• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City vs Booneville

Started by CounterPunch, September 08, 2012, 02:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: Dragline on September 13, 2012, 11:10:17 am
You misspelled Thier...should have been theyr'e

What an indiot

+1  ;D

Didn't Booneville get spanked by somebody - let me think about that - I was working on a duck blind, a couple of weeks ago - listening to the radio.  Yep, it was Booneville - somebody else near us....

Dragline

Quote from: Valleysports on September 13, 2012, 12:42:35 pm
Quote from: Dragline on September 13, 2012, 11:10:17 am
You misspelled Thier...should have been theyr'e

What an indiot

+1  ;D

Didn't Booneville get spanked by somebody - let me think about that - I was working on a duck blind, a couple of weeks ago - listening to the radio.  Yep, it was Booneville - somebody else near us....

the use of dashes combined with ellipsis is a sure sign of sterility and erectile dysfunction.

apache_alum_90

To SAM
Good to see ya back! I'm not mad about you pale faces taking our land(I'm part cherokee just an Apache grad). And on another post I predicted a different outcome after I posted this one. I knew Booneville suffered an off season last year and that Star City is always tough especially at home so I picked them by 17. But on the 4A picks week 3 I picked Booneville by 6 and that's the one I'm going with!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 13, 2012, 02:58:45 pm
To SAM
Good to see ya back! I'm not mad about you pale faces taking our land(I'm part cherokee just an Apache grad). And on another post I predicted a different outcome after I posted this one. I knew Booneville suffered an off season last year and that Star City is always tough especially at home so I picked them by 17. But on the 4A picks week 3 I picked Booneville by 6 and that's the one I'm going with!
star city officiating worth 10 points.

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 12, 2012, 11:11:16 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on September 12, 2012, 10:34:02 pm
Thanks Counterpunch, I know he'd love it if we found some way to listen to a radio station, broadcasting the game, next week.  We'll be paying attention - thanks again.
No problem. 99.9 fm southeast Arkansas. Don't know about anywhere else.

Booneville's games are played on 104.7. Well all the away games are and you can also listen to the booneville games online i forgot what the website is but if anyone would like to know just let me know and i'll find it and give it to you.

apache_alum_90

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2012, 03:00:59 pm
Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 13, 2012, 02:58:45 pm
To SAM
star city officiating worth 10 points.
ya I took that into consideration on both predictions, that is why i picked 17, and then only chose Booneville by 6!

CounterPunch

Star City will have too much speed for Booneville and will pull this one out late, 34-26.

The Beast Of 08

Star City is good this year. A good Star City team at home is nearly unbeatable because of the Ref factor. Star City by 16

mossflyer

I agree that officiating at Star City is normally bad, but it's normally bad for both teams.  :-\  Safe travels for Booneville as they set out on the long drive from Logan County, and I hope Star City is a hospitable place for a good ole fashioned butt whoopin' tonight.  ;D     

your name here

I agree with the normally bad for both, but its the timing of the calls that makes them worse sometimes. 3rd and longs usually.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: your name here on September 14, 2012, 10:38:52 am
I agree with the normally bad for both, but its the timing of the calls that makes them worse sometimes. 3rd and longs usually.

or after visitor's touchdowns or lack of clips and holds on star city td's. those refs are just glad not to be parking cars at layne's on friday nights. they know what they are supposed to do.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on September 14, 2012, 11:09:00 am
Quote from: your name here on September 14, 2012, 10:38:52 am

or after visitor's touchdowns or lack of clips and holds on star city td's. those refs are just glad not to be parking cars at layne's on friday nights. they know what they are supposed to do.
the refs in star city are idiots, and i tell them every chance i get...i think they are from pine bluff....

Jimbo Morphis

yesterday i deleted all my pm's since 2006. found a couple where counterpunch was gonna whip my ##$. those were the days. way more fun when he and many more didn't know who i am.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on September 14, 2012, 11:11:25 am
yesterday i deleted all my pm's since 2006. found a couple where counterpunch was gonna whip my ##$. those were the days. way more fun when he and many more didn't know who i am.
i have known who you are for a long time. someone pointed you out to me at a sc game a couple of years ago..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 14, 2012, 11:14:32 am
i have known who you are for a long time. someone pointed you out to me at a sc game a couple of years ago..
pretty much everyone in star city, mcgehee, and dumas knows. you must hang out around the star city pressbox.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on September 14, 2012, 11:16:39 am
Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 14, 2012, 11:14:32 am
pretty much everyone in star city, mcgehee, and dumas knows. you must hang out around the star city pressbox.
been sitting near the press box for as long as i can remember...lol

toobad4u993

I remember sitting beside mr b at the PA game. He really does say idiot a lot.

sam

Booneville has actually had some very fast teams in the past.  Sometimes we get underestimated in that area.  But this year we don't have an abundance of it.  They have some really athletic sophs but they're young and it's gonna take a while for them to mature.  But like a typical Booneville team they play very hard and that alone should keep them in most games. 

sam

But the real question is can anyone stop Heber Spring's play action pass this year?

bassman1974

Star Citys size and speed proves to be too much.  Star City 35-Booneville 31.  Thanks for coming Booneville.....but sorry for the long ride home.

bullseye

MONSTER

Dragline

Remember, don't eat the messican food in South Arkansas.

Brings a whole new meaning to power runs.

CounterPunch

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on September 14, 2012, 06:53:47 am
Star City is good this year. A good Star City team at home is nearly unbeatable because of the Ref factor. Star City by 16
Why is everyone talking about Star city's refs? My god these same refs officiate all over southeastern Arkansas, not just Star City. Give me a break. And the last time Camden HG played at Star city we beat yall by about 30, so refs didnt matter.

CounterPunch

Star City gets the first score with QB zack house with a 30 yard TD carry up the middle.

Star City   6
Booneville 0

2:09 1st

CounterPunch

Booneville intercepts the pass and goes in to score the next play.

Star City   6
Booneville 7

:37 1st

CounterPunch

Star City drives down with a nice mixture of passing and running to score. 2 point conversion good.

Star City   14
Booneville 7

9:35 2nd

CounterPunch

Star city runs in for the score. Reshawd Davis has 2 touchdowns

Star City  21
Booneville 7

6:53 2nd

CounterPunch

Reshawd Davis with the reception for the TD.
3 TDs for Davis so far.

Star City  28
Booneville 7

2:17 2nd

AirWarren

Put it on em dogs. Seem to be the ONLY bright spot for the conference tonight.

CounterPunch

Booneville drives 80 yards for the opening half TD.

Star City   28
Booneville 14

7:59 3rd

CounterPunch

Booneville running game looking good.

Star City   28
Booneville 20

5:30 3rd

bulldoggfan23

AirWarren

Is Booneville running the spread or are they still a wing team?

CounterPunch

Quote from: AW on September 14, 2012, 09:10:11 pm
Is Booneville running the spread or are they still a wing team?
Wing, and good at it if they don't fumble.
28-20 going into 4th

AirWarren

That's what I heard. Got a good game going on over there.

CounterPunch

Booneville running down our throats.

Star City   28
Booneville 28

7:16 4th

CounterPunch

28-28 Booneville ball on own 20 with 2 mIns left

bulldoggfan23

September 14, 2012, 09:33:39 pm #138 Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:37:04 pm by bulldoggfan23
To tha crib!!!

CounterPunch

Star City returns the punt for a TD. Blocked field goal

Star City   34
Booneville 28

2:13 4th

Ps: it was not a pick 6 ^

bulldoggfan23

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2012, 09:35:13 pm
Star City returns the punt for a TD. Blocked field goal

Star City   34
Booneville 28

2:13 4th

Ps: it was not a pick 6 ^
well darn.. I got all excited, someone's feeding me the wrong info haha

CounterPunch

Booneville returns the kickoff down inside bulldog 30.

2:01 left

CounterPunch

3rd and 11 Booneville with 1:28 left

bulldoggfan23

CounterPunch

Star City makes the stop. SC ball with 1:11 left

bulldoggfan23

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 14, 2012, 09:41:49 pm
Star City makes the stop. SC ball with 1:11 left
few first downs and hello 3-0

CounterPunch

Star City   34
Booneville 28

Final

Romeo

Right now, based on what I seen Star City is the frontrunner to win the 8-4A.

bulldoggfan23

Iceman_89_07

Got away with a penalty on the fourth down play, player never looked back for the ball and threw his hands up and stood there. Lucky!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas