• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Dorton from Lincoln moving to Westville?

Started by nuttinbuthogs, May 22, 2017, 10:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RedKnight on June 27, 2017, 03:01:59 pm
Why would Collins, the DC, leave? He is the softball coach and they are having some good success aren't they? Rumors were he applied at Fayetteville and some people said he would get the PG job but others say he didn't apply for it.

I hear another coach has left the football staff. Any idea who it would be? That would leave them with Harrison and two assistants. If only Dorton and one other have left that means one of the other assistants is still at the school but not coaching football?

What other than finishing the fieldhouse would be big enough to cause a stir in Lincoln athletically? They have great basketball facilities. Baseball and softball are decent as well.
Quote from: doober3 on June 28, 2017, 10:28:46 am
Probably not the place for this but I'm gong to vent a bit:

When the millage was passed 6 or 7 years ago to build the new HS there were a lot of promises made.  Not only was there to be a new "state of the art" school, there was to be new Baseball and Softball fields connected to the HS.  The football field was going to have a track so that Lincoln could host track meets.  There was to be a Community "Safe Room" built on the campus also.  These are just the things I can remember.
So far there is a school that most kids say looks like a prison and has foundation issues.  A very nice Basketball Arena.  A track that has been so messed up that it is unusable.  No new Baseball or Softball facilities.  No Safe Room, and the Field House has not been used because of the good ole' boy system and somebody's brother-in-law was contracted to do it on the cheap.   

Somebody got a lot of money (my money) and what the community got was about 20% of what was promised.

I have been a "Banner Sponsor" for the last 10 years but I will not be renewing this year.  I have no idea where the money goes and there certainly isn't a very easy way to find out.  Peace out Lincoln!

These questions are asked but never seemed to get an answer.  Even most Lincoln locals don't question or post most of the time on these issues.  The questions asked here deserve answers as well as numerous others concerning the decline of athletics and the shoddy state of the "new" facilities.  Like many people I don't go to many games, I hear the same complaints over and over around town. Promises are cheap.  Big "news" coming.  I guess that depends on your definition of big news.

doober3

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2017, 11:07:01 am
Good info. I wonder who IS getting all of that money?
I just read in the paper yesterday that the School Board has been granted a loan from Arvest for $900k.  They are supposed to be putting in turf and rubberizing the track.  I think the Field House is near completion.  The school is to pay back like $90k per year for 10 years.  Still, what happened to the money in the first place?  Why do they need a new loan? 

theoleballcoach

Well thank goodness. Lincoln sounds a little backwards, but at least the football and track kids are getting on equal footing with the basketball program as far as facilities go.

nuttinbuthogs

It takes $900K to do a turf field and a rubber track?

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: doober3 on June 30, 2017, 01:00:04 pm
I just read in the paper yesterday that the School Board has been granted a loan from Arvest for $900k.  They are supposed to be putting in turf and rubberizing the track.  I think the Field House is near completion.  The school is to pay back like $90k per year for 10 years.  Still, what happened to the money in the first place?  Why do they need a new loan? 

I wonder if this is the big news that Whippersnapper was alluding to?

whippersnapper

The turf and track are what I was talking bout so with those and the fieldhouse being completed the football season could be a real fun one. I expect the wolves will be in the hunt for the 5th seed playoff spot

theoleballcoach

Have they started yet? Two months isn't long to get all of that done. Will this be ready for this season is next?

RZback

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 02, 2017, 10:54:13 am
The turf and track are what I was talking bout so with those and the fieldhouse being completed the football season could be a real fun one. I expect the wolves will be in the hunt for the 5th seed playoff spot

So a new turf field and fieldhouse are going to boost the on field play of the Wolves? They lost their all conference QB and are going to be better?

nuttinbuthogs

I was thinking about that, the juniors to be haven't won a lot of games in their career and now they will have to carry a big load. Lloyd will have to be the guy that carries the burden.  Is it true he his moveing to QB?

theoleballcoach

Who knows?  This may cause some excitement and get a few more kids out.

gameoflife

I thought this site was about Tyler Dorton?  Is this the same Dorton that was at GCT and Searcy? 

Okieback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on June 30, 2017, 11:15:43 pm
It takes $900K to do a turf field and a rubber track?

Usually over a million for both, cause normally new lights are put in too and stands

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Okieback on July 24, 2017, 10:42:57 am
Usually over a million for both, cause normally new lights are put in too and stands

Expect Lincoln will take every shortcut they can to save a dollar.  They had trouble with the new building and the original work on the track because of that.  I don't think they would replace the lights or bleachers after only 5-6 years. Those aren't really a problem anyway.

ghostoffootballpast

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on July 24, 2017, 11:12:51 am
Expect Lincoln will take every shortcut they can to save a dollar.  They had trouble with the new building and the original work on the track because of that.  I don't think they would replace the lights or bleachers after only 5-6 years. Those aren't really a problem anyway.

My question to you would be. Are the shortcuts you talk about warranted?  Are your fears substantiated by fact?

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on July 25, 2017, 09:47:50 am
My question to you would be. Are the shortcuts you talk about warranted?  Are your fears substantiated by fact?

Some may be.  Getting community help to remove the grass for instance.  I don't like pressuring kids to do the work that the school should pay for but getting donations or volunteers is certainly OK.  I also believe that you get what you pay for.  If you cut corners, like a good drainage system for the field; which in looking at how a turf field is installed, is a necessity; and a pad put down prior to the final surface.   I don't know if these are the short cuts for sure but the drainage was mentioned as excellent on the field,  the drainage on the field may be good but the drainage around the field is not.  Drive by after a big rain!  Water draining from the field to the future track is not a reasonable solution.  An adequate drainage system needs to be installed around the field that would prevent the flooding for the entire facility to avoid a future problem. Build it correctly.

gameoflife

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on July 26, 2017, 11:42:36 am
Some may be.  Getting community help to remove the grass for instance.  I don't like pressuring kids to do the work that the school should pay for but getting donations or volunteers is certainly OK.  I also believe that you get what you pay for.  If you cut corners, like a good drainage system for the field; which in looking at how a turf field is installed, is a necessity; and a pad put down prior to the final surface.   I don't know if these are the short cuts for sure but the drainage was mentioned as excellent on the field,  the drainage on the field may be good but the drainage around the field is not.  Drive by after a big rain!  Water draining from the field to the future track is not a reasonable solution.  An adequate drainage system needs to be installed around the field that would prevent the flooding for the entire facility to avoid a future problem. Build it correctly.

nbhogs, you may be correct about the field.  Generally a drainage system is installed under the field, sort of a frency drain type of thing.  This is done along with a grate along side the track that funnels all the water away.  What do they have now?

Tigerdad2

Quote from: gameoflife on July 26, 2017, 09:08:03 pm
nbhogs, you may be correct about the field.  Generally a drainage system is installed under the field, sort of a frency drain type of thing.  This is done along with a grate along side the track that funnels all the water away.  What do they have now?
My question is, who makes these decisions for Lincoln . Is it one person or multiple people involved. Seems like the current coach is doing everything he can. 

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on July 26, 2017, 10:17:31 pm
My question is, who makes these decisions for Lincoln . Is it one person or multiple people involved. Seems like the current coach is doing everything he can. 

If it is something to do with athletics it is going through the AD.

gameoflife

How is work on finishing the facilities going? Aren't they completing the fieldhouse, and track along with the turf?

gameoflife

whippersnapper

Who knows ..westville was in oklahoma the last I checked.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 08, 2018, 02:36:12 pm
Who knows ..westville was in oklahoma the last I checked.

LOL.  That's funny.  It is in Ok and both need to stay there.

gameoflife

RZback

Dorton got the OC job at Ada, OK.  Poor kids at Westville are going to go through another search for HC.  Maybe the next guy will stay a while, few do, and find a way to win there.  1-9 last year so may be hard to get an experienced guy.  Luck to all.

nuttinbuthogs

beach bum

June 07, 2018, 12:42:01 pm #75 Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:43:45 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RZback on June 05, 2018, 11:19:02 am
Dorton got the OC job at Ada, OK.  Poor kids at Westville are going to go through another search for HC.  Maybe the next guy will stay a while, few do, and find a way to win there.  1-9 last year so may be hard to get an experienced guy. Luck to all.

I have heard rumor of a guy wanting to get back in the area that may be getting this job since he can live in NWA since Westville is right across the border. He is currently in central AR and wants back near NWA and he has plenty of experience. I don't want to release the name until it is official though and to see if it happens. He would work great at a school like Westville as he has been at just as tough of situations if not harder to win at than Westville even.

nuttinbuthogs

beach bum

June 16, 2018, 12:26:52 pm #77 Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:28:53 pm by beach bum
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on June 16, 2018, 11:49:28 am
Was your rumor correct?

Yes, Perryville's coach took the Westville job. He ran the double wing option offense at Perryville. It will certainly be two or three years before I would expect them to be competitive though.

nuttinbuthogs

I'd be surprised if he stays long at Westville.  The pay is not very good and they have never done much winning.  I'd bet it was a chance to get into or close to NWA and another move will be soon. 

game on

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on June 17, 2018, 04:31:37 pm
I'd be surprised if he stays long at Westville. 

You were correct. Moved to Ada OK.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas