• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats Off

Started by DT, December 04, 2015, 10:50:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DT

I want to give the LR McClellan team and coaches a big round of applause for how they played tonight. I knew the Lions were good, but they really impressed me tonight. Loads of athleticism, excellent coaching and character to overcome adversity. My hat is off to you all.

While I am an PA alum and former player, I think the state of Arkansas high school football is better overall when Little Rock public schools have teams that are doing what McClellan did this year. I hope Coach Moody continues his success and keeps LRSD football relevant and competitive.

Great game and congratulations on an excellent season, Lions.

Overdahill

Quote from: DT on December 04, 2015, 10:50:14 pm
I want to give the LR McClellan team and coaches a big round of applause for how they played tonight. I knew the Lions were good, but they really impressed me tonight. Loads of athleticism, excellent coaching and character to overcome adversity. My hat is off to you all.

While I am an PA alum and former player, I think the state of Arkansas high school football is better overall when Little Rock public schools have teams that are doing what McClellan did this year. I hope Coach Moody continues his success and keeps LRSD football relevant and competitive.

Agreed. Great game and season Lions

JustGoForIt114

Great season Lions! And congrats Bruins! I thought the 5A-Central was the weakest conference in 5A?  ;D

PA Dad

Great post and I second it.  Coach Moody has worked wonders at LRM and it's great for LR public school football.

I think LRM has a young team.  Look out for them next year!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on December 05, 2015, 12:00:26 am

Great post and I second it.  Coach Moody has worked wonders at LRM and it's great for LR public school football.

I think LRM has a young team.  Look out for them next year!
The improvement between the first and second game was impressive.

AT

Hats off to any PA fan that logged in and posted tonight after seeing some of the posts here. Brutal.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 05, 2015, 12:13:06 am
Hats off to any PA fan that logged in and posted tonight after seeing some of the posts here. Brutal.

I actually considered posting a query asking if PA fans are still welcome on this board.  But, I know that most posters are reasonable folks.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on December 05, 2015, 12:25:17 am

I actually considered posting a query asking if PA fans are still welcome on this board.  But, I know that most posters are reasonable folks.

I sure don't have a problem with P.A. posters, players, or parents.  Looks like KK must have been settling a score -  not becoming of a coach, but it happens.  That said, it was another great year by P.A., and also a great final played by both teams.  Finally, from a purely "Homer" perspective, this game made more convincing that Batesville deserves a final poll placement of 3rd, considering our game result with McClellan:)

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 05, 2015, 12:40:56 am

I sure don't have a problem with P.A. posters, players, or parents.  Looks like KK must have been settling a score -  not becoming of a coach, but it happens.  That said, it was another great year by P.A., and also a great final played by both teams.  Finally, from a purely "Homer" perspective, this game made more convincing that Batesville deserves a final poll placement of 3rd, considering our game result with McClellan:)

As you know, I thought LRC should be ranked 3rd, but I now agree with you.  I didn't realize how much LRM had improved since we played them earlier in the year.

the voice

Well if that's case , and I'm not arguing it, but those devil dogs lost by two at LRM, so I'm gonna be a homer too! They also deserve to be in the top ten , it was a battle until the horn sounded. 😉

Yellowcake

I thought McClellan played awesome. They deserve huge props. I am very happy for them. Great season.

Chief_Osceola™

Haha nah most of y'all are cool and bring a lot of good posts to the board. I wish you'd have been around when Shiloh was at the height of their success. They were insufferable, and were universally despised.

Yellowcake

I hated em, too. For the same reason.

And for the record, everyone I was with at the game thought the late score was a bad move.

sideline

I did not have a team in this final game.  However what the P.A. coach did at the end of the game was bush league and totally uncalled for.  When you have the game in hand with seconds to go in the game, you take a knee to run out the clock, not throw for the end zone.  What are you teaching the kids with this type of action?  Are you teaching them leadership, character, being good sports?  Very disgraceful and in no way called for.  This type of behavior in my opinion is why teams in the state don't want to play P.A., because of their head coach.

GuvHog

I sure don't have a problem with P.A. posters, players, or parents.  Looks like KK must have been settling a score -  not becoming of a coach, but it happens.  That said, it was another great year by P.A., and also a great final played by both teams.  Finally, from a purely "Homer" perspective, this game made more convincing that Brazzaville deserves a final poll placement of 3rd, considering our game result with McClellan:)

I agree with you on PA's players, posters, and parents but on coach Kelly you are being too kind. Going for that last TD when he should have had his QB take a knee was a truly classless act. The game was over and there was simply no excuse for it. Moves like that give the school program a bad name. He should be called on the carpet for it by his superiors.

Leadbelly

Quote from: GuvHog on December 07, 2015, 01:26:51 pm

I sure don't have a problem with P.A. posters, players, or parents.  Looks like KK must have been settling a score -  not becoming of a coach, but it happens.  That said, it was another great year by P.A., and also a great final played by both teams.  Finally, from a purely "Homer" perspective, this game made more convincing that Brazzaville deserves a final poll placement of 3rd, considering our game result with McClellan:)

I agree with you on PA's players, posters, and parents but on coach Kelly you are being too kind. Going for that last TD when he should have had his QB take a knee was a truly classless act. The game was over and there was simply no excuse for it. Moves like that give the school program a bad name. He should be called on the carpet for it by his superiors.
Or in this case, validates the bad name some people think they already have!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas