• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catholic vs Pine Bluff Today

Started by Pintail, March 07, 2006, 06:51:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pintail

Key early season match up between a always tough Pine Bluff program Coached by Mark Jelks and the up and coming Rockets (7-0) coached by David Estes.  From what I've heard this Rocket team is for real and after today will be no secret to have a legitimate chance to capture the state title.

zebrafan

Pine Bluff is a good team not as good as last year but they have good youngsters it should be a good game.

DcDrDan

tiger96

Doesn't PB have a good left handed pitcher??  He should be a senior, I think.  He throws pretty hard!  Will he pitch today?

Pintail

Junior Varsity Game is at 4:30 p.m. to be followed by Varsity game at 6:00 p.m.  Game is at Lamar Porter Field.

rocketfan4231

catholic jv won in the bottom of the 5th 9-8 and the varsity won 11-0 in 5, mercy rule inacted, we got sylvan hills tommorow in jacksonville tourny final at 530, brandon white is going to start, this is the second time were goning to play them we beat them the 1st time, should be a good game and we will see if they can stay unbeaten

Frylock

March 07, 2006, 09:13:28 pm #6 Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:03:23 pm by The Schwabb
Quote from: Pintail on March 07, 2006, 02:45:41 pm
Junior Varsity Game is at 4:30 p.m. to be followed by Varsity game at 6:00 p.m.  Game is at Lamar Porter Field.

Do yall always play JV first Varsity second or was that just something yall did today? And did someone fix up Lamar Porter or was that just a rumor?

Pintail

The weakest PB team I've seen in years.  They are young and inexperienced.  This team will struggle.  The Rockets looked like a contender tonight.  Strong pitching, good hitting, and excellent defense was displayed tonight.  Sound like the ingredients that a championship is made of.

tiger96

Catholic will definitely make a run this year at Baum.  Pine Bluff still has some talented kids on their squad, but they just need to pull it all together.  They should be okay when it comes to conference.

zebrafan

zebrafan

Pine Bluff has 4 seniors there starting 4 freshman. give them a while.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on March 08, 2006, 02:13:49 pm
Pine Bluff has 4 seniors there starting 4 freshman. give them a while.

Lost 2 of the best pitchers in 5A one rightee throwing 88-91 mph and a leftee throwing 88-91 mph (would have been drafted by MLB later this year) had a chance to have as strong of pitching duo as Bryant last year.

Bad1

PB lost all their white kids to White Hall and Watson Chapel. They will never be good in baseball anymore.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Bad1 on March 09, 2006, 09:19:29 am
PB lost all their white kids to White Hall and Watson Chapel. They will never be good in baseball anymore.

So unless you're white you can't play baseball! ::)  I know for a fact that over the last 5 years or more PB's mostly black little league, jr babe ruth teams ect have played and won state titles. In fact last year the little team played in the cal rypkien world series and won 2 games! Also, if all the whites going to chapel and whitehall and they are only ones that can play ball then those schools should turn into powerhouses? Hadn't happen yet PB beat both schools last season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas