• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Central

Started by Jack1990, June 15, 2016, 11:55:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 01, 2016, 12:47:12 pm
I never said it was 5,000 a year.    I said the base salary difference for someone with 2 years of experience and 12 years experience (see?   a difference of 10 years) was about $5,000.   total.

In other words,  someone with 2 years experience might have a base salary of $36,000 a year.

While someone with 12 years experience might have a base salary of $41,000 a year.

Though I can see in the wording how you might've gotten confused.

if it helps I understood what you were trying to say. 

purpleswag

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 01, 2016, 03:37:12 pm
if it helps I understood what you were trying to say.

I honestly don't know how they didn't get what he was saying. Reading comprehension? ???

Wonderdog

Quote from: purpleswag on July 01, 2016, 03:41:31 pm
I honestly don't know how they didn't get what he was saying. Reading comprehension? ???
I felt the same way. Made sense to me.

bigworm

I don't know jack about this Coach, but I was on the sidelines during a game they played last year. I have no interest in the football team so my comments are completely from an outsiders perspective. This Coach took cussing a kid way too far in my opinion. He completely demoralized them. I would look in the faces of some of the kids and they just seemed to be beaten down by what he had said. With that being said, I'm an old school dude. Our Coach never cussed us but he talked to us like dogs and was a hands on kind of Coach of ya know what I mean. I'm not one of these "everyone gets a trophy cats". I believe in accountability and rewards for hard work. not for  just showing up. But honestly, I didn't think his philosophy was healthy for a team like DC. I believe if you have a winning program you can mentally beat them up alot more. But being that those kids took a beating almost everytime they took the field, I didn't think his philosophy was healthy or productive. I may be wrong. Probably am more than I'm right.

purpleswag

Quote from: bigworm on July 04, 2016, 11:28:18 pm
I don't know jack about this Coach, but I was on the sidelines during a game they played last year. I have no interest in the football team so my comments are completely from an outsiders perspective. This Coach took cussing a kid way too far in my opinion. He completely demoralized them. I would look in the faces of some of the kids and they just seemed to be beaten down by what he had said. With that being said, I'm an old school dude. Our Coach never cussed us but he talked to us like dogs and was a hands on kind of Coach of ya know what I mean. I'm not one of these "everyone gets a trophy cats". I believe in accountability and rewards for hard work. not for  just showing up. But honestly, I didn't think his philosophy was healthy for a team like DC. I believe if you have a winning program you can mentally beat them up alot more. But being that those kids took a beating almost everytime they took the field, I didn't think his philosophy was healthy or productive. I may be wrong. Probably am more than I'm right.

Kinda hard to enjoy the game when your getting beat down by the other team and your own coach

AirWarren

No offense it's drew central. Not exactly a breeding ground for football success.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on July 05, 2016, 09:20:28 am
No offense it's drew central. Not exactly a breeding ground for football success.

You know there was a time even Junction City was considered "everybody's homecoming game".

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on July 05, 2016, 04:08:02 pm
You know there was a time even Junction City was considered "everybody's homecoming game".

And some teams road to success always ends in a dead end.

Longfellow

There was also a time when Hector was homecoming for Ola/TR every year. Ahhhh, those were the days

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on July 05, 2016, 05:29:20 pm
There was also a time when Hector was homecoming for Ola/TR every year. Ahhhh, those were the days

Two rivers plays football?

Longfellow

beach bum

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on July 05, 2016, 06:39:49 pm
I hope you are joking Longfellow?
Sadly no. Only had about 16 kids during spring, so if a few guys quit we'll be in major trouble. 4 or 5 of the guys who would be our best players are academically ineligible. Not much participation and not much talent, plus a third coaching change in 3 years could mean the end of the Two Rivers program

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 05, 2016, 05:32:00 pm
Two rivers plays football?
They put on helmets & run around, not sure how much football they play!!

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on July 05, 2016, 07:00:47 pm
Sadly no. Only had about 16 kids during spring, so if a few guys quit we'll be in major trouble. 4 or 5 of the guys who would be our best players are academically ineligible. Not much participation and not much talent, plus a third coaching change in 3 years could mean the end of the Two Rivers program

I hope they at least make it through this year and just field a team. Then they can rebound hopefully the coming seasons with numbers. But I agree, realistically I'd say more like 18 is really what you need to field a team. Obviously, it only takes 11 players, but I would say roughly 18 is the bare bones minimum a 3A school would need be out there!

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on July 05, 2016, 04:33:56 pm
And some teams road to success always ends in a dead end.

Yes, but discussion of Waldron is generally in the 4A forum.

WPWells

Discussion of Waldron is appropriate anywhere at any time

AirWarren

I think the biggest issue Monticello and Drew central faces is the town trying to get the mayor removed from office.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 06, 2016, 07:51:19 am
I think the biggest issue Monticello and Drew central faces is the town trying to get the mayor removed from office.
and weekly armed robberies and shootings.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on July 05, 2016, 07:05:05 pm
I hope they at least make it through this year and just field a team. Then they can rebound hopefully the coming seasons with numbers. But I agree, realistically I'd say more like 18 is really what you need to field a team. Obviously, it only takes 11 players, but I would say roughly 18 is the bare bones minimum a 3A school would need be out there!
We have some good numbers in junior high. Hopefully that new stadium will change a few minds about playing this year if it gets done in time

xcat

Quote from: AirWarren on July 06, 2016, 07:51:19 am

All 16 of the The Monticello Citizens for Better Government trying to start a recall of the Mayor. LOL

AirWarren

Quote from: xcat on July 07, 2016, 07:36:11 am
All 16 of the The Monticello Citizens for Better Government trying to start a recall of the Mayor. LOL

I know right? Hilarious.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas