• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena Bearcats

Started by Neckred, July 11, 2017, 02:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neckred

I'm hearing this could be a good year for them.  Big strong kids.  Anyone know??

BM22

I am not in the Mena loop or anything, but I think they may have a really good year. It looks like they have quite a bit of  experience returning including a 3 year starting QB and a big, fast all conference RB. I think they have the potential to finish 3rd in the conference. I remember the run they had in '14 and made it all the way to the championship game. They will make alot of noise when they move to the 4-4A after this season.

Neckred

BM22

Neckred

Heard Mena kicked off two starters?  Any truth?

FootBallar21

I think this team is a year too early .    This will be a solid team for Mena who should make the playoffs and make some noise,  however if this was the 2018 season it would have a shot for a 9-1 conference title contender team.    However with them still being in the brutal 7-4A for this season,  they can be very good and still have to claw and scratch their way to the playoffs in the 3-4th seed. 

Neckred

Well was anyone kicked off?

FootBallar21

Quote from: Neckred on July 31, 2017, 05:23:29 pm
Well was anyone kicked off?

Yes 2 starters are gone,   and that will hurt. 

modder

2 returning starters from last year and a third who would have this year. I think they'll be alright though.

FootBallar21

Quote from: modder on August 12, 2017, 07:22:18 pm
2 returning starters from last year and a third who would have this year. I think they'll be alright though.

They will be alright how lol ?   The secondary takes a big hit ( No pun intended )  But they will still win some games and still probably make the playoffs, but losing those kids takes away any shot to really make some major noise and upset the top 2 teams in the 7-4A next year! 

modder

Quote from: FootBallar21 on August 14, 2017, 10:30:19 am
They will be alright how lol ?   The secondary takes a big hit ( No pun intended )  But they will still win some games and still probably make the playoffs, but losing those kids takes away any shot to really make some major noise and upset the top 2 teams in the 7-4A next year!

Just my opinion from what I've seen. Only one of these guys played in the secondary and I don't see that much drop off. The replacement may not be as experienced but is on par athletically I believe. Moving Dean back to saftey and better pass rush from an improved D-line will help. Offense should be much better too.

FootBallar21

Quote from: modder on August 14, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
Just my opinion from what I've seen. Only one of these guys played in the secondary and I don't see that much drop off. The replacement may not be as experienced but is on par athletically I believe. Moving Dean back to saftey and better pass rush from an improved D-line will help. Offense should be much better too.

Yeah I think they will still be solid still too, I just think their margin for error was very small in a loaded 7-4A.    I still think they make the playoffs as long as Dean stays healthy. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas