 4 in a row in us?

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bigworm on June 16, 2019, 10:43:49 pm

If we get the bats going, it's possible! If Noland has a good outing against Tech tomorrow and we don't have to use a lot of pitching and if we happen to win, we have a shot at making a run for it! I think having every other day off could be a benefit to us. One game at a time, though!🤞

AirWarren

Quote from: bigworm on June 16, 2019, 10:43:49 pm

I don't feel confident in us winning.

bigworm

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2019, 08:11:55 am
I don't feel confident in us winning.

Me either. Haha. Havent hit the last 5 games in onaha

bulldoghistorian

Michigan 2
Florida State 0
Final

bulldoghistorian

Louisville leads Auburn 4-1 in the 5th, but looks like a lengthy weather delay. So while we wait for the resumption, I give you this. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/vanderbilt-football/peace-and-quiet-vandy-whistlers-threatened-with-ejection-if-they-continue-trademark-whistling/

bulldoghistorian

The Auburn Louisville game will resume tonight at 8, which means the Vandy Mississippi State winners bracket game scheduled for tonight has been moved to tomorrow at 1.

bulldoghistorian

Update: Auburn Louisville will resume at 11 tomorrow morning.

bulldoghistorian

Louisville 5
Auburn 3
Final
Auburn eliminated

bulldoghistorian

Vandy 6
Mississippi State 3
Final

bulldoghistorian

Texas Tech 4
Florida State 1
Final
Florida State eliminated
Mike Martin's career comes to an end
What a class act

bulldoghistorian

Mississippi State was 48-0 when leading after 8 innings.
Louisville 4
Mississippi State 3
Final
Cards with 4 in the final 3 to eliminate the Bulldogs

bulldoghistorian

Michigan 15
Texas Tech 3
Final
Michigan in the finals

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 21, 2019, 05:16:55 pm
Michigan 15
Texas Tech 3
Final
Michigan in the finals

Sheesh.... What a beat down. Vandy gets a win to save some pitching then I see them cruising in the finals. If Louisville can stretch this out Michigan will have a shot.

bigworm

Have yall noticed how every freekin game these umps are giving 2 balls off the outside corner? To lefties. I mean its consistent but its not a strike. i don't get it.

JacketFan

Louisville is gonna fight to the last out, one heckuva team

bulldoghistorian

Vandy found a way
Vandy 3
Louisville 2
Final
Vandy Michigan next week

bulldoghistorian

Way to go, Vandy! National champs!!!
59-12

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas