• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett at Magnolia

Started by Sports Guru, August 10, 2017, 08:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for who wins

Crossett
9 (56.3%)
Magnolia
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 31, 2017, 08:41:50 pm

Sports Guru

Crossett opens the Season next week in the Maroon and White Scrimmage. So what will Magnolia look like this year? Any players to watch for?

Lumberjackfan1978

How will Crossett be this year

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 10, 2017, 09:09:35 pm
How will Crossett be this year
Lost alot on defense and our QB is still suspect.

green-eagle

kids are coming along.... defense has changed from 4-3 to 3-4 due to change in DC....... from what I hear that the defense is coming along pretty well, yes we lost a lot but we have kids that can play....... this bunch of seniors had to play behind a group that was the head Coach' first freshman group.......

Offense still have question on the OL but we have a pretty veteran group of running backs.....

Sports Guru

Lionpride2017

Sports Guru

green-eagle

Crossett/Magnolia games has always been a game where each team workout their snap counts and other small details. you would expect these items to be workout during these maroon/white game or scrimage games but they do seams to show up in this game...

Last year, Magnolia and Crossett ran a very similar offense that both team had a problem stopping, Magnolia worked out their problems while Crossett could not get their offense in gear, thus Magnolia won...... Magnolia finally figured out their offense at the end of the year with five straight wins.....Crossett also go their game going in the last part of the year, but out play calling was questionable.....

so again Crossett win this won 28-24.......

Lionpride2017

Hey yall how good will yall be next season with all that upcoming talent?

Sports Guru

Maroon and White game not showing a whole lot.

GuvHog

Magnolia has some good team speed this year so I believe they'll beat Crossett but it will be pretty close.

Lionpride2017

Crossett should handle things in this game by 2 scores. Yall are good but ya tend to hide things till 1st week of conference. I'll take 7-3 for Crossett.

Losses to White Hall, Warren, Dumas.

Eaglemaniac

Crossett is 2 years away from having a 7-3 team. If they own 7 games I will dance naked at halftime of the first playoff game!!

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on August 26, 2017, 12:07:32 am
Crossett is 2 years away from having a 7-3 team. If they own 7 games I will dance naked at halftime of the first playoff game!!
5-5 or 6-4 at our best this year. I think we need to get quicker on our tackles and quit missing tackles when we got them. Running backs have some speed but we are gonna have to play a good game at Magnolia Friday. Someone said they have some speed to. I think it's winnable tho.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on August 26, 2017, 06:57:41 am
5-5 or 6-4 at our best this year. I think we need to get quicker on our tackles and quit missing tackles when we got them. Running backs have some speed but we are gonna have to play a good game at Magnolia Friday. Someone said they have some speed to. I think it's winnable tho.
Year in and year out we're the fastest team against pretty much everyone. We need to put those pieces to use finally.

Sports Guru

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 26, 2017, 04:35:43 pm
Year in and year out we're the fastest team against pretty much everyone. We need to put those pieces to use finally.
+1 need to click on all cylinders

green-eagle

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on August 26, 2017, 12:07:32 am

maybe so.... crossett will return to the spread next year....but this team will be fine compare to the last previously two-three years teams....

Interestingcall

Quote from: green-eagle on August 28, 2017, 09:08:49 am
maybe so.... crossett will return to the spread next year....but this team will be fine compare to the last previously two-three years teams....

Where did you get this information? From what I have heard they ran off a great spread Qb because they were never going back to the spread.

green-eagle

Quote from: JAC08 on August 28, 2017, 09:13:52 am
Where did you get this information? From what I have heard they ran off a great spread Qb because they were never going back to the spread.

what spread QB did they run off?

Interestingcall

I dont know who he was. Its just what I heard. I want to say he was in that 7th or 8th grade class last year. Either way if they are going back to a spread I think they have the talent for it coming up.

green-eagle

Quote from: JAC08 on August 28, 2017, 09:26:26 am
I dont know who he was. Its just what I heard. I want to say he was in that 7th or 8th grade class last year. Either way if they are going back to a spread I think they have the talent for it coming up.
they do have the talent coming up for the spread, but not this year.... we have been invested into this offense for the past two years due to "known" personnel...this sophomore class are not familiar with this offensive package they are far better fit running the spread....

dawg_days

What about the move in TJ Lambert? How is he looking?

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: dawg_days on August 28, 2017, 10:37:50 am
What about the move in TJ Lambert? How is he looking?

Never heard of him.

Eaglemaniac

Unless something has changed he is still here. He's just in the 8th grade and the Jr High program runs the spread here. The only reason the high school isn't is because we don't have a QB that can throw. Do not be surprised to see a freshman start at QB next year.

Eddie Goodson

Crossett isn't returning to the spread and the player in question has moved.

Sports Guru

Weather says forecast clear and warm for game night for now.

green-eagle

great day and weather for "GAME DAY"

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Sports Guru

Sports Guru

green-eagle

overall this Crossett teams has greatly improved over last year... Offensively, work need to be done, but the kids greatly understand this style much, much better than last year. They seem lost, last year at this time.... Defensively, we are better than last year, still; work need to be done to improve against the outside runs.... Magnolia certainly took advantage of this..

both teams were somewhat equally matched in this game and Magnolia made more mistake.... Crossett could not take advantage of the three trips down to the 15 and could not move the ball... was it Magnolia defensive or "poor" play calling.... pick one for both was in play.

now, Magnolia had one TD called back due to holding ...... later in the game, same play, same holding but "NO" call!   True me I have watched the tape..... now why did Crossett go the short passing game with 1 minute left in the game.... those plays were their the entire game..... if you don't use your wide-out, then why waste two blocker?

so in summary, good luck to Magnolia in their up and coming season......Crossett will improve ......and due first week of 4A-8 play....some will say the 4A-8 is a mess, but Stuttgart lost as well..... ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas