• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A BOYS BRACKET w/teams

Started by Brian G, February 27, 2016, 10:47:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsguy80

Ponca

Predictions need to have it's own thread.

Grond

Any word on video links for the games?

Corey870

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 27, 2016, 10:59:14 am
Predictions anyone
If things work out like it should and hot springs and Forrest city meet up in the bottom half of the bracket, whoever win between Hot Springs And Forrest City is gone win the 5a championship

godeep

Mills will have a lot to say about that. Should be great tourney.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: godeep on February 28, 2016, 08:02:44 pm
Mills will have a lot to say about that. Should be great tourney.

They'll have to beat Maumelle first. :)

sportsguy80

I agree should be a great tournament. The bottom half is loaded. Hope should challenge FC. LRC vs Fair, Harrison vs PA, and Mills vs Morrilton should be very interesting...

hogfan7

February 29, 2016, 08:43:25 am #8 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:27:07 am by hogfan7
Boys:  I think these teams in the 5A East will get beat the first round- except Forrest City.
GCT will get slaughtered, so will Paragould.  Valley View may stay close for awhile, but I think they will get beat by double digits.

woopork

I say Maumelle, Magnolia, Morrilton, Watson, Hot Springs, Fair, Hope, Harrison, advance to second round. Maumelle, Morrilton, Hot Springs, and Harrison to Semis. Hot Springs and Maumelle to Finals, with Maumelle winning.

Coachbanks12

Hot Springs will not lose to Maumelle again.

sportsguy80

I know one thing if those two do meet it's going to be tough on Maumelle. The trojans have been playing with a chip on their shoulders this season mainly because of the loss against Maumelle last year.

Corey870

Quote from: woopork on February 29, 2016, 02:33:02 pm
I say Maumelle, Magnolia, Morrilton, Watson, Hot Springs, Fair, Hope, Harrison, advance to second round. Maumelle, Morrilton, Hot Springs, and Harrison to Semis. Hot Springs and Maumelle to Finals, with Maumelle winning.
I don't know what type of basketball u been watching or do u even know about basketball but for u to say Forrest City not gone get past hope u done lost your head evidently u haven't watch but the team out of the central and west play but everybody have they own opinion.... Forrest City is not on a 18 game winning streak and in the top 10 in the state just by giving them wins, you better go do some research

godeep

Maumelle- Jacksonville will be a battle. Maumelle get out of that game they might be able to get to finals. Mills-Maumelle will be a great game.

mijally

I agree Maumelle will have their hands full with Jacksonville. You can't look past any game or you get beat. One at a time.

Ponca

I think all the Central/West 1st round matchups are toss-ups. 4 must see basketball games.

sportsguy80

How could I forget about that one. Jville will definitely challenge Maumelle.

kingoftherapids

Amazing how much harder the bottom half is

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Any video or radio links to the games? Maumelle - Jacksonville is a good one to get it started and would love to be able to listen to/watch it!

Go Forrest City Mustangs!!!  ;D

kingoftherapids

For Hot springs boys and girls espnarkansas.net has listen live feature online or espn 96.3 FM in central/western arkansas. or if you have smart phone download espn radio app and search for "espn arkansas" under stations.

woopork

March 01, 2016, 02:34:01 pm #20 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:36:15 pm by woopork
Robinson starts out Maumelle game with a slam and a block. 4-7 JVill. Williams has missed first two threes.

mijally

Woo pork I thank you for the updates. Never been more pleased with a first round win over an awesome Jacksonville team that beat the 1 seed in all the other conferences. West 1's setting the tone!!!!

mijally

Mills had a big write up in the Demozette today. That's been a jinx for other teams including Morrilton.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2016, 04:10:41 pm
Woo pork I thank you for the updates. Never been more pleased with a first round win over an awesome Jacksonville team that beat the 1 seed in all the other conferences. West 1's setting the tone!!!!
'

But really, they didn't beat the FC team that won conference.

Corey870

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 29, 2016, 03:23:47 am
I agree should be a great tournament. The bottom half is loaded. Hope should challenge FC. LRC vs Fair, Harrison vs PA, and Mills vs Morrilton should be very interesting...
Y'all predictions really be funny to me what makes u think that hope could even stand a chance to even be on the same court as FC let known stay close with them.... Forrest City is on a mission right now and ready for the next opponent, oh yea in case u didn't know or go to the game Forrest City beat hope by 40 points and could have put up a 100 or more easily

lyckedesplit1

Corey870 come on man I know we love our Stang's but those r kids on the other bench. So don't b so hard on the other team. Hve a lil respect for the game homeboy I'm not tryn to tell u what to say 😂😂 man u b on 1 imjs. Fc 4 life I bleed true blue.

Corey870

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 03, 2016, 11:46:10 am
Corey870 come on man I know we love our Stang's but those r kids on the other bench. So don't b so hard on the other team. Hve a lil respect for the game homeboy I'm not tryn to tell u what to say 😂😂 man u b on 1 imjs. Fc 4 life I bleed true blue.
it ain't that I try be to be hard on em they just ain't giving FC the respect that they deserve and the mustangs Kno it thats why they came out yesterday and made a big statement with a chip on they shoulder.....

lyckedesplit1

I feel u on that but we r from FC and u know like I know we hve never gotten respect from any conference so y is now so different. We just hve to do what we do on the court. I appreciate your support of our boys. But like I tell the boys we can't get cocky just play the game.

Corey870

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 03, 2016, 12:01:53 pm
I feel u on that but we r from FC and u know like I know we hve never gotten respect from any conference so y is now so different. We just hve to do what we do on the court. I appreciate your support of our boys. But like I tell the boys we can't get cocky just play the game.
I give respect where respect is due and FC has gained the respect that they getting but u always gotta a few that just want give it.... Now if I see another team that's been playing good I give them they respect like HS I give it to coach elchols and the Trojans they also have had tremendous season I have watched them play a couple times this yr and it would be a matchup to see if FC & HS meet Saturday in the semi , it'll be worth every bit of the wait

lyckedesplit1

Yea your right they deserve their respect. But We r from FC and we r goin to give them respect no matter what. I'm that type of person I rather get it from others by my body of work and if u give a lil u will receive a lil u know that. Im just glad we r here and looking forward to the rest of the tournament. I've been looking at the west and the central man they hve some great games today.

Corey870

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 03, 2016, 12:26:05 pm
Yea your right they deserve their respect. But We r from FC and we r goin to give them respect no matter what. I'm that type of person I rather get it from others by my body of work and if u give a lil u will receive a lil u know that. Im just glad we r here and looking forward to the rest of the tournament. I've been looking at the west and the central man they hve some great games today.
I'm not gone be able to make it today but it's some great games 2ma also I'll be there to catch HS play and of course FC at 8:30

lyckedesplit1

mijally

You FC fans gotta love this. You finally have to meet a quality team and they will have had to play a multiple ot game the day before.  You're still chillin.

MrManne35

I see people already getting the excuses ready for when Fc win tomorrow. Love to hate on FC but it's cool just extra motivation.

lyckedesplit1

Man after the first OT I started saying here we go. Everybody is going to say FC only going to win because PA didn't have any legs. So please don't blame FC for PA not taking care of their business in regulation. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MrManne35

For real. Overtime or not they still wouldn't be able to deal with RJ Glasper.

cannon

Quote from: hogfan7 on February 29, 2016, 08:43:25 am
Boys:  I think these teams in the 5A East will get beat the first round- except Forrest City.
GCT will get slaughtered, so will Paragould.  Valley View may stay close for awhile, but I think they will get beat by double digits.

Orrrrr, Magnolia slips by Paragould with a 6 point win and VV throttles WC by 38.

I watched VV play Jonesboro, which, arguably, is one of the top three teams in the state, and lose to them by five. FWIW, VV never trailed in that game until 1:24 to go in the fourth, and almost certainly would have won the game were it not for serious foul trouble late in the fourth quarter.  And Paragould beat them. And Cedar Ridge beat them in triple OT. And FC beat them twice. And Nettleton beat them.  Hang on, I'm getting to a point . . .

Ego aside, and regardless of who wins or loses, this promises to be an unpredictable and exciting tourney. With a few exceptions, I think almost any team could step up and take the ring if the planets aligned for them. I am SO jealous that I'm not there watching.

mijally

Maumelle 15
Mills 13
End of 1. Big boy basketball. The rebound battles are incredible.

Grond

Quote from: mijally on March 05, 2016, 01:50:04 pm
Maumelle 15
Mills 13
End of 1. Big boy basketball. The rebound battles are incredible.

Thanks for the updates.  ;D

mijally

Mills 31
Maumelle 29
Half
Maumelle 11 fouls Mills 3. That's the way it goes sometimes.

mijally

mijally

Maumelle 44
Mills 41
Start of 4th

mijally

Maumelle 52
Mills 42
4:22 left

sportsguy80

mijally

jblackmon014

Oh wow. I'm shocked. Didn't Maumelle barely beat magnolia?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 03:13:05 pm

Beat Magnolia by 8. It was a close game throughout. Maumelle does this a lot. They don't really blow anyone out - they do enough to win though.

mijally

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 03:13:05 pm
"Beat" is the key word of that statement.

sportsguy80

Shaping up to be a great final regardless.

Grond

Congrats to Maumelle.  Despite all the talk, we had each conference represented in the Final 4.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas