• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are ALL-STATE Players determined?

Started by Grond, December 08, 2015, 10:08:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

How are the football players that make All-State determined?

I thought that, where you finish in your conference determines the NUMBER of All-State players for a team.

The team coaches then determine WHO makes ALL-STATE from the team.

And I could be completely wrong.  :-[

PA Dad

I'm not sure, but I think the coaches vote on this.

the voice

Its my understanding it can be different for each conference, most is where you finish in conference, players are nominated by their coaches and agreed/voted on by conference coaches. I think the amount you get depends on playoffs and maybe how conference faired even. The coaches know their players best, and honestly other then scouting for upcoming game rarely look at other teams players to say he is or isn't an all state player. Success as a team effects the number greatly. I think most have already voted on all state and all conference players. Its an honor to be mentioned even if its not as in depth as some think.

PWDad

Vilonia had 4 players make all state this year. Honestly, I did not see 4 all state players on the team. I would have to assume that they are selected by the schools coaches.
When I played ball, it was a huge honor to be selected to all state. From what I have seen the last 2 years selections in Vilonia, it is not held to such a high standard anymore

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PWDad on December 08, 2015, 06:23:36 pm
Vilonia had 4 players make all state this year. Honestly, I did not see 4 all state players on the team. I would have to assume that they are selected by the schools coaches.
When I played ball, it was a huge honor to be selected to all state. From what I have seen the last 2 years selections in Vilonia, it is not held to such a high standard anymore

Wow, I had no idea any team would have 4 All-State players after a 5-6 season and only making it to the first round of playoffs.  But that being said, congrats to all the post season honorees for their accomplishments and acknowledgements.

Grond

In the 5A East, I thought the numbers of All-State players went like this (in 2014):

1st place: 4 All-State
2nd place: 4 All-State
3rd place: 3 All-State
4th place: 3 All-State
5th place: 2 All-State
6th place: 2 All-State
7th place: 1 All-State
8th place: 1 All-State

Paragould was listed as having TWO All-State players this year (7th place, again); I was curious how that was determined.  ???

Elvis Hoggoblin

PWDad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 08, 2015, 10:20:21 pm
Quote from: PWDad on December 08, 2015, 06:23:36 pm

Wow, I had no idea any team would have 4 All-State players after a 5-6 season and only making it to the first round of playoffs.  But that being said, congrats to all the post season honorees for their accomplishments and acknowledgements.

I agree with you, that is the point I was making

Grond

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 09, 2015, 08:59:00 am
Where do we access the all state list?

I used to know an AD that sent me a link through the AAA website.

But I have been unable to find it this year.

PA Dad

A link to the all state players is posted on the 4A board.

Lionheart88

My understanding is that each conference is allotted a certain number of slots.  The coaches meet at the end of the season (or close to it) and basically divide them up however they choose.  Some conferences may assign slots purely based on standings and allow the team's coach to fill his slots with whoever he wants, some may vote and establish at least a rough consensus on who deserves it most, and so on.

Grond

Gob-Fan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas