• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarksville football

Started by footballone, December 08, 2015, 06:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

footballone

Is Clarksville looking to hire new football coach

PWDad

They are not listed on the job openings thread on here, just Vilonia, Central Baptist, Bryan and Jessieville I think

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

PWDad

If your asking if Clarksville showed improvement this season, I would say absolutely.

Chief_Osceola™

They were better offensively.  Their defense was still nonexistent.

InYoGrill

Seriously, Clarksville O could move the ball some. They had a decent passing game. But Yes, there D got wore this season. Almost feel sorry for them like Huntsville when they were in the conference. Almost thought Farmington might be the pushover team when they moved up from 4A but I knew they were very good in 4A in a tough conference.

Okieback

Okieback

Lionheart88

Did Cranor go somewhere?  I can't see a high school firing a guy whose team has shown clear improvement from year one to two, so I'm not sure why the job would be open unless he'd left.

WarriorFan

Cranor going to be a assistant at Morrilton.

macadoshis

Not sure if there's more to the story, but QB Schucker moves to Searcy and a week or so later Cranor is gone.  Doesn't look good.

Okieback

macadoshis

AT

Good for Clarksville. I hope this new coach stays awhile and brings a little stability.

tmycjy

What offense and defense he going to run

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: tmycjy on June 24, 2016, 10:46:33 am
What offense and defense he going to run

Whatever best fits the makeup of his players.  Being able to adjust to his players' strengths is one of the things that has made him so successful.  I guess you could call it 'multiple'.  I don't know what base defense he'll run, but they will be better on that side of the ball.  I think Coach Buckner puts a lot bigger emphasis on defense than Cranor did.

macadoshis

If he puts any emphasis on defense it will be more than Cranor did.  I like this hire for sure.  I wish them the best. I hope they reel off nine wins starting week 2.  And looking forward to seeing the new turf week one.  Both my boys started their athletic careers as Panthers so I'll always have a tie to the program.  Just not week one. 

Coach Jones

I talked with Coach Buckner at length the other day.  He seems like he is a quality individual.  I was really impressed with his plan for Clarksville, and wish him luck after week one next year.   Interesting note that we actually played against each other back in 1993(Booneville vs Clarksville).

This was a great hire for the town of Clarksville!

Okieback

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on June 24, 2016, 01:59:24 pm
Whatever best fits the makeup of his players.  Being able to adjust to his players' strengths is one of the things that has made him so successful.  I guess you could call it 'multiple'.  I don't know what base defense he'll run, but they will be better on that side of the ball.  I think Coach Buckner puts a lot bigger emphasis on defense than Cranor did.

He was planning on a more "spread" type o and an odd D I think for this year at his former school.

But like mentioned above he adjusts to what the kids do well.
  I believe he ran a lot of 2 tight bone last year and multiple I as well.
Great hire, great knowledge, great offseason strength and conditioning guy too.

The Future

In the West its gonna be tough to win with a first year coach no matter how good he is.
Clarksville has shown small glimpes of potential to build on. If this new coach is as good as what I've heard and read on here, in a few years time maybe a 5 win regular season record could be possible. But (assuming the conferences stay the same and all coaches stay put) unless this new hire turns into a Rick Jones or Barry Lunney or Scott Reed, Clarksville won't be winning much more than 3 conference games. Alma is a new animal. Morrilton and Greenbrier are good. Harrison is showing their stuff. And Maumelle and Vilonia could beat Clarksville. Farmington is the only real game Clarksville has a chance of winning.

But if I'm wrong and this new coach turns this Panther team into a decent average team, then thatll just add to the craziness that is the West. That would mean literally every team in the conference would have a shot at one of the 4 playoff spots. Ill be keeping tabs on this thread. This is shaping up to be another good year.

Just throwing this in here. Read Hootens today.
Coaches Poll:
Alma
Morrilton
Greenbrier
Harrison
Maumelle
Farmington
Vilonia
Clarksville

Still too early to put together a final rank I'd stick with, but I'd probably switch Vilonia and Farmington. I'd also have to give Harrison a upset game and put them up to third.

macadoshis

I haven't seen a scratch of what the new turf will look like but bet it's gonna look good.  Looking forward to seeing it week one.  Gonna make an already hot game even worse.   I may drag the ice chest up in the bleachers this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas