• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2015

Started by epotts, March 10, 2015, 02:05:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Googlymoogly

Correct, the Mountain Home school board hired Mitch Huskey tonight as the school's next athletic director. And he will be giving up his duties as head boys basketball coach so that job will be open

epotts

Mountain Home is open now with Mitch Huskey becoming the new Athletic Director, but would not surprise me if they filled from within district from one the assistants

Googlymoogly

Yeah that is possible but by law they have to advertise the position. Even if they do promote a current assistant, their will be a spot open somewhere along the chain

BigLion10

Quote from: HF on July 16, 2015, 10:44:06 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on July 16, 2015, 10:26:31 pm
Was he the crazy one at Mt ida?

Fits on the sidelines? Possibly... I didn't watch many hector games while he was here..... he did get our girls into region tournament for first time in a dozen years during his time here
this guy was at Mt ida a couple of years ago and would go nuts on the sidelines it was hilarious to watch him out there

epotts

Mountain Home is officially being posted as open today. They are like owing Internal and external for someone who fits the bill

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 16, 2015, 10:54:20 pm
Quote from: HF on July 16, 2015, 10:44:06 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on July 16, 2015, 10:26:31 pm
Was he the crazy one at Mt ida?

Fits on the sidelines? Possibly... I didn't watch many hector games while he was here..... he did get our girls into region tournament for first time in a dozen years during his time here
this guy was at Mt ida a couple of years ago and would go nuts on the sidelines it was hilarious to watch him out there

Yeah talked to a buddy of mine that worked a couple seasons as a ref, and said lowery would have some epic fits on the sidelines lol

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Riverside boys job open?   I read in the local paper they had posted the position. 

Basketballfan13

Yes Buster stepped down a few weeks ago

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 20, 2015, 10:00:36 am
Yes Buster stepped down a few weeks ago

You hear if Coach Hall is interested

Mamba13

Add western grove boys to the list of open jobs can anyone confirm this?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Mamba13 on July 29, 2015, 03:53:54 pm
Where would he have left to?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on July 29, 2015, 05:02:26 pm
Where would he have left to?

Harrison JH Boys I believe

ballmember

I was impressed with the coaching job he did at Western Grove.   Just my observations, do not know him personally.    Good coaches seem to be more rare in rural arkansas nowdays.   

Googlymoogly

I heard this last week but still have not had it confirmed.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Googlymoogly on July 29, 2015, 10:19:13 pm
Yes, it's confirmed Manes to Harrison JH Boys. 

Bergman1820

Quote from: TheOfficial on July 29, 2015, 11:26:30 pm

It's a bigger school I know, but going from coaching Sr.Boys to Jr.High boys. Is this a step up? Or could it help him in the future landing a better job?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: vstigerz on July 30, 2015, 05:14:03 pm

It's a bigger school I know, but going from coaching Sr.Boys to Jr.High boys. Is this a step up? Or could it help him in the future landing a better job?

Money talks? 

I think western groves little run they've been on is about to end as well...

Moonshiner

Pretty sure he wants to stay close to home.  The Grove is running out of talent rapidly. He goes from coaching all 4 teams to coaching 1 and will probably make more money.  Which is sad. Probably one of the best coaches they've had but did have some good talent to work with

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on July 31, 2015, 09:12:55 am

Pretty sure he wants to stay close to home.  The Grove is running out of talent rapidly. He goes from coaching all 4 teams to coaching 1 and will probably make more money.  Which is sad. Probably one of the best coaches they've had but did have some good talent to work with

I figured the talent pool was about to run dry at grove..

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HF on July 31, 2015, 04:03:43 pm

He had some (not as good as he did have) talent come back and they he would only have had the boys this year (Grove already hired Kelsey Smith to coach girls).  My guess since he has left is after this year, the school district will combine all three schools into one team for each Jr & Sr High teams.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 03, 2015, 11:22:57 am
Quote from: HF on July 31, 2015, 04:03:43 pm

He had some (not as good as he did have) talent come back and they he would only have had the boys this year (Grove already hired Kelsey Smith to coach girls).  My guess since he has left is after this year, the school district will combine all three schools into one team for each Jr & Sr High teams.
I think they will for sr high, but I think they will keep seperate jr high teams.

HorseFeathers

Bet the logistics for that will be a nightmare...or are they opening an ozark mountain district sr high?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HF on August 03, 2015, 02:16:05 pm
Bet the logistics for that will be a nightmare...or are they opening an ozark mountain district sr high?
I believe at some point that's what they were going to do, a 9-12 Ozark Mountain Senior High campus.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Googlymoogly on August 03, 2015, 10:41:45 pm
Quote from: HF on August 03, 2015, 02:16:05 pm
I believe at some point that's what they were going to do, a 9-12 Ozark Mountain Senior High campus.

They have bought some land in Western Grove.  I bet that is where the new Sr High campus would be held (just speculation).  Plus it is the central most school of the three.  The other two campuses are 15-25 min away (depending on traffic).

I don't see the logic in having one Sr High and separate Jr High teams.  I may be wrong, but that would be a scheduling nightmare, especially district play.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover's girls basketball Coach Moss has taken a position for Haas Hall Academy.

HorseFeathers

I dont think th e scheduling would be a nightmare... just have to play some week day games that aren't related to the senior high games...will be a headache making the schedule, but wouldn't be imppssible...I've wondered why they've kept st Joe open for as long as they have anyway

epotts

Mountain Home promoted their assistant Grant Greenhaw to be Interim Head Coach, will open the position back up next spring. Quality of applicants was very slim.

laketownballer

I doubt Mt. Home is reopened. As reported on here, Mt. Home already hired a guy from Western Grove to do Jr High. This reads like it was decided long before it was ever made public. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: laketownballer on August 07, 2015, 01:59:46 pm
I doubt Mt. Home is reopened. As reported on here, Mt. Home already hired a guy from Western Grove to do Jr High. This reads like it was decided long before it was ever made public.

What does hiring the guy to do jr high have to do with reopening the job next spring?

Moonshiner

Who'd they hire from Western a Grove to do JH?  Western Groves coach went to Harrison JH.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 07, 2015, 05:52:54 pm

Who'd they hire from Western a Grove to do JH?  Western Groves coach went to Harrison JH.
I think this person might have misread a previous statement? Western Groves coach went to Harrison for a jr boys job, I don't believe anyone from WG went to Mt. Home.

epotts

The job will open back up next spring according the Mitch Huskey, Athletic Director, they promoted the assistant to be Interim Head Coach because it was already to late in the summer to have applicants. Most coaches have already signed contracts

Moonshiner

Quote from: epotts on August 08, 2015, 02:48:30 am

The job will open back up next spring according the Mitch Huskey, Athletic Director, they promoted the assistant to be Interim Head Coach because it was already to late in the summer to have applicants. Most coaches have already signed contracts

Probably a smart move by the school.  Just hope the interim gets a fair shot at keeping the job the following year

laketownballer

My bad, I guess I go my North Arkansas Schools confused. Sorry for that and Thanks for the corrections.
So is there anyone who is still looking for coaches. I saw Waldron Girls was still posted on the AAEA job board.
It would be tough this late in the summer.

Basketballfan13

Western Grove Boys is still open

lancecy31

Does anyone know who Dermott hired?

Moonshiner

So what did Western Grove do?

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 20, 2015, 09:23:00 am

I heard they hired Lendal Martin.  Not sure where he came from.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 20, 2015, 12:15:39 pm

Makes sense.  He coached there several years ago. 

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 20, 2015, 07:12:18 pm

When did he coach there? I graduated from there in 1993 and don't remember him.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 20, 2015, 07:28:36 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on August 20, 2015, 07:12:18 pm

When did he coach there? I graduated from there in 1993 and don't remember him.

Might not be the guy I'm thinking of, but pretty sure he was there 6 or 7 years ago. When Mike Parrish was Principal.

bulldog42

The boys coaches at Western Grove since 2001
mike McClintock
Keith Newsome
Claude Whithead
Chris Rogers
Josh Manes

Moonshiner

Must've been thinking about Whithead

Googlymoogly

Lendal Martin has been retired a few years but he coached at Van Cove, Green Forest and several other places. He has two sons that I know of that are coaching.... Bo Martin is the boys coach at Bergman and Brian Martin is at Greene County Tech after several years at Greenwood

HawgBall06

Quote from: Googlymoogly on August 22, 2015, 09:03:40 pm
Lendal Martin has been retired a few years but he coached at Van Cove, Green Forest and several other places. He has two sons that I know of that are coaching.... Bo Martin is the boys coach at Bergman and Brian Martin is at Greene County Tech after several years at Greenwood

Lendal mostly made his name for coaching at Wickes where he spent the most years took the boys to the state championship game, although he actually won a state championship at Van-Cove with the girls team.  The last few years he has mainly been a superintendent at Battest, OK and at Cossatot River in SW Arkansas.  He retired (for a 2nd time) a year ago, but when Western Grove called he decided to take 1 more run at coaching.  He just can't get it out of his system. 

BTW, Wendel Cartwright is the new boys coach at Cossatot River and he played for Coach Martin back in the day.

MikeDiesel™

Blytheville just changed over. We've lost our 2nd coach in the past year to Germantown, TN after Chris Smith took the football job there at Christmas of last year.

Looks like Tyer and Hixson may be back working together again this year.

OB11

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on October 26, 2015, 08:15:18 pm
Blytheville just changed over. We've lost our 2nd coach in the past year to Germantown, TN after Chris Smith took the football job there at Christmas of last year.

Yea, saw an article that said Tyer and Hixon are taking it. Bizzare timing. Wish the best to the Chickasaws.

Rulesman

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on October 26, 2015, 08:15:18 pm

Just like the good old days. They were two fun guys to work for. Both have forgotten more basketball than some have ever known.

RTF

Quote from: B.G. on July 03, 2015, 01:38:23 pm
Quote from: TheGovernor on July 03, 2015, 08:11:54 am
Regardless coaches/teachers probably don't get paid enough to put up with the Bologna parents and students give them these days.
I don't get paid enough at my job either.

Impossible... you have to be making six digits B.G., your to smart not to be.

laketownballer

To soon to start speculating on 2016 openings?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas