• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harmony Grove open?

Started by Rida4Life, March 02, 2018, 09:27:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

Rumor is that Chambers has taken a principal job somewhere.  Truth?  If so is someone in line for it or will they open it up?

southarkdaddy

I understand Harmony Grove is looking to emphasize and prioritize basketball as the #1 sport moving forward, so Chambers leaving wouldn't shock me. 

Rida4Life

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 02, 2018, 10:58:26 am
I understand Harmony Grove is looking to emphasize and prioritize basketball as the #1 sport moving forward, so Chambers leaving wouldn't shock me. 
They must be.... with the Sup. basically reshuffling staff so his son could get the Bball job, basketball MUST be the top priority.

MagicMike

Interesting. Chambers has had a good team for the past few years.

The moves worked out well for the basketball team.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: MagicMike on March 02, 2018, 11:12:26 am
Interesting. Chambers has had a good team for the past few years.

The moves worked out well for the basketball team.

They've just had a talented group come through.  Semi's in football, state tournament baseball team.  Basketball team did great making state this year.  Good year for HG, I just hope they are looking to sustain success in all sports.  Not just basketball. 

Rida4Life

They have a pretty talented roster coming back.  Would be a good job for the right person.

Hgalum50

Rumor is pretty much true from what I hear!HG always wants to be good at every sport, but I wouldn't say we are focusing on bball! We love our football and thats that, we take pride in the success our football program has had and it won't change. I played under Chambers and Beasley who was coach before Chambers. I feel we will find a good coach to lead a talented roster thats coming back.

Hgalum50

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 02, 2018, 11:19:47 am
They've just had a talented group come through.  Semi's in football, state tournament baseball team.  Basketball team did great making state this year.  Good year for HG, I just hope they are looking to sustain success in all sports.  Not just basketball.
Semifinals in baseball may I add! 😉

HG Hornet

We're gonna miss Tony Chambers.  All he ever did here is win ball games.  Good luck to him and I hope the Hornets are able to find an equally good new Head Coach to replace him.  There is still a very talented roster that will take the field next year and they know how to win.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 02, 2018, 11:01:00 am
They must be.... with the Sup. basically reshuffling staff so his son could get the Bball job, basketball MUST be the top priority.
:)

NWA Hawg

Haha

NWA Hawg

Are y'all sure this isn't calley from Haskell harmony grove? He took at principal job at bauxite I believe.

HG Hornet

Afraid not.  Tony addressed the football team last week and told them that he had taken a job somewhere else as a High School Principal. 

Rida4Life

So.... does the Sup. have another son that he can give the football job to?  That appears to be the way it works over there?

airitout

Wrong Harmony Grove...the Haskel Harmony Grove coach went to Bauxite as a principal/rear. coach.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 05, 2018, 09:40:12 am
So.... does the Sup. have another son that he can give the football job to?  That appears to be the way it works over there?
No he doesn't, and Thank God for that!

KOJACK

Good time to get HHG back in conference.

HG Hornet

Quote from: airitout on March 05, 2018, 11:09:58 am
Wrong Harmony Grove...the Haskel Harmony Grove coach went to Bauxite as a principal/rear. coach.
Looks like both HHG & CHG coaches have decided to leave.  CHG's Tony Chambers is leaving and he addressed the team last week and told them so.

stuck in between

Its awful quite on this thread. Any news? With the Hornets recent success I thought someone would jump at this. Is the move to 3-A or underlying issues scaring potential candidates off?

southarkdaddy

Quote from: stuck in between on March 27, 2018, 09:36:23 am
Its awful quite on this thread. Any news? With the Hornets recent success I thought someone would jump at this. Is the move to 3-A or underlying issues scaring potential candidates off?

I think it's more to do with administrative direction. 

HG Hornet

hogman1886

I wouldn't say HG is looking to focus on basketball. They have always been a football school. They did just build a nice gym but that was long overdue. They have had a heck of football team for a while now. They will continue to have a great program. The basketball program has been awful for 10-15 years only winning about 6 games a year. The sup might have given his son the job but look what that kid has done with the basketball program! In just his second year he took them to a State game and could have arguably won the game if he didnt have 2 starters out with the flu and 2 with bad ankles.

Now back to football. I heard a rumor that Chambers has been trying to get into admin for a few years now just hasn't found a job. Regardless of the admin, I bet they get a good coach. This will be a great job and there should be tons of applications. HG will make noise in 3A next year.

HG Hornet

Quote from: hogman1886 on March 28, 2018, 08:37:21 am
I heard a rumor that Chambers has been trying to get into admin for a few years now just hasn't found a job.
Your rumor is incorrect.  Tony Chambers just recently got his Administrator's Certificate.  He had an offer last year and passed on it to come back and coach football this year.  I'm sure he'll do a great job as the new principal at Bismarck.

HG Hornet

April 03, 2018, 05:03:40 pm #23 Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:06:28 pm by CHG Hornet
I understand interviews begin tomorrow for the Head Football Coaching position.  I'm told that there are 11 applicants; some of those look to be very impressive.  I hope that the Hornets hire the best man for the job and not somebody's old college buddy, friend, or relative.  The kids deserve the best qualified coach who applies for the job. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 27, 2018, 09:39:30 am
I think it's more to do with administrative direction.
Superintendent has decided to retire on June 30.  New head administrator and head coach next August.

Rida4Life

Any news on this hire......
I heard a surprising name from "down the road" interviewed..... any truth to this?

way2go

Quote from: CHG Hornet on March 28, 2018, 04:47:27 pm
Your rumor is incorrect.  Tony Chambers just recently got his Administrator's Certificate.  He had an offer last year and passed on it to come back and coach football this year.  I'm sure he'll do a great job as the new principal at Bismarck.

I hope the Bismarck superintendent stays out of the way and gives him what he needs to help rebuild the football program like the community wants. It was once a consistent playoff team before leadership made stupid decisions. They are great in academics, thanks to teachers and parents, but local kids are leaving to play sports somewhere else and coaches leave in frustration.

HG Hornet

Quote from: way2go on April 09, 2018, 12:01:27 pm
I hope the Bismarck superintendent stays out of the way and gives him what he needs to help rebuild the football program like the community wants. It was once a consistent playoff team before leadership made stupid decisions. They are great in academics, thanks to teachers and parents, but local kids are leaving to play sports somewhere else and coaches leave in frustration.
Chambers will do what he can to support sports.  He and Coach Keithley are friends and made a great pair of coaches for our kids here at CHG.  You guys are lucky to have them.  If your kids buy in and work out to get stronger, it'll pay off in time. 

airitout

Who would that be? Is there any movement on this yet?

Quote from: Rida4Life on April 09, 2018, 11:08:47 am
Any news on this hire......
I heard a surprising name from "down the road" interviewed..... any truth to this?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: airitout on April 13, 2018, 11:04:24 am
Who would that be? Is there any movement on this yet?

Horstkamp from Bearden

HG Hornet

That's what I heard too.  Replacing a Coach/Math teacher with a Coach/Science person won't hurt the school academically.  Both guys are impressive with what they do both on the field and inside the classroom.   

old.dole

Did they have the special meeting in grove last night tk officially accept Horstkamp?

HG Hornet

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 10:19:14 am
Did they have the special meeting in grove last night tk officially accept Horstkamp?
I don't know about any special meeting that took place, but Coach Horstkamp met with the Hornet football players yesterday afternoon.  Bearden should go ahead and post the opening.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 20, 2018, 10:19:14 am

He was officially hired at the regular April board meeting last Thursday.

old.dole

Well when I got to asking why the Bearden job wasn't posted yet I was told they were waiting on grove to officially hire Horstkamp and for him to officially resign. I was then told something about grove calling a special meeting last night to get that done on their end. Then all that would have to happen is Horstkamp resign and bearde could then post

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas